Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Re: Server merges are coming!!!!!

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Ya if this is all there is to it then it's quite disappointing... reseting the map and throwing a bunch of server together is an afternoon coffee break kind of solution and not something it took them weeks/months to actually think about. All they now have to do is nerf Jacques and theres basically no more cheese way to break a full golden garrison and none of the higher players will ever be attacked again, add to that the new 100 district cities and once you controll a giant city you will probably never lose it... hurray for endgame stalemates!
But maybe that's just some setup for some bigger dragontooth like server thingy.

On a sidenote they made an extra update to how king works on the test server. All you need now is 1 city instead of 10, and there will be more advisor positions but you have to unlock them by your kingdom having a certain amount of cities. Cities also get an increase to 100 spots instead of 45 which I'm pretty sure is due to server merges (bonus tiles stay the same all the extra ones are just normal ones).

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:35 pm

ChipHarold wrote:
Am I missing something? Why would anyone voluntarily do this if they already control the server?

This is their big payoff. They think they got all this farm and now gonna dominate when the merger comes. I hear some have been grinding hard on their PvE servers for awhile now... Let hope for some descent balancing by the devs.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:43 pm

ChipHarold wrote:
Am I missing something? Why would anyone voluntarily do this if they already control the server?

Because controlling everything in a fighting game is boring.

J8512
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:01 pm

ChipHarold wrote:

Yes... Realm 64, We control the whole map except 2-4 cities. and almost everyone is waiting for the merge. It is just too boring only doing farming and defending 1-5 low power users in the entire realm.

weedwarrior32
Squire
Squire

Server Merge Important Questions to volunteer.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Hengli. (Or any admin) A few questions we all need to have answered at server 32 to volunteer. I'm sure for most everyone else as well.
1. If we volunteer on this experimental merge, do we miss out on the opportunity to have a better, planned merge later? I.E. if dragontooth or server block competitions or something better becomes a reality, do we miss out on the opportunity to do this because we did the first experimental merge? This is an important discussion we're having now.

2. If many different servers volunteer, do the servers separated by great time frames get compensated? For example, if my server (32) is merged with 17 and 18, do we get significant research & building time boosts and resources to compensate for our extreme differences. Or on this volunteer basis will this kind of compensation not be a reality?

3. If compensation is out of the question, can we "volunteer", but see who else is volunteering and pull our server out of the running if say server 18 God decides to enter, or another server with many players level 38-40 enters?
Last edited by weedwarrior32 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weedwarrior32
Squire
Squire

Re: Server Merge Important Questions to volunteer.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:02 pm

weedwarrior32 wrote:
Hengli. (Or any admin) A few questions we all need to have answered at server 32 to volunteer. I'm sure for most everyone else as well.
1. If we volunteer on this experimental merge, do we miss out on the opportunity to have a better, planned merge later? I.E. if dragontooth or server block competitions or something better becomes a reality, do we miss out on the opportunity to do this because we did the first experimental merge? This is an important discussion we're having now.

2. If many different servers volunteer, do the servers separated by great time frames get compensated? For example, if my server (32) is merged with 17 and 18, do we get significant research & building time boosts and resources to compensate for our extreme differences. Or on this volunteer basis will this kind of compensation not be a reality?

3. If compensation is out of the question, can we "volunteer", but see who else is volunteering and pull our server out of the running if say server 18 God decides to enter, or another server with many players level 38-40 enters?

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Re: Server Merge Important Questions to volunteer.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:59 am

weedwarrior32 wrote:

Hi,

1 - At the moment the merge will work as announced. This "Dragontooth" thing was created by players, it is an interesting idea but it didn't come from us so I'm sorry to disappoint you. We don't have other merge plans right now so it's really hard to answer your question.
2 - We will merge servers that are close to each other regarding server opening time.
3 - I am not aware of compensation for now, and what you asked is not possible to be done, sorry.

Strappedcorn
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:16 am

Do we merge as a whole server to one color then or how does that work? I’m assuming most servers want to merge together and it is hard to get all colors to one color for a merge process.

weedwarrior32
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 am

Thank you very much Hengli for the quick reply and answering my questions. Your the best!

weedwarrior32
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:23 am

Strappedcorn wrote:
Do we merge as a whole server to one color then or how does that work? I’m assuming most servers want to merge together and it is hard to get all colors to one color for a merge process.

I'd imagine it won't be too big an issue as long as you let your server members who want to be on your team to know what color to join. There will always be mix ups and luckily so early in the game migration will be very easily achieved first day or 2 to sort that out