mag1C
Squire
Squire

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:29 am

Art of Conquest is a game of allegiances, strategic planning and planning ahead. Recommending alliances and forming alliances with other servers is something which shows an interest of ours in the game. I believe the recommendation i made above is the recommendation we make to people on the same server as well which is dunwulf and skarn working together for example. Preparing for the merge and asking people to form allegiances is not a bad thing on the contrary it creates interest in the game and keeps people playing.
mag1C House: No Way Skarn Server 33

Tutorials, Hall of Fame Plunders and much more on our YouTube Chanel Below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCswjt8WnzYtDjSKvwVIvtdA

RACASGR
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:35 am

Bhaphomet your ideas sound very good on the balance issue.

mag1C
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:59 pm

I believe my initiative to form a power house coalition from servers 17-32 and is nothing merely but diplomacy and our offer still stands for everyone. Also this form of diplomacy should be available between houses throughout the kingdom. There should be a button in the house details which says: Allies with etc. At peace with, At war with. Our offer for a power house is as shown below:

Hello. We are pleased to announce that we have 10 servers who will join us in one house when the server merge will live on the game. There are 3 Skarn, 2 neferak, 2 Athaly, 1 Hyral and 1 Icarum who have agreed to merge into one house. As most of our allies are in Skarn we will be moving in Skarn. We have already created a SERVER MERGE house and will quickly level to accommodate all servers 17 to 33 merging to our house and who have agreed to this union. We will have equality and rotation of king and advisors in our kingdom to the best of our abilities and we have gathered the top 3 players and houses from each of the servers who have agreed to join us. More specifically the people joining us are 1 player over 4.2Million, 4 players over 1.2 Million, 16 players over 900K and approximately over 350 players under 800K. Could you please be so kind to inform all members to be ready for the server merge and to forward the following video which shows how to migrate to Skarn and join our power house “SERVER MERGE” which is ready to accommodate all our allies from 17 to 33 named above. The video below shows instructions on how to join the united house of all servers when the server merge goes live.
h t t p s://youtu.be/NZLyPOVjsq4 (please remove the space between h t t p s)

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 pm

The cross realm migration idea is actually terrible. That would mean that mega-whales could hop from realm to realm destroying everything.

Bombplayer2Jr
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:27 pm

mag1C wrote:
I believe my initiative to form a power house coalition from servers 17-32 and is nothing merely but diplomacy and our offer still stands for everyone. Also this form of diplomacy should be available between houses throughout the kingdom. There should be a button in the house details which says: Allies with etc. At peace with, At war with. Our offer for a power house is as shown below:

Hello. We are pleased to announce that we have 10 servers who will join us in one house when the server merge will live on the game. There are 3 Skarn, 2 neferak, 2 Athaly, 1 Hyral and 1 Icarum who have agreed to merge into one house. As most of our allies are in Skarn we will be moving in Skarn. We have already created a SERVER MERGE house and will quickly level to accommodate all servers 17 to 33 merging to our house and who have agreed to this union. We will have equality and rotation of king and advisors in our kingdom to the best of our abilities and we have gathered the top 3 players and houses from each of the servers who have agreed to join us. More specifically the people joining us are 1 player over 4.2Million, 4 players over 1.2 Million, 16 players over 900K and approximately over 350 players under 800K. Could you please be so kind to inform all members to be ready for the server merge and to forward the following video which shows how to migrate to Skarn and join our power house “SERVER MERGE” which is ready to accommodate all our allies from 17 to 33 named above. The video below shows instructions on how to join the united house of all servers when the server merge goes live.
h t t p s://youtu.be/NZLyPOVjsq4 (please remove the space between h t t p s)

Essentially you are monopolising the realm with your connections and power. There should be little to no attempt for players to consolidate large amount of high power players into a single kingdom. Let players choose their own Kingdom, not allured or coerced by promise of roles/ranks or threats. Making a super Kingdom will only lead to unfair competition where a Kingdom dominate the realm, eventually ending up as farmville. Please don't screw up the merger with your terrible plot.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Ya literally none of the people he has on his list actually matter outside of the be-all-end-all 4.2 million power whale. at 17.000 power per 24 stack of golds it's about 174 stacks of gold for 3 million power~ give or take whatever he has from garrison and silver and what not.

So we are talking about a guy with an arsenal of 4.176~ GOLD units and with elena + vega + bishop, if he fields lets say 11 stacks he loses about 44 units per attack with the rest being injured. With unlimited money you can easily just keep buying chests for more golds and linari to troop rush injured units. There is no garrison that can hold this, there is no counter play to unlimited money and there is no way to stop him.

Even if everyone gets together and sends him back to the capital, why the hell would he even care lol he can still run around the map and kick everyone he wants with infinite attacks. Best case hes just some addict whos going to overspend and run out of money and can't buy food anymore so he has to quit the game.

mag1C
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:07 pm

I think the real matters at hand is the reason why the servers have reached the point where one kingdom has conquered the whole server and what has been done to address this. There is a game called Planetside where the map resets and when an empire has less territory it gives the losing kingdom a winning chance by giving them a +60% resources, attack, triple healing of troops, bonus health etc when they have less territory. If they really have no territory even 100%. The ideas baphomet posted are also good alternatives. Developers have to address issue of imbalance and “whales” as you call them.

Apart from that there are basic things to cover to:
A) fix caravans non pillagable
B) introduce feature where your not allowed to attack players who have 15 cattle levels or more than you
C) Allow players prior to enter a battle to chose if they want to commit bronze, silver or gold troops and if one players chooses bronze and the other chooses gold, the player who was willing to commit the gold wins the battle thus reducing the disruption in gameplay when Players commit only bronze troops.
D) Introduce a survey to what makes players quit. I find the surveys Lilith uses in game as pretty useless.
E) Faster implementation of updates
F) Wonna make money to hire more developers to do the above? Introduce unique skins for heroes, exclusive mounts and faster mounts.

I think there are really basic things that have not been fixed for a while now and i feel developers do not listen to active players. I mean there are so many games out there that Lilith can use as an example to improve a lot of things. Hopefully they will listen as we all love this game.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm

It's easy to figure out the real reason why servers reach a point where 1 kingdom conquers everything.

LATE GAME PVP IS GOD DAMN HORRIBLE

Theres no value in fighting duels, theres no value in attacking players at your or higher level past like lvl 36~.
Units are too expensive, take too long to heal and take too long to retrain (if you can retrain at all due to army caps).
You'd rather keep preying on weaker players and destroy them than invest more than you get back from fighting stronger guys and as people approach max level it just gets more and more annoying. Like yeah sure let me commit a 24 gold swordsman stack to a siege fight, if they die I have to spend about 1500-2500 mithril retraining the dead ones and 2-3 days of hospital time healing the injured ones AND THATS ONLY 1 STACK.

So instead of using actual units to fight you use some cheese strats and once the cheese strats don't work anymore it becomes a stalemate and since stalemates are boring the weaker of the 2 remaining kingdoms just kinda says whatever and merges with the stronger one so everyone gets to have 100+ hubs.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:52 pm

agreed that the risk / reward ratio for late game pvp is terrible.

BlutAar
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:16 pm

At first i was pretty upset about my server not getting a merge option in the first, but after seeing this nonsense i am pretty glad about it.
Sure, reaching out to people, forming a premade house might look like a nice, legit idea, but are you aware of the consequences? According to this open invitation it seems like you guys gathered the majority of the "relevant" players, including 18's god-whale and additionaly a good amount of zerg. In my experience such a powerhouse will attract even more power, since noone really wants to be in the apparently losing team, which then leads to having no competiotion whatsoever. So what you guys do will most likely (maybe after a week or two of uneven struggle) lead to a dead, but merged server. So why merge in the first place? Aren't merges an attempt on trying to improve the "nothing going on anymore" state of most older servers ? Ofcourse mergers won't fix a lot of the aspects that caused those problems and the "dead state" in the first place (and i like your suggestions regarding those), but going full force in negating what the merges are supposed to improve seems very contradictory, and frankly unfair for all those people in the affected servers, who wanted to have some action again.