Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron

Re: 1090 Game User Experience, ENG/CHI Power User

Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:04 am

I can’t even read half of the messages the game puts out so I doubt they are worried about the inability to read player names.

Saikoro
Knight
Knight

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:51 am

this is true... the game is so great for me... my only downside is the community... i log in everyday without ever understanding what they say in all chat windows... and yes can't tell which name and guild is which haha...

Fliptality
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm on 1066 (Neferak) and 97% of the players are chinese. Luckily my house leader is very nice and talks english in direct chat, but the rest of the guild replies to my english messages in chinese...

I've seen a few english speaking players on the Skarn side, unfortunately I cant go over there since its the strongest kingdom... Fck this

DeLoungville
Knight
Knight

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:13 am

Provectus wrote:
My first server (66) was a massive learning curve, as it is for most - I was there for roughly 2 months before it broke down and loads went inactive. I rerolled on 114, taking a tonne of lessons with me and have done really well, but again the server has died off - So a load of us have tried the latest server (1094) and I've encountered a problem that I'm unable to get around and has killed the game for me - I can't reproduce 90% of the names that are ingame, as such it's very difficult to differentiate between players (friend or foe, strong or weak etc) and to call for people to attack certain targets. I'm not willing to learn Chinese for a game and as such I think my time with AoC is done. I've enjoyed it here, the game has progressed massively and I was happy paying my £5/month fee and every 2 months starting over with £10-20 of purchases each time, but this is a step too far.

If we get some English servers (that are actually just for English speaking people, or at the very least their names), I'd happily give it another pop. But I doubt that'll happen, so if anyone knows any other good mobile games knocking about, let me know.

Pretty good post. I'm happy for Lilith that their game is such a huge success in China, but in the future we need english speaking servers popping up as well. The chinese crowd is too big in comparison to the other population, and it's a lot more important than before with this king system.