MigrationFailure
Squire
Squire

Re: ATTN Hengli: Regarding Mergers

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 pm

mag1C wrote:
Art of Conquest is a game of allegiances, strategic planning and planning ahead. Recommending alliances and forming alliances with other servers is something which shows an interest of ours in the game. I believe the recommendation i made above is the recommendation we make to people on the same server as well which is dunwulf and skarn working together for example. Preparing for the merge and asking people to form allegiances is not a bad thing on the contrary it creates interest in the game and keeps people playing.

The reason most of the 'end game' folks are still playing is in hopes that the migration brings excitement back into the game. One Kingdom dominating the map within days of the migration so we all go back to doing dungeon and mine dailies is the exact opposite of what you're saying.

mag1C wrote:
I believe my initiative to form a power house coalition from servers 17-32 and is nothing merely but diplomacy and our offer still stands for everyone. Also this form of diplomacy should be available between houses throughout the kingdom. There should be a button in the house details which says: Allies with etc. At peace with, At war with. Our offer for a power house is as shown below:

These are just fancy words in saying that we have 400+ folks about to merge into a single house and we are prepared to dominate the world within days after the merger. The game is not fun with one Kingdom owning the map, hence the reason for mergers. Why are you in such a hurry to return to this?

mag1C wrote:
I think the real matters at hand is the reason why the servers have reached the point where one kingdom has conquered the whole server and what has been done to address this. There is a game called Planetside where the map resets and when an empire has less territory it gives the losing kingdom a winning chance by giving them a +60% resources, attack, triple healing of troops, bonus health etc when they have less territory. If they really have no territory even 100%. The ideas baphomet posted are also good alternatives. Developers have to address issue of imbalance and “whales” as you call them.

Apart from that there are basic things to cover to:
A) fix caravans non pillagable
B) introduce feature where your not allowed to attack players who have 15 cattle levels or more than you
C) Allow players prior to enter a battle to chose if they want to commit bronze, silver or gold troops and if one players chooses bronze and the other chooses gold, the player who was willing to commit the gold wins the battle thus reducing the disruption in gameplay when Players commit only bronze troops.
D) Introduce a survey to what makes players quit. I find the surveys Lilith uses in game as pretty useless.
E) Faster implementation of updates
F) Wonna make money to hire more developers to do the above? Introduce unique skins for heroes, exclusive mounts and faster mounts.

I think there are really basic things that have not been fixed for a while now and i feel developers do not listen to active players. I mean there are so many games out there that Lilith can use as an example to improve a lot of things. Hopefully they will listen as we all love this game.

I can't disagree with this post at all and there's some excellent ideas here. Pointing out flaws and offering ideas however does not make it okay to completely ruin the game experience for everyone post merger. If your plan executes, you know exactly how this is going to play out and the fun/interest/excitement that the merger is supposed to bring is going to turn into boredom within a day or two.

You are single handily leading the charge in ruining anything good that can come from the merger.

Kennan
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

mag1C wrote:
I believe my initiative to form a power house coalition from servers 17-32 and is nothing merely but diplomacy and our offer still stands for everyone. Also this form of diplomacy should be available between houses throughout the kingdom. There should be a button in the house details which says: Allies with etc. At peace with, At war with. Our offer for a power house is as shown below:

Hello. We are pleased to announce that we have 10 servers who will join us in one house when the server merge will live on the game. There are 3 Skarn, 2 neferak, 2 Athaly, 1 Hyral and 1 Icarum who have agreed to merge into one house. As most of our allies are in Skarn we will be moving in Skarn. We have already created a SERVER MERGE house and will quickly level to accommodate all servers 17 to 33 merging to our house and who have agreed to this union. We will have equality and rotation of king and advisors in our kingdom to the best of our abilities and we have gathered the top 3 players and houses from each of the servers who have agreed to join us. More specifically the people joining us are 1 player over 4.2Million, 4 players over 1.2 Million, 16 players over 900K and approximately over 350 players under 800K. Could you please be so kind to inform all members to be ready for the server merge and to forward the following video which shows how to migrate to Skarn and join our power house “SERVER MERGE” which is ready to accommodate all our allies from 17 to 33 named above. The video below shows instructions on how to join the united house of all servers when the server merge goes live.
h t t p s://youtu.be/NZLyPOVjsq4 (please remove the space between h t t p s)

