User avatar
mag1C
Squire
Squire
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 am

Re: Attention: Hengli Server Merge Date

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:00 pm

hengli wrote:
Niquette wrote:
Aoc support said to me that server 17-33 will be merge in December for sure.

Correct, this is what the developers passed me.


Thank you!
mag1C House: No Way Skarn Server 33

Tutorials, Hall of Fame Plunders and much more on our YouTube Chanel Below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCswjt8WnzYtDjSKvwVIvtdA
 
User avatar
Kennan
Knight
Knight
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Re: Attention: Hengli Server Merge Date

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:54 pm

hengli wrote:
Niquette wrote:
Aoc support said to me that server 17-33 will be merge in December for sure.

Correct, this is what the developers passed me.


this is great news. to bad im at Server 56, so 3 week older server.. please make a plan for mergeing this servers also ASAP! ppl dropping off each day :(
I'm just a professional.. so let's have a map refresh each 8 week!
Server 56
"lets NERF NERF NERF! Everything is OP OP OP !"
 
Chandiris
Knight
Knight
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Server Merge Date

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Merge will only delay the death. There will be a dominance again after couple weeks and player loose interest and then they merge again?

Just call it a loss/win when its over give them a star or something for their avatar and start fresh. Games need to have an ending and winning conditions. Thats the fun in gaming, you can actually win, which feels better then endless dominance of nobody....
 
User avatar
OIO
Knight
Knight
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 pm

Re: Server Merge Date

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:16 am

Sure, I get how merge is a bandaid for power disparity in the game, especialy on servers with strong whales. Honestly though, if your not ok with the concept of being wiped out in a War game, then realy you shouldnt be playing it in the first place. The concept of making it easier/safer for people who don't particularly want to participate in fighting is a bad approach. Resolving power disparity in a meaningfull way that does not completly curtail the advantage of the strong, but does allow for some safety for the weak is needed, as in most cases thats whats driving allot of people to quit. Do I personaly care when casuals drop off, not in particular. However once a faction/house gains superiorty, especialy in the form of a whale with no bottom to their pocket, their is not a single way to directly combat them, besides grinding to 40.
 
MaxBT
Knight
Knight
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:24 am

Re: Server Merge Date

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:55 am

Just curious, what happened to servers from 1 to 16 ? Any clear reasons why 17 - 33 are chosen ? By tossing a coin ?
 
User avatar
hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Posts: 1169
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Attention: Hengli Server Merge Date

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:09 am

Sparkles wrote:
hengli wrote:
Niquette wrote:
Aoc support said to me that server 17-33 will be merge in December for sure.

Correct, this is what the developers passed me.


Hengli the consensus on server 17 is that a large majority of players voted No. Is this incorrect and there actually was a Yes vote or has it been decided that mergers will happen anyways?

I am sure the team will consider the majority of the votes to make any decision. Regarding your server, I don't have information about it, sorry.
 
Chandiris
Knight
Knight
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Server Merge Date

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:01 am

OIO wrote:
However once a faction/house gains superiorty, especialy in the form of a whale with no bottom to their pocket, their is not a single way to directly combat them, besides grinding to 40.


Well you say it yourself, thats the end of the Game. One Faction wins and there has to be a "Game Over" with winners and loosers. A Scoreboard and Recordboard will make the stats of the best players last forever. And maybe there should be some way to take expensive buys into the next round, at least partly.

But the game is over at that point and there is no reason to create some shit on top to make it go on. The game is great as it is, its just not an endless one. And I personally would love to see more games again that have a finishing point.

Just take into account, no matter how long you play you will never have played the whole game, because there is no definition of that. No matter what strategic board game you play, it has a defined gameplay with starting point and ending point and noone is whining that he has to redo things on the next play because it ended. Redo things makes you learn and think about stuff and thats whats gaming all about. Humans just like gaming because its the nicest way of learning on from birth.

As in any endless game, all they can do to keep people busy is to implement endless grinding. There are enough games out there where you can do stupid grinding 24/7. But the basic idea which makes this game great is already there and the more grinding they build on top of that idea the less this idea will be visible and the less it will count...
 
Wyrdii
Knight
Knight
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 am

Re: Server Merge Date

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:45 am

Chandiris wrote:
But the game is over at that point and there is no reason to create some shit on top to make it go on. The game is great as it is, its just not an endless one. And I personally would love to see more games again that have a finishing point.


Well then if the point of this game wasn't to go on for longer than a few weeks why do things look like this exist.
If they wanted to reset peoples progress they'd have to max the castle levels at 30 and the academy at lvl 9. As it is right now it takes 6 months to get to 40 and 4 of those are basically just from 30 to 40. Academy upgrades from 0 to 25 take 15 days and 26 to 30 takes 23 days.

Chandiris wrote:
Just take into account, no matter how long you play you will never have played the whole game, because there is no definition of that. No matter what strategic board game you play, it has a defined gameplay with starting point and ending point and noone is whining that he has to redo things on the next play because it ended. Redo things makes you learn and think about stuff and thats whats gaming all about. Humans just like gaming because its the nicest way of learning on from birth.


Yeah because you don't spend MONTHS on a strategic board game where it literally takes months for units to matter again because all that matters in this game for weeks is how strong your jacques is and how much money a whale spends on the game and decides to not destroy you. Because thats literally all it takes, the cheap 8h shop rush a day gives you 51h of building rush for 250$ a day and considering how whales apparently love to throw cash at the game that seems to be a small amount lol. So it takes a normal player 10-11 days from 1 to 15 under optimal conditions while it takes a whale 3-4 days and 1.000$. That's already an insane advantage in terms of castle and unit levels plus they start having gold and you are still at silver.

