Nekrinius
Knight
Knight

Stalkers

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 am

Stalkers, have highest gold army cap in the game 30 per squad, perma death and easy to kill, how and why use this troops?
Someone will say they are cheap and can be ressurected, but who will spend 30 gold army cap for Stalkers? With army 30cap you can have 2 gold spiders or 7 gold scorpions or 15 gold mummies...

Why gold skeletons units are the most useless? T.T
Sjań ńdum Nekrin de Nekrinius

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Stalkers

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:09 am

The only good thing about them is the poison and morale decrease on hit. But the morale decrease becomes nothing vs morale immune units. Even Silver Samurai Rakkans have immunity. Which is why Lich players need to rely only on the poison. But since there are tons of healers in-game I doubt it would be that effective.

Nekrinius
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:32 am

Meh, they are so weak, if they use 30godl army cap, they must be stronger. No one will spend gold army cap for weak units when we can do for this army cap 2 gold spiders! This is sad, undead units need real buff or rework...
Sjań ńdum Nekrin de Nekrinius

iphit
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 am

With tons you mean priests , vega and the dragon with useless heal?

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:18 pm

iphit wrote:
With tons you mean priests , vega and the dragon with useless heal?

Rakkan Turtles, Monk Self-heal, Seraph, Scorpion life steal. There's a lot of sustaining heals in-game. Don't try too hard mate.

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Nekrinius wrote:
Stalkers, have highest gold army cap in the game 30 per squad, perma death and easy to kill, how and why use this troops?
Someone will say they are cheap and can be ressurected, but who will spend 30 gold army cap for Stalkers? With army 30cap you can have 2 gold spiders or 7 gold scorpions or 15 gold mummies...

Why gold skeletons units are the most useless? T.T

I agree that gold skeletons need some sort of buff. While Lich are a very strong faction they do not have many options and this makes them more easy to counter. There are a few different ways it could be done without directly buffing the units though - potentially introducing another hero that can summon skelies with an extra support boost to them on top of Gazuls - or a set of items for the Necromancer class that gives buffs to skeletons (not active skills though as those are competing against to many other good options)

Not that i am saying the unit shouldn't be directly buffed - just that there are different ways to make them stronger.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Dragon turtle cost 35 gold supply. Just FYI xD
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Zinek wrote:

True but Dragon turtles are very strong - strong enough that if i had a high level rakken in my house i would probably run one in my main pvp setup even without research buffs.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
Zinek wrote:

True but Dragon turtles are very strong - strong enough that if i had a high level rakken in my house i would probably run one in my main pvp setup even without research buffs.

Oh I totally agree. I was just commenting on how they said stalkers have highest supply cost xD
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Yes. Stalkers aren't in a good state. They're simply not worth it for PvP in any situation, which brings the point that the only viable units for Lich are scorpions and spiders.