Dazed
Baron
Baron

Immune to Pillage - FarmVille Bubble Simulator?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks to the new 'Auto Bubble' system you can now be completely immune to pillage just by not upgrading your wall or having a garrison. This works by allowing a huge % plunder when attacked which activates the bubble blocking the initial attack and the pillage. The larger the % so the smaller your wall guarantees total protection. Having a large amount of available plunder helps the bubble kick in straight away so dont be afraid of stacking those resources...

Not only is this system completely stupid in a game that revolves around attacking ppl for resources but its rewarding ppl for having a weak wall and allowing a large % pillage. Its not my fault my troops can do massive damage and gain a large % but giving them total immunity to any attack is completely absurd.

The 'Auto Bubble' needs to activate AFTER the resources have been pillaged , not blocking the attack completely and waste everybodys time in the process. Where is the refund of the energy / mana used if the attack is blocked completely ?

This is all stemming from the fact that available pillage in most servers dried up 2 patches ago when the 'warehouse' system came in so ppl used alt accs as the only way to continue stable resource income. Crying ensued and a 'knee jerk' reaction took place that now limits attacks to the point that u find a juicy target and instead of it being payday ur attack is blocked completely and ur only reward is the energy/mana used in the process. This isnt farmville ... we attack ppl for resources and if their online to defend / bubble than more power to them. Auto bubble in a war game wastes everybodys time , stop listening to the whingers wanting all this protection...
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Re: Immune to Pillage - FarmVille Bubble Simulator?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 pm

+1
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:28 am

+1

The auto bubble is good in theory but is too easily abused in its current form. Making it trigger and deny an attack already made is a huge no, and making it easier to activate by not upgrading your wall is simply ludicrous.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:51 am

+1

Also that it triggers infinitly... at first I thought it would just use the 1 free charge every 48h but it just triggers again after its over.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:19 am

So, how long does the shield last? It hasn't happen to me yet.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:29 am

It's just a normal 8h shield that triggers again and again for 0 linari. The trigger condition is also getting more ridiculous by the day... how is it okay that another guy and me can pillage 30k and 40k elixir from a guy with 85k in 2 attacks without it kicking in but if i attack someone with 300k of all 3 basics and use elena to recall and damage stop at a pillage amount of 5k it already kicks in. This thing offers 0 actual protection to new players like it was advertised.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:33 am

Wyrdii wrote:
It's just a normal 8h shield that triggers again and again for 0 linari. The trigger condition is also getting more ridiculous by the day... how is it okay that another guy and me can pillage 30k and 40k elixir from a guy with 85k in 2 attacks without it kicking in but if i attack someone with 300k of all 3 basics and use elena to recall and damage stop at a pillage amount of 5k it already kicks in. This thing offers 0 actual protection to new players like it was advertised.

I don't think the recall will help as it's locked on when the sword animation begins. But yeah, they need to something about this. Anyway, thanks for the answer.

alcapwned
Squire
Squire

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:22 am

I agree, the autoshield is terrible. Once it triggers there seems to be a cooldown period (possibly around 48 hours) where it is significantly more likely to trigger again, usually on the first hit. This is where someone can really exploit the immunity offered by the shield. I've already seen several examples of this on my server: targets that autoshielded with plenty of loot left over so every time the 8 hr autoshield expires they get hit almost immediately. Because they get hit within that 48 hour window, the autoshield triggers on the first hit (so they lose nothing) and the 48 hour period resets.

But that's not my only problem with it. The fact that there's no way to predict when the autoshield will trigger is just terrible design. The warehouse system is good because you can see exactly how much loot is available to plunder, but there's no way of knowing how much loot you can get before the autoshield kicks in. This makes it very hard to evaluate whether a target is worth looting or not, and it is incredibly frustrating to have the autoshield trigger seemingly at random once you've put in the effort to break a target.

I think the whole system needs to go, but if Lilith really wants to keep it they need to tell us exactly what triggers it and give us some way of determining in game how much of a target's loot we can expect to get before it does.

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm

It should never trigger mid-attack, period. You should always be able to attack once before it goes into effect.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:18 pm

quick everyone make an alt to attack yourself, game won. As I have had game support tell me there is nothing they will do about alts, it seems a legit strategy.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok