Hiems
Baron
Baron

Developer diary - skins

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm very happy to see that we are going to get this feature, waited for so long. At the same time, one thing concerns me, this thing is if those skins are going to give any kind of stats. As far as I can tell, most players (or all of them) don't want those cosmetics giving any kind of bonus so I hope that they're really just visual.

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Re: Developer diary - skins

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:21 pm

I agree that i domt want another way for players to pay for an advantage however extra options to min/max are fun. I actually would like more customisation that affects gameplay - specifically stuff where you have to make actual choices instead of just waiting/paying till you get it all.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:59 pm

What would be the point of stats on skins if they are just another equipment? The customization aspect will fail as players will just look the same in the end using whatever skin gives the best stats, unless stats are given by # of skins owned, then they could perfectly use skins to push more power for paying players. It would drive sales not only from players looking for cosmetics but also min/max competitive players.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:52 am

Cosmetics doesn't include stats.
94 Culwood
Castle 32, Dwarf
Jacques 41, 130-9-45-37

YaBoiTim
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Will we be able to change our hero (that we're riding on) only once or any time ?

tsp
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 pm

majority of players of old servers would more appreciate a new content in game than some useless skins - especially for older servers which are slowly dying - especially before the Christmas this would bring some joy into the game

regarding the multiple change of names ->this is something which will help even more alternative accounts to be spread over the game and farmed by original owners

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 am

While the cosmetics is a nice idea its a shame all those development hours being wasted on more cash grab opportunities rather than merges or new content .. most have already been sucked in by the 'limited' chance hero boxes. Atleast u can spend more money to make ya 100$ hero look nice while he rides around a 1 colour sandbox with no endgame .. zzz
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am

Dazed wrote:
While the cosmetics is a nice idea its a shame all those development hours being wasted on more cash grab opportunities rather than merges or new content .. most have already been sucked in by the 'limited' chance hero boxes. Atleast u can spend more money to make ya 100$ hero look nice while he rides around a 1 colour sandbox with no endgame .. zzz

I agree. My server has been stale for almost 2 months, sever 60. I would love to see some server merging quickly for any server pre Chinese debut. There's hardly anyone to fight, one kingdom owns everything. It's time to get some fresh gameplay for us older servers.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 am

I thought you all know that end game isn't a thing on this game so not sure what's expected, a rework on end game stats? (?)
The best they did so far was void and I finished it with lvl 10 troops, for anyone above it is a breeze. Don't expect anything for lvl 30+.Also usually companies have different teams to different things. The designers working on the skins don't need to work on merge, simply because it's not their area. To be fair, I don't care about pve content, really doesn't make any difference for me if anything related to it is added or not, it's boring from lvl 1 to high level and with the way the game is designed at least for me it will not change.