And this dosnt smell "i wanne save my own ass" from the 4.2 mill player ?
why in hell do you wanne play farmville after a merge? i realy dont hope you play a war game to make peace and live happily ever after running arround nonsense!
and btw. if they turn off migration, you will "alliance with all" ? come on? go play tetris
I'm just a professional.. so let's have a map refresh each 8 week!
Server 56
"lets NERF NERF NERF! Everything is OP OP OP !"

mag1C
Squire
Squire

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 am

I think this post is nothing different to what i propose and I believe my actions make the game even more interesting as said in the link posted by Hengli

http://forum.lilithgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14428
mag1C House: No Way Skarn Server 33

Tutorials, Hall of Fame Plunders and much more on our YouTube Chanel Below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCswjt8WnzYtDjSKvwVIvtdA

MigrationFailure
Squire
Squire

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 am

mag1C wrote:
I think this post is nothing different to what i propose and I believe my actions make the game even more interesting as said in the link posted by Hengli

http://forum.lilithgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14428

Hengli's post refers to a system where two or more Kings can setup an alliance between their Kingdoms so you can no longer attack each others cities. This alliance will no longer be present once the existing king is ousted and will need to be setup again by the new King if he or she chooses.

What you're doing is making sure one Kingdom rules the map within the first day or two of the merge, which completely negates another feature that Lilith is attempting to implement.

There is no possible way you can draw a line between what they are doing and what you're doing.

mag1C
Squire
Squire

Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 am

Yes and I’m setting up an alliance across different servers. Would it be different if i set up an alliance with someone on my server? Everybody is entitled to their opinion and as i respect yours you should respect others as well.
mag1C House: No Way Skarn Server 33

Tutorials, Hall of Fame Plunders and much more on our YouTube Chanel Below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCswjt8WnzYtDjSKvwVIvtdA

MigrationFailure
Squire
Squire

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:37 am

mag1C wrote:
Yes and I’m setting up an alliance across different servers. Would it be different if i set up an alliance with someone on my server? Everybody is entitled to their opinion and as i respect yours you should respect others as well.

You aren't setting up an alliance between Kingdoms - you are creating a super guild to make sure the whole map is ruled by one Kingdom within days of launching. The fact that you don't see this as a problem and trying to compare it to an alliance system that's coming is mind boggling.

I absolutely do not respect your opinion or what you're doing as it's going to put the merged server right back where we are currently within days of launching.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:07 am

mag1C wrote:

Lol why play a game if there is no challenge

Fliptality
Squire
Squire

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:00 am

mag1C wrote:

why do you vote for a merge in the first place? because all servers are ruled by one bing farmville house after 30-60 days of launch.
what you are trying to do, is achieving the same server state after just 1-2 days post merge on the new server. why do you want to merge in the first place?

if you want pure boredom of 1 house ruling the whole map, you can stay where you are right now.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 am

As much as I'd like to blame it all on mag1c it's really just that 4,2 million power unlimited money whale... there is no challenge if you are trying to beat up a tank with a baseball bat. You can't outlast him and every high player doesn't want to constantly fear getting hit by this guy and sent back to the capital with a month of hospital time...

Like just to imagine how stupidly strong this guy is, he can literally just take over the entire server and then change color and clear out a giant city on his own and then just move in there lol if he has a maxed out golden wall you'd have to fight through hundreds of lvl 13 gold units just to kick him and thats tens of thousands of resources because you can barely cheese lvl 40 players.

And I don't want to hear shit from anyone BOOHOOO I HAVE A WHALE ON MY SERVER AND I ALSO HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. Yeah dude shut up the highest whales I've seen beside that guy have like 1,3 million power and that's only 400k more than I have and 400k power translates to about what 25? gold troops lol yeah big deal a player with a 25 gold troops can totally be compared to someone with 200. If that whale loses 2 entire siege attacks hes out, if the 4.2 million power whale loses 10 entire siege attacks he can still attack 8 more times just with his gold and linari rush them in the hospital.

FBSM
Knight
Knight

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:06 am

The whole server merge idea without equal starting point is a joke. Just like someone mentioned previously, this is a coffee-break idea. It doesn't require months of preparation and planning. if it's to harsh to reset individuals to a certain power level, at least make sure each kingdom has equal house power.

I've never met the 4.2mil player before, so I can't comment on his influence to this new server. But if lilith plan to make this server super compatitive, be extra careful with the number of energy potion dropped in the server. But who em I kidding. Lilith ain't got no time for dat.