Bhaphomet
Knight
Knight

Melee heroes need a revamp ...

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 am

playing with melee heroes is so annoying. their AI is beyond stupid and them being prioritized by enemy units doesnt make it better at all.

I am redoing a LOT of void fights just because of this stupid acting of melee heroes (at least in PVE you have the option to redo them). I dont lose a single unit, but my melee heroes suicde right at the start of battle ...

... you can stack summoned troops before them and still then run right into their deaths, cause they are prioritized by enemy units.

This needs to be changed somehow.

Either they need WAY more HP, (I mean they dont have damage anyway, so being alive wont help you DPS wise at all, but you could maybe at least use their abilities) or they need a good inherent damage mitigation (and no, not everybody buys or has tons of stat cards and maxed them out and even with good stats they die like idiots)

Even a virion with his nice shield is fooked after that shield wears off ... I dont want to start about a tiadrin or elena ... (both should be ranged heroes by the way as avalon should be like was mentioned on a different thread)

Maybe the enemy unit AI could be changed also, so that they dont focus them, if they were targeting something else before.

As it is now, melee heroes are stupid and its very hard to utilize their abilities at all. Most simply dont live long enough to even use an ability.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a collection of possible solutions for this problem suggested by players in this thread:

- different stances that the player can chose for his heroes:
Passive: Stays in the same position attacks anyone within range.
Neutral: Stays behind the army and attack nearby enemies
Aggressive: The current AI

- more HP/mitigation for melee heroes
- enemy troops dont chose heroes as their priority target (if they are targeting something else before a hero comes into range, they stick on the former target and dont switch to the heroes immediatly)
Last edited by Bhaphomet on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mystery
Squire
Squire

Re: Melee heroes need a revamp ...

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 am

Probably you should have a quick look at the total power of your armies on the left. Here's the thing: At the very early game, your hero power is likely the same as troop power but when you come to an endgame, their power is only 10% of the troop one. So keeping heroes alive is absolutely important at this point coz you might want to optimize their passive abilities and almost all heroes (except the Bane) are definitely NOT frontline units anymore. So just keep them safe at the back. If you have some massive units (Ie: The turtle of Rakan race), put them on the frontline and they will BLOCK the hero way to the enemies. Hope this help. :')
Myst
MYsteRy-s72

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Bhaphomet wrote:
playing with melee heroes is so annoying. their AI is beyond stupid and them being prioritized by enemy units doesnt make it better at all.

I am redoing a LOT of void fights just because of this stupid acting of melee heroes (at least in PVE you have the option to redo them). I dont lose a single unit, but my melee heroes suicde right at the start of battle ...

... you can stack summoned troops before them and still then run right into their deaths, cause they are prioritized by enemy units.

This needs to be changed somehow.

Either they need WAY more HP, (I mean they dont have damage anyway, so being alive wont help you DPS wise at all, but you could maybe at least use their abilities) or they need a good inherent damage mitigation (and no, not everybody buys or has tons of stat cards and maxed them out and even with good stats they die like idiots)

Even a virion with his nice shield is fooked after that shield wears off ... I dont want to start about a tiadrin or elena ... (both should be ranged heroes by the way as avalon should be like was mentioned on a different thread)

Maybe the enemy unit AI could be changed also, so that they dont focus them, if they were targeting something else before.

As it is now, melee heroes are stupid and its very hard to utilize their abilities at all. Most simply dont live long enough to even use an ability.

We have the same issue with melee heroes and I'm sure almost everyone in the game has this problem about their AI heroes going suicidal, they are programmed in a simple manner.

Only if they can let us choose their AI behavior per hero:
Passive: Stays in the same position attacks anyone within range.
Neutral: Stays behind the army and attack nearby enemies
Aggressive: The current AI

I'm not sure if it's the best solution, but it could be something rather than buffing heroes with crazy amount of HP.

Emoticon
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Anyone else find the primary use of Rufio’s leap being moving back to the backline on your army? Heroic leap indeed.

But yeah, biggest challenge with the void is arranging it so your heros are trapped in the back.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Emoticon wrote:
Anyone else find the primary use of Rufio’s leap being moving back to the backline on your army?

But yeah, biggest challenge with the void is arranging it so your hero’s are trapped in the back.

Yeah, it's really cute that we have to use the leap for that purpose in PvE.

For Avalon, I use arrows just to delay him a few seconds at the back, it's quite tricky if he has the War Horn buff, increasing the attack speed means movement speed as well in AoC. But no complain to that, just the heroes being suicidal is the issue.

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:35 pm

I think I've spent more time than I can bear redoing void missions because Avalon decided to charge and poke some sharpshooters with his stick.
I really fear for my tablet's health as it's going to inevitably fly out the window... :mrgreen:
Lilith games...think of the chi....errrrr, the tablets!
Some tweaks would be greatly appreciated...!

Colombiadragon
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:17 pm

+1

iphit
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 pm

+1