Lod
Squire
Squire
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:10 am

1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:20 am

I used to play in an old server which recently we tried to play in a new server 1090. I understood when selecting the kingdom, there is a remark saying English speaking kingdom. But on 1090, the whole server is full of chinese house and chinese speaking everywhere.

No offence, am not against that but am talking in terms of having an enjoyable game experience for everyone and to balance strictly out on the population as well. Before each server keep dying and keep creating and keep merging. What is the point of that ?

The whole kingdom chat, server chat is full of Chinese wording which i see people being racist, talking about politics, calling the english with ugly names and etc.
Again, am not against that, but could we set the objective correctly or well standardize a neutral chatting. Or making sure that a particular kingdom is only for chinese and english speaking.

On regards to power or number of user, i guess this could be done in a better way instead of 1 kingdom being flooded with people.

well my 2 cents. Hopping you guys look into it. I believe in whatever services out there, end user experience should be something to be looking at. Or well maybe you could login to the server and have a look.
 
User avatar
Fawksito
Baron
Baron
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Im starting today on 1094 with some Latin American friends, and i will report every single toxic player i encounter. They need understand that this is a game that everyone should enjoy, and the difference in language should not be a reason to make someone experience bad.
BOOM
 
Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:25 pm

Fawksito wrote:
Im starting today on 1094 with some Latin American friends, and i will report every single toxic player i encounter. They need understand that this is a game that everyone should enjoy, and the difference in language should not be a reason to make someone experience bad.


The problem isn’t just their toxicity but also their self segregation and their cultures outlook on spending money in the game. Most pre Chinese servers have 1 or 2 annoying whales but the Chinese have entire guilds. The issue as I see it will eventually cause the majority of non Chinese to quit once their pre 1001 servers die because Lilith is Chinese based and I have a sneaking suspicion they will never add in regional servers, the only real answer to the problem.
 
User avatar
Zinek
Baron
Baron
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Well as an experiment I gathered as many English players as I could for 1071. And we did very well! It only went to shit the last few days when yellow had a breakdown in its own kingdom and 3/4 of yellow joined orange and the remaining 1/4 joined us in green. The Chinese target is just because we are English. There are so many easy Chinese targets in the dead remains of athaly skarn and Neferak yet they only have been attacking us in green. It is a challenge and I enjoy it but I’m getting tired of the infinite hordes of bronze mechs and jacques attacks. 99% of the server is dwarf. 0.7% human 0.2% lich and 0.1% rakkan where 99% of the rakkan are in my house. It’s funny I have had many Chinese join my English house just to come in and ask for turtles for void and they stayed because of our welcoming and warm environment.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293
 
Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 am

Zinek wrote:
Well as an experiment I gathered as many English players as I could for 1071. And we did very well! It only went to shit the last few days when yellow had a breakdown in its own kingdom and 3/4 of yellow joined orange and the remaining 1/4 joined us in green. The Chinese target is just because we are English. There are so many easy Chinese targets in the dead remains of athaly skarn and Neferak yet they only have been attacking us in green. It is a challenge and I enjoy it but I’m getting tired of the infinite hordes of bronze mechs and jacques attacks. 99% of the server is dwarf. 0.7% human 0.2% lich and 0.1% rakkan where 99% of the rakkan are in my house. It’s funny I have had many Chinese join my English house just to come in and ask for turtles for void and they stayed because of our welcoming and warm environment.


That’s cool you made it work, well in a way anyway lol. Still, could you imagine a new player joining any new server that isn’t Chinese? You’d have to get lucky with a trifecta of a pre-made English guild, multiple recruits once the guild is established and most importantly you need to hope the Chinese on the server aren’t INSANE spenders, only your average whales.

Once a few players reach 300k+ higher than the rest of the server it’s pretty much all over.
 
Aegon
Knight
Knight
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:05 am

Is not only on 1090, on all the same, we have practically that situation that zinek in 1060 , but anyway is hard, chines don't like us in Neferak we are 30 mln power in 2 houses of "strangers" and we have 2/18 adwisors position.( Sure we can win election, they are more). The game experience is really bad.
We just surviving.
I want to make something like masive join on one server, need ~ 100 - 200. Experienced players + ~ 500 good players:) to win china. What you think?
 
User avatar
Provectus
Knight
Knight
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:32 am

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:00 am

My first server (66) was a massive learning curve, as it is for most - I was there for roughly 2 months before it broke down and loads went inactive. I rerolled on 114, taking a tonne of lessons with me and have done really well, but again the server has died off - So a load of us have tried the latest server (1094) and I've encountered a problem that I'm unable to get around and has killed the game for me - I can't reproduce 90% of the names that are ingame, as such it's very difficult to differentiate between players (friend or foe, strong or weak etc) and to call for people to attack certain targets. I'm not willing to learn Chinese for a game and as such I think my time with AoC is done. I've enjoyed it here, the game has progressed massively and I was happy paying my £5/month fee and every 2 months starting over with £10-20 of purchases each time, but this is a step too far.

If we get some English servers (that are actually just for English speaking people, or at the very least their names), I'd happily give it another pop. But I doubt that'll happen, so if anyone knows any other good mobile games knocking about, let me know.
 
Aegon
Knight
Knight
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:37 am

Provectus wrote:
My first server (66) was a massive learning curve, as it is for most - I was there for roughly 2 months before it broke down and loads went inactive. I rerolled on 114, taking a tonne of lessons with me and have done really well, but again the server has died off - So a load of us have tried the latest server (1094) and I've encountered a problem that I'm unable to get around and has killed the game for me - I can't reproduce 90% of the names that are ingame, as such it's very difficult to differentiate between players (friend or foe, strong or weak etc) and to call for people to attack certain targets. I'm not willing to learn Chinese for a game and as such I think my time with AoC is done. I've enjoyed it here, the game has progressed massively and I was happy paying my £5/month fee and every 2 months starting over with £10-20 of purchases each time, but this is a step too far.

If we get some English servers (that are actually just for English speaking people, or at the very least their names), I'd happily give it another pop. But I doubt that'll happen, so if anyone knows any other good mobile games knocking about, let me know.

I agree with all. We trying to find people for a big English house that will be in ~1.5- 2 months, is not the same to play only with English but is max we can get now, if you want find a topic "new English speaking house in a future server" on houses forum and join discord chat, call all who want.
 
Lod
Squire
Squire
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:10 am

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:55 am

So does the GM or developer have anything for us to improve this ?
 
Aegon
Knight
Knight
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Nope.
They don't want this...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests