Re: Melee heroes need a revamp ...

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 am

+1

Behindtheed
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 am

+1. Cut off his and his horses stupid legs if you need to.

ddelucca
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:57 am

+1

It's really stupid how Elena and Avalon use their horse speed to just charge themselves into a very early death.

Bhaphomet
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:17 am

I comment from the devs would be nice at this point ...

I do like the stances, that have been suggested ... this has been implemented in other games also. Might be a cool idea for all troops!

Something has to be done about melee heroes no matter what. Maybe we could collect some more ideas here for hengli.

So, if you have any ideas, put them here, I will compile them in my original post.

I have sent a PM to hengli to direct him to this thread also in case he doesnt find his way here.

Maebius
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:21 am

Sorry to bump this but after an extreeeeeeemely frustrating void session yesterday, this needs more attention.
The upcoming changes according to their patch notes, barely scratch the surface of the problem.
On top of that, with the summoning changes, it will be close to impossible to keep some of them alive (especialy avalon and -I suppose- Elena) as we won't be able to drop summoned troops strategicaly to draw fire.

I mean, if the solution is to put them waaaaaay in the back, and in front of them put massive creatures like turtles and whatnot to block them.... well... is that a solution?

Roughly 9 out of 10 of my void retries are due to melee characters suiciding!

Since raising their HP will probably imbalance things in pvp (and will not help in the void since when they go down, they go in a blaze of glory), the suggestion of being able to set their behavior, seems like the best....

Devs, please.... you need to look this now while you're making these significant* changes.
Thanks!

*increased rufio's passive hp regen talent? The shaprshooters say hi!

Leghion
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 am

+1

virion and avalon are the reason for redoing void in 99% of the time. Summon units is used in void mostly to block the dmg and keep them alive. Avalon is good for 2 or less heroes challenges (because of the extra army spot) but its nearly impossible to keep him alive.
The problem is not only that they die, they also give morale boost to all enemy troops, which is an auto-loss.
With summon being removed they will be super usless, too bad virion is needed for his morale shield.

Emoticon
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Maebius wrote:
Sorry to bump this but after an extreeeeeeemely frustrating void session yesterday, this needs more attention.
The upcoming changes according to their patch notes, barely scratch the surface of the problem.
On top of that, with the summoning changes, it will be close to impossible to keep some of them alive (especialy avalon and -I suppose- Elena) as we won't be able to drop summoned troops strategicaly to draw fire. . .

Worth noting that after this patch Elena becomes a range hero with insane damage that costs 3 energy to deploy...

Separately, I actually have Bane, so sometimes I’ll put Avalon behind him in formation, but for some reason Avalon will usually refuse to be out-tanked and will run past him into the enemy ranged layer, dying instantly.

Colombiadragon
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 pm

I put Avalon, Elena and Virion together and use Avril ice wall to make a circle around them so they can not get out of it to avoid them to get killed xD

Watipah
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:55 am

@Colombiadragon that's exactly how I did it on missins that i didn't wanna open with summons ;)
Since the summon changes it's almost impossible to save melee heroes from dying and moraleboosting the ennemy forces.
Placing all melees close together and summon a bunch of troups in front of them saved them most of the times but now they just die, dunno don't like it.

I think the summon nerfs are very reasonable btw, but melee heroes either should't run to the front all the time (increase melee hitbox) or not get targeted if other troups are around. I don't think increasing their HP would be great. Frontlines are tanky enough in PvP and immortal heroes aren't great either.