And you can't "outlearn" money. Just because you know what to do doesn't mean you can suddenly pillage 200 hours of building rush to catch up to someone throwing money at the game. If this game was made to end early with clear win conditions they'd have to rebalance a mountain of things. And speaking for myself here but after spending literally 6 months grinding an account to max castle level i have no idea where the appeal would be if i had to start all over again~ early game just isn't fun. Jacques dominates everything and units don't matter. It takes weeks/months until you see a clear advantage of research and hero builds from experienced players to kick in but non of this matters if someone just spends a lot more money on the game~

Implement duels for fun with voidlike rules where units don't die and nothing matters, add more levels to tacitc school, add more levels to void, add a different version of tactic school where you set up a garrison defense and have npcs attack your wall, add bosses where more people from your house participate, add a void for your entire house where everyone can enter with more and harder enemies. Just gotta add some pve content because early game and midgame is dominated by jacques+bronze and late game is dominated by not fighting equal players and just crushing weaker ones because the time and cost is just too insane to use actual units. (training 24 level 13 gold swordsman takes 3 days~)

Too bad i don't feel a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different castle levels weeks before someone else by spending 1000$+ on the game~
 
User avatar
Chillblaze
Squire
Squire
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Attention: Hengli Server Merge Date

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:07 pm

hengli wrote:
Niquette wrote:
Aoc support said to me that server 17-33 will be merge in December for sure.

Correct, this is what the developers passed me.


+1 patiently waiting in line to get into heaven
 
Chandiris
Knight
Knight
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Server Merge Date

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Wyrdii wrote:
Well then if the point of this game wasn't to go on for longer than a few weeks why do things look like this exist.
If they wanted to reset peoples progress they'd have to max the castle levels at 30 and the academy at lvl 9. As it is right now it takes 6 months to get to 40 and 4 of those are basically just from 30 to 40. Academy upgrades from 0 to 25 take 15 days and 26 to 30 takes 23 days.


Of course it always was planned to be an endless game. And that by the cheapest tricks to make it endless, like putting more levels of the same sh.it on top that even take longer to get there. And I wouldn't wonder if they patch couple more levels on Top where you still have to grind for with no really new elements. What i was trying to say is, that the basic game idea doesn't feel right fr endless playing and it was poorly forced into an endless setup, just because whales spend more on things they never loose again. No matter that even they at some point loose interest and simply leave a game which cost them couple thousand or even more Dollars.

Wyrdii wrote:
Yeah because you don't spend MONTHS on a strategic board game where it literally takes months for units to matter again because all that matters in this game for weeks is how strong your jacques is and how much money a whale spends on the game and decides to not destroy you. Because thats literally all it takes, the cheap 8h shop rush a day gives you 51h of building rush for 250$ a day and considering how whales apparently love to throw cash at the game that seems to be a small amount lol. So it takes a normal player 10-11 days from 1 to 15 under optimal conditions while it takes a whale 3-4 days and 1.000$. That's already an insane advantage in terms of castle and unit levels plus they start having gold and you are still at silver.

And you can't "outlearn" money. Just because you know what to do doesn't mean you can suddenly pillage 200 hours of building rush to catch up to someone throwing money at the game. If this game was made to end early with clear win conditions they'd have to rebalance a mountain of things. And speaking for myself here but after spending literally 6 months grinding an account to max castle level i have no idea where the appeal would be if i had to start all over again~ early game just isn't fun. Jacques dominates everything and units don't matter. It takes weeks/months until you see a clear advantage of research and hero builds from experienced players to kick in but non of this matters if someone just spends a lot more money on the game~


How does any of these words motivate you to go on?

There are always ways to make a change. Sadly there are no companies outside anymore building games with passion. Its just a matter of the business case and the cash-flow. And as long as whales are outside there, the endless modell will dominate the market. No matter which modell would have made it a greater game...

Wyrdii wrote:
Implement duels for fun with voidlike rules where units don't die and nothing matters, add more levels to tacitc school, add more levels to void, add a different version of tactic school where you set up a garrison defense and have npcs attack your wall, add bosses where more people from your house participate, add a void for your entire house where everyone can enter with more and harder enemies. Just gotta add some pve content because early game and midgame is dominated by jacques+bronze and late game is dominated by not fighting equal players and just crushing weaker ones because the time and cost is just too insane to use actual units. (training 24 level 13 gold swordsman takes 3 days~)


These are good ideas, but we will only get the same sh.it in a new shape. The Server merge will do let you restart in case of terretory without restarting your account. So you might have some battles the same style again on a higher level, before the merged big server will die aswell. Thats same shit in a new shape.

I personally would pay 10 Bugs for a 12 weeks round well designed into good win conditions without any kind of cheating and shop. I would pay to just be able to feel actual competition in a game again. Not fighting against the purses of others or just against the annoying long timers. Don't get me wrong, i don't think I would win any scenarios, but i would like to loose a fair played battle.

And this game idea has the potential to do so, even without ending the actual way it would be possible. You could just build in "Adventures" you go on, where any player joining is set to the same level and gets something out of it for his main grinding account on an old server (Items, Heros, Ressources, Gimmiks, Linari, Attribute Cards, and so on...), depending on his performance. Lilith could sell the ticket for the expedition in the shop of the real server, for like 5 to 10 Bugs and anyone has somethig to do and a real competition, besides the whale dominated existence on the usual server he is on. And if you have a 1 to 1000 Chance to get the main price, its not more expensive as rolling chests.... :)

But all of this, including your ideas, would mean that Lilith has to invest in a "milk cow". And in our days you only keep them alive, while building new ones, instead of investing more. So, i personally hope that Lilith will build up a copy of this idea in a different shape at some point with a very different setup. Its always allowed to keep dreaming... :p

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests