• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
 
User avatar
Kryton13
Knight
Knight
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:20 pm

hengli wrote:
MigrationFailure wrote:
Hengli and Lilith staff;

I'm writing to inform you of a plan in place to create a super guild by player mag1C from server 33 and already has several hundred people committed to doing so.

Quote from mag1C
"Hello. We are pleased to announce that we have 10 servers who will join us in one house when the server merge will live on the***. There are 3 Skarn, 2 neferak, 2 Athaly, 1 Hyral and 1 Icarum who have agreed to merge into one house. As most of our allies are in Skarn we will be moving in Skarn. We have already created a SERVER MERGE house and will quickly level to accommodate all servers 17 to 33 merging to our house and who have agreed to this union. We will have equality and rotation of king and advisors in our kingdom to the best of our abilities and we have gathered the top 3 players and houses from each of the servers who have agreed to join us. More specifically the people joining us are 1 player over 4.2Million, 4 players over 1.2 Million, 16 players over 900K and approximately over 350 players under 800K. Could you please be so kind to inform all members to be ready for the server merge and to forward the following video which shows how to migrate to Skarn and join our power "

The merge is coming to resolve the dead realm and farmville aspect of AoC for a period of time. If this super guild is allowed to form on the merged server paired with the amount of energy potions that have been collected, the new server will be dominated by one Kingdom within days which will completely negate your efforts.

Please take the above information into consideration when deciding how mergers will occur.

Hi, I am not sure how we could stop this kind of action from players but I will talk with the team.


Hengil - this is potentially such a big problem to server merges that i am happy if they are delayed like a whole month to address it. There is no point in allowing the server merge to happen if players are all allowed to form one super kingdom and just play farmville - as much as i enjoy this game this would force me to quit.

My suggestions to resolve this issue:
1. Players are not allowed to pick their faction for the server merge. Instead the house leader picks two other houses to be allied with and they guarantee all members start on the same faction. Once you have the pool of all houses factions are decided by an algorithm, matching power ratings against each other.
2. For the first 2 months of a server merge no migrations are allowed. To be honest the feature is borderline broken as it is but i am not sure how best to fix it so this is a band aid solution.
3. All accounts under 100k power are shoved onto random new servers - these accounts are on the old servers so anything under 100k power is an alt farming account and shouldn't be allowed in the game.

Please please listen to these suggestions. I can wait for the merge as long as it is done right. These people who want a super kingdom... they are trying to ruin the game.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf
 
Blacklegionary
Squire
Squire
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:23 am

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Fawksito wrote:
MigrationFailure wrote:
Hengli and Lilith staff;

I'm writing to inform you of a plan in place to create a super guild by player mag1C from server 33 and already has several hundred people committed to doing so.

Quote from mag1C
"Hello. We are pleased to announce that we have 10 servers who will join us in one house when the server merge will live on the***. There are 3 Skarn, 2 neferak, 2 Athaly, 1 Hyral and 1 Icarum who have agreed to merge into one house. As most of our allies are in Skarn we will be moving in Skarn. We have already created a SERVER MERGE house and will quickly level to accommodate all servers 17 to 33 merging to our house and who have agreed to this union. We will have equality and rotation of king and advisors in our kingdom to the best of our abilities and we have gathered the top 3 players and houses from each of the servers who have agreed to join us. More specifically the people joining us are 1 player over 4.2Million, 4 players over 1.2 Million, 16 players over 900K and approximately over 350 players under 800K. Could you please be so kind to inform all members to be ready for the server merge and to forward the following video which shows how to migrate to Skarn and join our power "

The merge is coming to resolve the dead realm and farmville aspect of AoC for a period of time. If this super guild is allowed to form on the merged server paired with the amount of energy potions that have been collected, the new server will be dominated by one Kingdom within days which will completely negate your efforts.

Please take the above information into consideration when deciding how mergers will occur.


Like i said, rather than merge realms, let players migrate from realm to realm by paying some linari, this will make it far easier. If you dont like where you are join any server with the ppl you want.


That's a great idea
 
Wyrdii
Knight
Knight
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 am

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
My suggestions to resolve this issue:
1. Players are not allowed to pick their faction for the server merge. Instead the house leader picks two other houses to be allied with and they guarantee all members start on the same faction. Once you have the pool of all houses factions are decided by an algorithm, matching power ratings against each other.


lol sounds like you think they are going to put more effort into this than they care about. You are asking for such a complicated solution from the guys who took 2 months to come up with the coffee-break solution of reset servers + throw server x to y into 1 server...

I'm still thinking that just throwing server 18 to the first batch and not second is going to help to at least some degree... like how many of the people who join this super house are solely doing it because 1 rich idiot who spend 200.000$ on the game dictates the direction of where the server is going because you straight up can't defend against that without having at least equal units and lots of research and even then hes just going to outlast and outpurchase any garrison defense.
 
