• 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 13
 
DeLoungville
Knight
Knight
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:16 pm

I don't know, the game is in a weird state. With the garrison upgrades from the new academy defenses are so unbreakable that you can only get through by constantly bronze jacqueing it. So Jacques needs a serious nerf, he's bad for the game, bad for dueling, bad that you can break defense with bronze and jacques. On the other hand the garrison upgrades need to be adressed as well, it's just becoming unbreakable if you don't cheat with jacques.
 
User avatar
Zinek
Baron
Baron
Posts: 421
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:43 pm

PrinceCharming wrote:
The best reply of the enemy fist is your fist back into his face :)
Or you will negotiate with someone who hits you?
"This is a war “game” which means there would be a counter to everything" - this is your understanding of the game play. Who said that? :)
Why should we have a counter to everything?
There can be another.
There can exist a certain weapon that will be stronger than anything else, and you will spend all of your resources just to outfight it :)


In life if I punch you and you are physically weak so you make a sword to counter my fists. I then make a shield to counter your sword. You then make an axe to counter my shield I then make a bow to counter your axe and so on.

In the if you buy a sword and all I have is my fists with no way of making a shield then the game is broken. The end.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293
 
Chiisana
Squire
Squire
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:40 am

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Zinek wrote:
In life if I punch you and you are physically weak so you make a sword to counter my fists. I then make a shield to counter your sword. You then make an axe to counter my shield I then make a bow to counter your axe and so on.

In the if you buy a sword and all I have is my fists with no way of making a shield then the game is broken. The end.


Simple, if fists/swords/shields/axes/bows (all the heroes) don't work, buy a gun (Jacques).

The (real) end.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Leghion
Knight
Knight
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 am

Jacques + bronze turtles = infinite level of development retardness.
Dead turtles block the whole map and jacques as the ONLY hero/unit with infinite range cant be killed until he runs out of ammo which means when everything is killed

Lilith lol. Just lol.
 
ddelucca
Baron
Baron
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 am

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:22 am

DeLoungville wrote:
I don't know, the game is in a weird state. With the garrison upgrades from the new academy defenses are so unbreakable that you can only get through by constantly bronze jacqueing it. So Jacques needs a serious nerf, he's bad for the game, bad for dueling, bad that you can break defense with bronze and jacques. On the other hand the garrison upgrades need to be adressed as well, it's just becoming unbreakable if you don't cheat with jacques.


You know the irony of it? They probably implemented the garrison upgrades because of bronze Jacques, so it just made the garrisons even more unkillable if you're not bronze Jacquing. They're making so many changes that aren't needed to the game simply because they refuse to nerf the root of the issues - Jacques itself.
Last edited by ddelucca on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
Saikoro
Knight
Knight
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:37 am

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:23 am

wow... this has been dragged too long... but to answer the question...

Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques?

Money...

Jacques generated them so much income especially with the china release... we have to understand that Lilith is a not a charity company LOLz...so obviously we cant take that away from them... but we have to give them a chance... the game is fairly new... definitely lots of patches and changes will still happen...
 
DeLoungville
Knight
Knight
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:20 am

Saikoro wrote:
wow... this has been dragged too long... but to answer the question...

Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques?

Money...

Jacques generated them so much income especially with the china release... we have to understand that Lilith is a not a charity company LOLz...so obviously we cant take that away from them... but we have to give them a chance... the game is fairly new... definitely lots of patches and changes will still happen...


I said this in a post before, I don't think Jacques is generating money for them. If all you need is bronze and Jacques and never use a real army except for plundering defenseless walls, then you just spend money on Jacques. There are a lot of those people out there on the servers I play. I think Jacques + bronze is so good that it makes them less money, because people lose less units.
 
Bombplayer2Jr
Squire
Squire
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:47 am

Chiisana wrote:
Zinek wrote:
In life if I punch you and you are physically weak so you make a sword to counter my fists. I then make a shield to counter your sword. You then make an axe to counter my shield I then make a bow to counter your axe and so on.

In the if you buy a sword and all I have is my fists with no way of making a shield then the game is broken. The end.


Simple, if fists/swords/shields/axes/bows (all the heroes) don't work, buy a gun (Jacques).

The (real) end.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


You are so good at debating and speaks so much truth. Prince and Iphit just keeps looping the argument, always regurgitating back to false premise without even addressing your point. They even constructed terrible false equivalence with Vega. Jacques' unbalanced nature is indefensible, and you articulate our frustrations towards him very well. IMO you should start another thread and systematically list out all the problems of Jacques and address any counter people have against nerfing Jacques.
 
User avatar
PrinceCharming
Knight
Knight
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:28 am

The most common reason of people complaining about Jacques is:
They don't have Jacques themselves.

There are some people who have Jacques, and they complain of him too, because their game play started to be boring. No more silver-gold duels, and nobody loses to their garrison tons of valuable units, giving a lot of honor back to a defender.

You have to look at yourself and see how egoistic it looks.
1. You want to remove a hero while not even having him yourself. While not spent time, money (real cash), resources on it.
2. You want to remove a hero simply because you are bored.

Of course, every person is the center in the Universe, and everything goes only AROUND YOU.
And nobody gives any damn about other people's time, money, and their goals.

Shall I open your eyes and say that there are plenty of:
1. People who like Jacques the way it is;
2. People who are not bored, they have fun and have plenty of things and plans to do in this game.

Of course, you don't have to pay attention on these people, because they are just dust under your legs.
Their desires, thoughts, opinions mean completely nothing for you, because you always have your own opinion, which is the only truth in this or another World.

I am sorry I forgot about all the above. And I am sorry if I gave someone a feeling that he is not this Center of the World, it was a huge mistake of mine.
So I will have to make this as the last post in this thread, thanks for sharing :)
Last edited by PrinceCharming on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
Maebius
Knight
Knight
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:18 am

The problem is not just jacques, it's the loooooooooong hospital times and build queue.
Noone wants to risk his golds, even if they got tons of resources knowing that if something goes bad, it can set you back a fricking WEEK in training and healing.
Also, simultaneous bronze suicide attacks on strongholds that lure the good troops out while the rest of the team cheezes the lesser troops need to go.
Only one attack at a time on a garrison, just like vs players.

At lvl 10troops i am beginning to see that jacques' effectiveness is starting to diminish.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 13

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests