• 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 13
 
User avatar
PrinceCharming
Knight
Knight
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:47 am

Just to sum up all the said above,
Jacques is NOT overpowered for equal or higher level fights. He is fine.
However for those who are under-leveled, sitting poor with Castle level 20 and screaming about Jacques destroying their gold defenses, I would say...
Please guys :) Take your time. Go build your castle and a better defense.
Get your own Jacques if you want to fight PVP with other players and win.
Work hard on him to make him strong, as others do.
Upgrade your barracks and level your armies up, build a good layout that can shield you long enough from Jacques bullets, because when he is out of ammo, he loses 90% of his potential power.
Choose right heroes to fight against him, because if you just put "this" and "that" hero without any sense - you will lose even against no-Jacques enemy.
Whiners SHOULD LEARN first.
P.S. I am playing AOC 2 months, but got Jacques only 2 weeks ago, so I went all the road with my own efforts and all other heroes except Jacques.
As you see, you can start and go without him (SURPRISE!) for a long time in the beginning, but later game requires this very hero to stay competitive.
 
Bobby
Knight
Knight
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 am

If a hero is a must have to stay competitive it means its not balanced its just funny how you try to defend jaq so hard yet you yourself keep mentioning how op he is lol.
 
User avatar
PrinceCharming
Knight
Knight
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:17 am

Bobby wrote:
If a hero is a must have to stay competitive it means its not balanced

Sorry, who said that? please provide the source of this statement, or is this just from your mind, how you understand it?))
I am wondering where all of you guys get this VERY TRUTHFUL and the ONLY ACCEPTABLE information from :)
One says that there should be balance in all (there should NOT be balance in all, because this. is. impossible. to balance. all things. in a strategy game). Or shall the developers make all the same heroes that use the same skills with the same damage and duration?

Another says that lots of potions are the reason of Jacques is overpowered (HAHAHAHAHAHAH no comments on that);
And lol of a lot other sentences randomly coming out of each head;

Now you say that the weapon that is the most powerful in the early game makes it unbalanced :)
Why can't you just relax and either get the same, or be steamrolled every time in PVP/Siege?
 
Chiisana
Squire
Squire
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:40 am

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:45 am

Prince, did I tell you about that time I robbed Tyr's cart in our ground and he rocked with bronze footmen as a Dwarf with this totally balanced Jacques hero against my full army? Go into the game and look at his just leveled up castle; his power and the fact he used bronze fodder to fight me. T9 bronze footmen vs Gold horses, gold archers, silver footmen and spears and a few silver archers, all t9/10. Imagine how one sided that would've been if he used his actual army. It's the fact how much damage is reduced once his units get the morale boost, which Jacques unwillingly will give to his units because he destroys ranged.

End result: 2 days of hospital time, about 60 honor. Oh if it makes you feel better, I did win that fight. So Jacques is totally fine.

I've repeated myself constantly, but it seems you're all reading the same way.

Pots is not the reason why he is OP, it's one of the many.

You seem to misunderstand the concept of "balance" in a game, balance doesn't mean that everything should be equally strong, but it should at least be on the same level. I said it before; Jacques right now is a God compared to every single unit right now, tune him down to a King and there'll be balance. After all, he does cost 3 energy and I already said it'd be fair if he is stronger than others, just not to that extend.

But you're only thinking about how I'm blabbing around like a chicken without a head, so why am I even writing all of this? If you truly think I'm wrong in the least, I'm done with this topic and sincerely hope he gets nerfed to the ground where he's not favorable at all anymore, instead of reasoning and find a solution for him to be strong, but not overpowered.

Take care, have fun and give that fuzzy mech a cuddle for me ^^
 
QntaQinta
Knight
Knight
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:47 am

I played Jacques from early stage of the server and I steamrolled opponents as lich. Now I'm level 30 castle and Jacques is no longer this awesome. This is why:
1. Early Jaq gets all the love and attention so he is significantly better geared and leveled than other heroes. Later in game you can't do it due to stat cap.
2. Later in game you fight with players who know how to play. Yes... It matters.
3. There are new items allowing for different strategies where jaq doesn't have time to shine. For example morale boost rush.
4. Leveling jaq is a nightmare.

Don't cry guys. Later in game things will change.
 
User avatar
PrinceCharming
Knight
Knight
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Chiisana, I referred my post to all of the words, not just yours :) don't take it personal.
But...
So hold on a minute... :)
As I understood, you...met a guy who has a decent Jacques in his army (and you don't) without knowing it, and on your own ground you, of course, wanted to show all of your power against his bronze troops (nobody in his mind will risk silver and especially gold units for just a cart), and gave all of your might against him?
1 of all, almost nobody will accept your duel on your own ground without having Jacques.
2 - how do you call it a balance, if you attack a guy, and put all of your silver\gold might against pre-known bronze army which is a priori much weaker?

I mean, at the same moment when he accepted your attack, you should have already figured out at least NOT to use gold units in this duel.
Secondly, if you don't have Jacques, or just don't want to use him (or can't, whatever), I would recommend you to hold your PVE thirst.
Plus, I know exactly how strong this guy's Jacques is, and I am the rare representative to win his bronze amy + Jacques with my own bronze army + Jacques.
This is a free lesson from me to you, no thanks needed.
P.S. Dwarfs are steamrolling Humans like nothing.
 
Leghion
Knight
Knight
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 pm

QntaQinta wrote:
I played Jacques from early stage of the server and I steamrolled opponents as lich. Now I'm level 30 castle and Jacques is no longer this awesome. This is why:
1. Early Jaq gets all the love and attention so he is significantly better geared and leveled than other heroes. Later in game you can't do it due to stat cap.
2. Later in game you fight with players who know how to play. Yes... It matters.
3. There are new items allowing for different strategies where jaq doesn't have time to shine. For example morale boost rush.
4. Leveling jaq is a nightmare.

Don't cry guys. Later in game things will change.


Lol stopped reading at 2.
Game starting - Jacques firestorm with unlimited range your backline out if range of EVERY UNIT AND HERO INGAME - you are fked before it even started. Now tell me how players who know how to play deal with it? :)
 
DeLoungville
Knight
Knight
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Well Lilith Games, on the servers I play real dueling stopped completely. It's only bronze jacqueing, and the people who send real units are the idiots and get laughed at.
It also makes you guys less money in the end, because if all you need is bronze and jacques, people will spend less money.
 
Fliptality
Squire
Squire
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:06 pm

PrinceCharming wrote:
Jacques is NOT overpowered for equal or higher level fights. He is fine.

....

As you see, you can start and go without him (SURPRISE!) for a long time in the beginning, but later game requires this very hero to stay competitive.


this made me laugh so hard. A hell of a text wall just to blow it all out of the water with that last sentence. golden.

So this very hero is required to stay competitive in late. in late we are (sooner or later) equal. but you say he is not overpowered in equal level fights.
:lol:
 
Bobby
Knight
Knight
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: Whats the real reason lilith is so against nerfing jacques

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Fliptality wrote:
PrinceCharming wrote:
Jacques is NOT overpowered for equal or higher level fights. He is fine.

....

As you see, you can start and go without him (SURPRISE!) for a long time in the beginning, but later game requires this very hero to stay competitive.


this made me laugh so hard. A hell of a text wall just to blow it all out of the water with that last sentence. golden.

So this very hero is required to stay competitive in late. in late we are (sooner or later) equal. but you say he is not overpowered in equal level fights.
:lol:

I keep telling him the same thing but he ends up comming up with some wall of text avoiding the question lol
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 13

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests