9nines
Knight
Knight

Rakan on siege

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Okay is it just me or is rakans having a hard time hitting bases? Ive been maining them since about 4-5 days ago and while smaller bases I can hit with ease it seems the bigger ones just rip me up if its equal power. Ive tried samurai,monks and such but doesnt work on same power with any form of decent guard. Here is a example of it in action.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lXke9JaS_Y
Can you guys tell me what I did wrong or suggestions to improve?

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Re: Rakan on siege

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm by no means a Rakan expert, but as you can see, you're fighting with 9 units against... plenty. Humans on siege usually bring from 12-13 packs of troops, you're on a heavy disadvantage there even if it may seems small. Besides that, even if you could break the frontline, there's absolutely no way that you would kill those wall troops because you took too much time on the frontline and don't have any siege weapons. Lich isn't the best siege race because they can't kill fast the frontline and open the field for siege weapons, human is better because they moral boost and can rush fast to the wall, killing all troops on the frontline, dwarves can do it even faster with blasters and even more if they're against 24 unit packs. As you can see, you have the tools to do it, but your formation is doing bad against a weak wall, which shouldn't happen.

Now, what would I do? I don't know, I never played Rakan. But you should start placing the siege weapons on the backline before placing the units on middle/frontline. Good luck.

9nines
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Hiems wrote:
I'm by no means a Rakan expert, but as you can see, you're fighting with 9 units against... plenty. Humans on siege usually bring from 12-13 packs of troops, you're on a heavy disadvantage there even if it may seems small. Besides that, even if you could break the frontline, there's absolutely no way that you would kill those wall troops because you took too much time on the frontline and don't have any siege weapons. Lich isn't the best siege race because they can't kill fast the frontline and open the field for siege weapons, human is better because they moral boost and can rush fast to the wall, killing all troops on the frontline, dwarves can do it even faster with blasters and even more if they're against 24 unit packs. As you can see, you have the tools to do it, but your formation is doing bad against a weak wall, which shouldn't happen.

Now, what would I do? I don't know, I never played Rakan. But you should start placing the siege weapons on the backline before placing the units on middle/frontline. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice :D Its just hard with rakans to field a full 12-13 as their formations are so weird vs other races,Im just suprised 35k hp turtles melted to non spearmen so fast. Normally what I try to do is wipe the main ground guard out,using my turtles to tank the wall then come back in with siege and open it up as my second formation includes 4-5 catapults.To field a 11 squad even means you have no turtles to heal or tank and pretty much no seige support either.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:08 pm

9nines wrote:
Hiems wrote:

Thanks for the advice :D Its just hard with rakans to field a full 12-13 as their formations are so weird vs other races,Im just suprised 35k hp turtles melted to non spearmen so fast. Normally what I try to do is wipe the main ground guard out,using my turtles to tank the wall then come back in with siege and open it up as my second formation includes 4-5 catapults.To field a 11 squad even means you have no turtles to heal or tank and pretty much no seige support either.

I said to a friend that I would do a Rakan run but now that new servers aren't as good as they was before, I don't plan on moving anymore so no Rakan for me. I can do it on older servers but most castles have no troops or are already too strong for me since I stopped playing there, the last one that I could do a precise test is the one that I play now, but would slow me down too much. I will try to do some formations on old server and give you a feedback this week if you don't find anything, will take a while but I guess it's better than nothing.

What you do might works, but you need to think about your loses and that you're not going to be able to farm a castle without losing more than what you get, unless it's under your lvl. You could borrow some units from your house too, that could help you a little bit until you find a good formation.

9nines
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Thanks so much for the feedback :D I am still about a week and half new to the game so always willing to learn. Im using that setup with 3 catapults now in center,4 turtles up front and 2 crossbows on back sides on lower castles to practice till i upgrade to gold crossbows and silver turtles. the difference in turtle hp even without max upgrades for lv4 is still silver siting at 1.5xs the hp and gold crossbows at almost double the dmg.

9nines
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:09 am

Hiems I was defending the realm today and as a 80k I fought a 91k lich.... heres how it turned out,i would of had him if i had the stones to craft that extra 5 seconds for summon item. https://youtu.be/osNOwT2TQNw

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:24 am

9nines wrote:
Hiems I was defending the realm today and as a 80k I fought a 91k lich.... heres how it turned out,i would of had him if i had the stones to craft that extra 5 seconds for summon item. https://youtu.be/osNOwT2TQNw

Glad to see those turtle frontlines hold for a good amount of time.

9nines
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Yep, it was a closer tie in power plus im close to maxing out lv4 hp buff. I dunno how anyone would use a gold turtle wall(i hear they have 200k hp maxed..possibly guard) but silvers atm have 40k so those plus a full back line of gold archers may work for me. most of those turtles was bronze.

Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Rakan’s Biggest disadvantage is their army schematic is just plain ugly and difficult to field the right amount of troops to be effective, and while turtles do soak up a decent amount of damage they aren’t dealing nearly as much as a pack of monks or even samurai. To counter this I started using more ninjas to fill in the blanks and I cut down to a single turtle. Most players I see use several but the loss of damage is HUGE, and especially during a siege you need to put out damage as fast as possible. I’ll try to take some snapshots and post them here if I have time today.

9nines
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Hoffman72510 wrote:
Rakan’s Biggest disadvantage is their army schematic is just plain ugly and difficult to field the right amount of troops to be effective, and while turtles do soak up a decent amount of damage they aren’t dealing nearly as much as a pack of monks or even samurai. To counter this I started using more ninjas to fill in the blanks and I cut down to a single turtle. Most players I see use several but the loss of damage is HUGE, and especially during a siege you need to put out damage as fast as possible. I’ll try to take some snapshots and post them here if I have time today.

See if seige,i just rely on my turtles to soak,once the wall is unmanned then i throw all my archers in the formation and go to town..