User avatar
Bisera
Squire
Squire
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:39 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

CLOSE MIGRATION NOW



PS. but can you let us know first so I can go back to Yellow and not have to be in the same kingdom as these turds post-merger.
Yours truly,
From Icarum Farmville s.24 with love...*eye roll*
 
User avatar
Fawksito
Baron
Baron
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Bisera wrote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

CLOSE MIGRATION NOW



PS. but can you let us know first so I can go back to Yellow and not have to be in the same kingdom as these turds post-merger.
Yours truly,
From Icarum Farmville s.24 with love...*eye roll*


This wont work either, OPEN MIGRATION THRU REALMS! that would be the best way to deal with all this
BOOM
 
Blacklegionary
Squire
Squire
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:23 am

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:39 am

I have to support Fawksito on this one. Cross realm migration is better to avoid such mess. Save us and the developers a lot of trouble. No longer will you have too move to 1 kingdom because of some jerk who spend 100.000$ told you to do so.
 
NBSerG
Knight
Knight
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:23 am

Kryton13 wrote:
My suggestions to resolve this issue:
1. Players are not allowed to pick their faction for the server merge. Instead the house leader picks two other houses to be allied with and they guarantee all members start on the same faction. Once you have the pool of all houses factions are decided by an algorithm, matching power ratings against each other.
2. For the first 2 months of a server merge no migrations are allowed. To be honest the feature is borderline broken as it is but i am not sure how best to fix it so this is a band aid solution.
3. All accounts under 100k power are shoved onto random new servers - these accounts are on the old servers so anything under 100k power is an alt farming account and shouldn't be allowed in the game.

Please please listen to these suggestions. I can wait for the merge as long as it is done right. These people who want a super kingdom... they are trying to ruin the game.

+1
 
User avatar
OIO
Squire
Squire
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 pm

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 am

Lol the tears here are delicious. I've spent the last 3 months dealing with one whale, dealing with more, or server 18s makes no dif. I would agree that closing migration for a time has merrits, beyond that it's mostly whining.
Let's get the merge done and he past this crap.
 
RACASGR
Squire
Squire
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:49 am

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:52 am

Migration close is not a solution. Currently migration glitch is that the balance is kept ONLY by the cities a kingdom posses. But as been said in previous posts, if eg all 500 and 600 k players join a color because it posses the less cities, while the rest colors have max 300k, balance is seriously altered.

Migration balance should be calculated from number of cities AND/OR total players power like house measurement somehow or measure the higher rank players on Kingdom so 2 x 500k cannot be on the same color while other color has 2 x 300K
 
Bhaphomet
Knight
Knight
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 am

this server merge is going to end in a mess :-) looking forward to it :-) maybe devs wake up after that and come up with something cool ... i doubt it though.

it could be that easy ... just devide players evenly among all kingdoms (deciding factor is power) and all is good.

just need to figure out a decent ruleset for that.

example of a possible ruleset:

- each kingdom gets kingdom power value / kingdom power value = cumulated power of all accounts in that kingdom

- an account that is inactive for 10+ days gets deactivated (it can be reactivated by the player at any time) - deactivated accounts do NOT count towards the power calculation - once the account is reactivated, its power gets factored in again - player might be forced to join a different kingdom then as he can only join the weakest kingdom

- account is inactive 5-10 days: only1/3rd of its power gets factored in

- account is active: full amount of power gets factored in

- new players can only join the kingdom with the lowest amnount of cumulated power

- players can only migrate to the kingdom with the lowest amnount of cumulated power

- give players the option to set themselves to "holidays mode" (might be buyable for linari, lets say 100 linari per week or maybe even ressources) - during holidays mode only 50% of his current power will be factored in - if a player doesnt come back from holiday mode (must be actively be deactivated by the player) that account goes straight to deactivated mode

Voila!

Yeah the ruleset for a server merge is a bit more complicated, because friends/housemates dont want to be seperated, but in the end server health is more important than that. players can migrate later (same ruleset - only able to migrate to weakest kingdom) - some seperated friends might even decide to reunite in a weaker kingdom.

your algorythm for a server merge could start with houses. start by putting complete houses into kingdoms first (according to the power ruleset) - make it as even as possible, then give all players the option to move to a weaker kingdom for a reward (linari, ressources, items whatever you can come up with) to make an incentive - only keep this incentive active as long as the powerbalance is off. once the powerbalance is about to be even or close to even deactive that feature.

the merged server will balance itself. people could even work out a pact to exchange player x for player y.

voila!

Took me 15 mins to write this up ... yeah there might be loopholes to my suggestion (people are inventive when it comes to circumventing rules) but you can adopt later on. This ruleset is better than no ruelset at all though - like now, which led to the complete disbalance in power among the different kingdoms on a server.

P.S.: it might be needed to factor in high powered players more than low powered players, this can be implemented by using a multiplicator. for example: castle lvl 1-10 no multiplicator, castle level 11-20 multiplicator = 1.2, castle level 21-30 multiplicator = 1.6, castle level 31-40 multiplicator = 2.0 - this is just out of my mind now and might not be the best values, but it can be adjusted. this was just to give you an idea.
Last edited by Bhaphomet on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests