Flicker5
Squire
Squire

Re: Racist game play

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 am

On my server This is happening too, seems that all Chinese players are reunited on Neferak. Its not only on my server, I tried other ones ( new ones ) to see the situation and unfortunately, is exactly same thing.
Last edited by Flicker5 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrinceCharming
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:34 pm

You sound like you play mobile games for the first time.
Don't you know that Chinese guys behave like this in ALL mobile games?
Especially strategy games, where quantity counts as much as quality.
Their interest will slow down soon. It is just a nice application that is new and fresh.

JerenSoon
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Flicker5 wrote:
On my server This is happening too, seems that all Chinese restaurant players are reunited on Neferak. Its not only on my server, I tried other ones ( new ones ) to see the situation and unfortunately, is exactly same thing.

In this game, Unity and Strategy is the Core requirements to survive onslaught of attacks.
Join a House, get used to your opponent's strategy and counter them out. This is the game where the Strong will stay; the Weak will fall.

You're battling against ENTIRE GLOBE (which includes China) so don't even trying to say this one if you fall.

iphit
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:08 pm

I think both those replies are slightly off topic , them dominating by being close and spending money is fine bullyibg with rpetitive castle atacks or duels are fine , but xenophobic/racist behaviour are not and when people are faced with that by a lot of people from a certain culture that's certainly a problem to be looked at , separate servers are not a bad idea of this happens so often, also keep in mind this game has a low age requirment and that this kind of behaviour is not apropriate for anyone but in particular kids.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:15 pm

iphit wrote:
I think both those replies are slightly off topic , them dominating by being close and spending money is fine bullyibg with rpetitive castle atacks or duels are fine , but xenophobic/racist behaviour are not and when people are faced with that by a lot of people from a certain culture that's certainly a problem to be looked at , separate servers are not a bad idea of this happens so often, also keep in mind this game has a low age requirment and that this kind of behaviour is not apropriate for anyone but in particular kids.

You bring up a fair point that I always forget. Probably because when I grew up with the internet I just got used to the verbal assault all day everyday and just drone it out and don't really hear it anymore. But this is very valid in this day and age and political climate at least in the west. I don't think the other cultures are as strict as we are when it comes to protecting people from harsh words on the internet. I agree something should be done about it.

I know when I had this happen to me on server 93 I just opened up costumer support and sent them screen shots of what was said and all that jazz. This helped me but in recent days their support has gotten slower so I am not sure what's going on anymore
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Flicker5
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:42 pm

JerenSoon wrote:
Flicker5 wrote:
On my server This is happening too, seems that all Chinese restaurant players are reunited on Neferak. Its not only on my server, I tried other ones ( new ones ) to see the situation and unfortunately, is exactly same thing.

In this game, Unity and Strategy is the Core requirements to survive onslaught of attacks.
Join a House, get used to your opponent's strategy and counter them out. This is the game where the Strong will stay; the Weak will fall.

You're battling against ENTIRE GLOBE (which includes China) so don't even trying to say this one if you fall.

Not really, its not a matter of strategy anymore, but a matter of POWER, and its not against a entire globe, new servers are filled with Chinese ( im not saying its their fault or complaining about them ) and most of them are reunited on Neferak, then don't matter how much we grow and get better, they will always be ahead of us, because they pay A LOT.

And when i say a matter of power its not 30k from our strongest against their strongest player, but 80k. Its just unbelievable their growth in so little time....
And when tou say strong will stay i believe you mean those who spend a lot, because that's what the game is about ( on new servers ) the Richest will stay and the Poorest will fall.

Hoffman72510
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Oh look Shu came to disagree again, what a shocker. If the vast majority of players are requesting separate servers then there is no denying that there is a problem. I can’t recall many posts before the release in China where tons of new players flooded the forums searching for a non Chinese ran server where they could compete and enjoy the game without spending money hand over fist. But hey if you don’t mind then I hope you go to the Chinese servers when (hopefully Lilith sees the bigger picture here) regional servers are released.

Oh and the argument that they are strong because they work together is void because they easily outnumber any other region on EVERY server post release, oh and the fact they all feel the need to spend absurd amounts of money on an app game.

ddelucca
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Being a whale is fine. Being a group of whales that bully others out of the server is not. It is fairly easy to shutdown someone in this game for weeks when you take down his garrison and walls, and you do it with no risk to yourself as no one will dare to be the first to hit a full gold garrison from someone 80k+ above you. The game treats you like a handicapped then - you can't pillage, you get no out of capital resource bonus, you lose a lot of bonuses that will just set you further back.

The game lacks any real catch-up mechanics to prevent huge power discrepancies or give you any incentive to play a server in which you are very behind due to everyone else's real money spending "skills", or simply it being an older server.

If players are doing this without any politics behind it and just doing it for the sake of their nationality, they are harming long-term server population and will quickly be left with no players to bully. The world is huge now, there is enough space for everyone, even on new servers. When that happens they will just get bored and no longer need to spend money on the game. It is a scenario Lilith Games should work to prevent from happening.

Shu
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Hoffman72510 wrote:
Oh look Shu came to disagree again, what a shocker. If the vast majority of players are requesting separate servers then there is no denying that there is a problem. I can’t recall many posts before the release in China where tons of new players flooded the forums searching for a non Chinese ran server where they could compete and enjoy the game without spending money hand over fist. But hey if you don’t mind then I hope you go to the Chinese servers when (hopefully Lilith sees the bigger picture here) regional servers are released.

Oh and the argument that they are strong because they work together is void because they easily outnumber any other region on EVERY server post release, oh and the fact they all feel the need to spend absurd amounts of money on an app game.

Who told you that we can't have more than one opinion in a forum? What a shocker. Again, with this vast majority of players. Since not even 10% of the players in-game are registered here. I actually don't mind which server I merge with but your request is rather childish.

Now with the topic, you're actually being racist yourself by giving me those hopes with Chinese while treating regional servers as your safe-haven. Wait, regional release? I thought AoC is already available throughout the world?

iphit
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Shu wrote:
Hoffman72510 wrote:
Don’t know why Shu feels the need to argue any and all threads but the Chinese/new servers are a serious problem for anyone unwilling to spend a fortune and don’t speak Chinese. It’s more than a translation issue, which by the way is garbage as the words are translated but usually out of dialect, context and order. As I said however that is secondary to the real issue, having fun and being able to compete without spending a fortune.

You should quote me next time so I can reply to you faster. Which post on this topic that made a hint that I want to argue?

I don't speak Chinese and I don't see the language as a problem. You realize that the topic is about a player having a hard time communicating so I told him that the translation is fine enough for people to be able to communicate in-game.

If you all have been complaining about the Chinese players in general and not the language barrier, you guys are just venting out and probably at the wrong topic to begin with.

i quoted the message from the other thread , because you ended up doing the same (like others on this thread)

you should start listening to yourself , the discussion here is starting to shift from the original point sometimes i wonder if people even read, this is about racist/xenophobic behaviour from a country with a certain culture , which goes agains the ToS , i've experienced it on an early server and can only imagine how it's going on newer serviers

chinese being strong spending more money or being united has nothing to do with it.