shyke
Knight
Knight

Re: Human race and Tiadrin questions.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Tiadrin isn't the strongest 10$ hero you can get no, but she is one of the better ones anything she gets fielded on makes it better I have a tiadrin that I fed all the mag/command to and she soloes silver armies very very easily and keep in mind I only spent 11$ on the server I've never bought anything else other than patron and her she just makes life a lot more easier and if you really wanted to you can feed her every stat and get some effect out of everything. When you get her maxxed in all her stats with her shield she has 35/35/35/34 for stats making it extremely easy to craft any item in the game that you want it just comes down to getting the stones to be able to craft everything.

Honestly I thought she was going to be worse than she actually was but after playing with her she is purely automatic and requires no imputs and thats her greatest asset sure she has some "counters" in duels and overall you are better off with jacques but even her counters aren't that bad unless its elena aura + vega favor. Though admittedly i play her with lich so that may have something to do with it but another bonus is she confuses the hell out of priest AI causing them to heal everything but the front which makes your spiders do more damage and also during favor helps push through her heals. That aside she has the best auto trigger ability in the game glory hammer. Besides that she can carry you through the void pretty decently as well during my time with her on 100 she's probably one of the most underrated heroes in the game but in my opinion is one of the strongest but I am in no way saying she is the best she has her issues causing her to stay away from that spot but she is no way "trash" tier even if you dont invest in her heavily just due to her passive abilities.

PS Gazul aura + tiadrin aura in duels makes every archer in the game run if they do not open vega favor it essentially deletes them from the duel if shes stacked.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm

shyke wrote:
Tiadrin isn't the strongest 10$ hero you can get no, but she is one of the better ones anything she gets fielded on makes it better I have a tiadrin that I fed all the mag/command to and she soloes silver armies very very easily and keep in mind I only spent 11$ on the server I've never bought anything else other than patron and her she just makes life a lot more easier and if you really wanted to you can feed her every stat and get some effect out of everything. When you get her maxxed in all her stats with her shield she has 35/35/35/34 for stats making it extremely easy to craft any item in the game that you want it just comes down to getting the stones to be able to craft everything.

Honestly I thought she was going to be worse than she actually was but after playing with her she is purely automatic and requires no imputs and thats her greatest asset sure she has some "counters" in duels and overall you are better off with jacques but even her counters aren't that bad unless its elena aura + vega favor. Though admittedly i play her with lich so that may have something to do with it but another bonus is she confuses the hell out of priest AI causing them to heal everything but the front which makes your spiders do more damage and also during favor helps push through her heals. That aside she has the best auto trigger ability in the game glory hammer. Besides that she can carry you through the void pretty decently as well during my time with her on 100 she's probably one of the most underrated heroes in the game but in my opinion is one of the strongest but I am in no way saying she is the best she has her issues causing her to stay away from that spot but she is no way "trash" tier even if you dont invest in her heavily just due to her passive abilities.

PS Gazul aura + tiadrin aura in duels makes every archer in the game run if they do not open vega favor it essentially deletes them from the duel if shes stacked.

Shyke stop giving away our meta secrets xD jkjk
As shyke said she's by no means overpowere but by no means weak either. I hope everyone gives her a shot as she's actually pretty good.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:46 pm

I don't know if I can agree with you both, I would take anything, even Bane but not a Tiadrin that I don't plan to invest.

shyke
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Hiems wrote:
I don't know if I can agree with you both, I would take anything, even Bane but not a Tiadrin that I don't plan to invest.

If you aren't investing in a hero they are just there for stats/troop deploy and bane is pretty good for that due to his huge amount of stam that he gets, Tiadrin is purely automatic so shes good in that sense. Sure most of the other heroes are ranged that you can buy but if you dont plan on investing anything in them then banes by far the best due to what you get from him and the others are just +2 troop deploy and stats since chances are you won't be using their abilities in a duel or sieges anyways.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:26 pm

shyke wrote:
Hiems wrote:

If you aren't investing in a hero they are just there for stats/troop deploy and bane is pretty good for that due to his huge amount of stam that he gets, Tiadrin is purely automatic so shes good in that sense. Sure most of the other heroes are ranged that you can buy but if you dont plan on investing anything in them then banes by far the best due to what you get from him and the others are just +2 troop deploy and stats since chances are you won't be using their abilities in a duel or sieges anyways.

Let me see...

Cleo: a good CC that requires 0 stats to work. Slow passive if you're lich.
Jacques: even with only equips, do far more damage than anything on the early/mid game, with the new equips even more. Investing might isn't really a problem since the only free hero that you may want to use might is maybe Avalon if you really want the arrows, maybe Grimms and arguably Mako but I didn't deeply test him yet.
Elena: with 0 stat cards on her you can still have the retreat skill which is awesome for scouts, a free pass to check any wall unless you're very underlvled, you still have magic resistance and the summon skill still very strong. If you don't like summon or magic resistance, you can have saving life.
Rose: meh without stats and some investment.
Vallari: okayish without too many stat cards.
Gafgar: maybe.
Now you have Gan, Wraxius and Nora that you can also buy (which can be a good option for new servers since Wraxius and Nora are quite a long way). I don't know how effective Wraxius and Nora are without stats, but I know for a fact that a Gan with less than 20 magic and lvl 4 Earthquake will kill any golds near lvl 5 on the wall.

Bane: -1 troops and a sitting duck the whole fight.
Tiadrin: laughable without investment, besides that a wind on the hair and she's dead.

I'm not sure if I get your point on why is bane that better than those I said since they can be played passively also, besides Cleo (if you're not Lich), and they're by far more useful on battles and bring much more to the table on options than bane. Yes, he gets stamina, but I don't see good items that require that much of stamina, and if they do, you still need to put other cards on your bane so in the end it doesn't matter.

shyke
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 am

You cannot buy gan. wraxius or nora they don't show up to be bought in the shop thats just the extra "bonuses" you get its not actually them inside the bundle. If you buy jacques and dont invest in him i'm sorry but thats incredibly stupid since he negates entire portions of the game. Sure elena retreat and cleo black hole have very very niche uses but for overall usefulness bane/tiadrin is superior in my opinion. The extra stam and the taunt bane has can save quite a lot of troops and tiadrin even without investing does decent damage to the entire field on top of that she instantly heals heroes and can save them from falling over prematurely. Vallari I haven't played with but I'm assuming she is in the sort of same boat as avril except a bit more damage and less control so basically useful for a portion of the game then falls off without heavy investments. Cleo sure has a decent cc but that's it basically a walking +2 troop cap as most races not very useful at all and doesn't work against large units till later in the game. Elena is probably on par with bane or better depending on your race I honestly forgot she existed.

Banes whole -1 troop cap is pretty much invalidated now with how many units you can field and all the heroes you get pretty early into the game you can only field so many units as each race and usually you don't actually use as much as you absolutely need because there's physically no more room for the troops to be deployed. I'm not saying she is the best no investment but she is always useable and always has an effect, same with bane you can mess with far away melee units with his taunt at the very least causing the ai to spaz out when you run out of summons/favor. Because lets be honest here your first spells are basically always going to be either summons or favor, though depending on if they open archer summon things like avril nova will be used instead to save your backline. You are rarely if ever going to use anything else especially from non invested heroes because the impact isn't going to be as big as spawning 3x silver units anywhere you want or map wide healing, sure the stun from cleo is decent but there is no way i would use that over sword summon though there may be occasions where you use it over archer summon but only against a few races.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 am

So, the bundle is the same as the others but there's no hero inside? Are you sure? Good to know anyway, they look the same.

shyke wrote:
If you buy jacques and dont invest in him i'm sorry but thats incredibly stupid since he negates entire portions of the game.

I agree that buying Jacques and not investing on him is stupid, but what I said is that investing might on a hero is way easier than investing command and magic, since command goes to pretty much anyone besides Avril and magic 1/3 of the free heroes can and need to use.

shyke wrote:
Sure elena retreat and cleo black hole have very very niche uses but for overall usefulness bane/tiadrin is superior in my opinion. The extra stam and the taunt bane has can save quite a lot of troops and tiadrin even without investing does decent damage to the entire field on top of that she instantly heals heroes and can save them from falling over prematurely.

Yes, I've seen the heal on Tiadrin and the taunt on Bane doing something to help the field, but I've been fighting Tiadrin since a while and never seen a Tiadrin do good damage if she's not high lvl (and supposedly high stats), if I play Lich the damage is unnoticeable, if I play human my troops will roll over the field with a Favor completely negating the aura. Vallari is good for siege, wouldn't say she's better than my Gan since he's carrying me on a lot of walls but she's def good. Since you said that the bundles don't have the heroes and I'm assuming it's true, then she's probably the best hero for siege besides obviously Jacques imo.

On the other part I agree with what you said about -1 troop not being a problem anymore, agree with Cleo cc not being too used and situational, but I still don't think that I would pick Tiadrin or Bane on any situation, unless I want to invest heavily on my Tiadrin, which is probably a good option for Lich but probably not really the best for human, dwarf or rakan.