ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Re: Alright now I completely don't understand this hero healing time debuff

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 am

Hero injury time was way too short compared to troop recovery time, which was one of the things that allows bronze dueling and garrison attacks to be so unbalanced. Always boggled my mind how heroes took less time to recover than even stuff like an individual horse from a 6-unit army, yet they don't go through hospital queue and certain heroes deal way more damage than the aforementioned gold army.

They didn't really introduce a new timewall, keep in mind they greatly reduced recovery time for units. Hero energy recovery remains the same, and the game has seen a constant flow of improved ways to get energy and recovery potions, the same never really existed for units so yeah overall this has been a great reduction of downtime in this game, EXCEPT if you're doing suicide attacks/duels (which is abusing short hero recovery times to inflict injury time downtime on others) but it shouldn't really matter because when you do those you are probably going to be using energy potions for garrisons anyway.

Sam114
Squire
Squire

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:40 am

Although this targets against the bronze runs it now means you have to use silver, this will mean needing more mana potions for heroes like Vega. Even when using Silvers against a garrison my melee heroes kamakazi into the frontline and will be needing to use a potion. Their archery/shooters don't always target your frontliners and often go for your siege weapons, this is another reason for bronze runs.

I now find myself waiting around for hero stamina or because they're injured, after completing quests and doing some plundering. They need to add in more NPC's/tactics school/ new quests, I had put forwards the idea of a symmetry fight, where it's a type of quest to fight yourself in a way.

Bhaphomet
Knight
Knight

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:49 pm

PrinceCharming wrote:
hahaha :D
you Jacques haters :)
Well, maybe it is THE BEST way to nerf Jacques and not touch his stats, damage etc. And this might be a very smart change, I can't whine about it, because basically nothing changed, Jacques is same powerful.
But this all doesn't matter.
People will slow down in playing anyway.
They will log in less and less... and eventually leave the building farming simulator.
If devs think that bigger injury time will force players to use silver or even gold units on siege, WRONG.
In duels - maybe. Because less healing time is a good change.
But the rare resources remain on the same level income.
In this case there should also be a good buff in resource gain.
Currently I get enough mithrill for 1 gold mech and it takes 2 days.
So I lose 5 of them in a duel or siege and need 10 days to get enough res to replenish them. Or more.
1 duel.
10 days.
hahahahahah!

yeah its ridiculous ... the high rare ressource costs keep players from actually playing PvP ... nobody likes to lose that much ressources on ONE SINGLE fight.

Aegon
Knight
Knight

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:28 pm

More time => more bottles need => more bottles buyed => $$
All logical chains in this game going in final to $$

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:15 am

Aegon wrote:
More time => more bottles need => more bottles buyed => $$
All logical chains in this game going in final to $$

More time => more bottles needed => stop playing.
94 Culwood
Castle 32, Dwarf
Jacques 41, 130-9-45-37

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:26 pm

The healing time is actually so stupidly long that I can do a quest and have a hero be injured, go to bed, wake up and still have the hero injured... lvl 38 avalon takes 7 hours to heal.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Chandiris wrote:
PrinceCharming wrote:
But now this new feature destroys the whole concept of attacking garrisons...

Please explain your thoughts behind that statement...

Maybe it never was the planned concept to let your heroes die on every single attack, just to enable you to attack with zero risk. Maybe you actually have to win every fight and take a risk by fielding more then just bronze.

The game mechanic to crack a wall with 80 pots instead of a real army is stupid and they should even work on that. It is quit common on our server that you get attacked every 90 minutes to slowly send your garrisson to hospital. Thats an annoying and riskless way to siege. Thumbs up for the change, especially combined with the shorter healing time for troops!

Maebius wrote:
Any change that makes you play less is a bad change in my opinion

Well, it won't make you play less, if your heroes wouldn't have to suffer every single fight you take.

You expect to use logic on jacq players? Goodluck lol i find it a good thing
Limits whales a bit more
Im not a fan of it due to limiting my play as well but it just goes to show that you should level all heroes and not powerlevel 2-3 as that way all your heroes finish at same time

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm

PrinceCharming wrote:
hahaha :D
you Jacques haters :)
Well, maybe it is THE BEST way to nerf Jacques and not touch his stats, damage etc. And this might be a very smart change, I can't whine about it, because basically nothing changed, Jacques is same powerful.
But this all doesn't matter.
People will slow down in playing anyway.
They will log in less and less... and eventually leave the building farming simulator.
If devs think that bigger injury time will force players to use silver or even gold units on siege, WRONG.
In duels - maybe. Because less healing time is a good change.
But the rare resources remain on the same level income.
In this case there should also be a good buff in resource gain.
Currently I get enough mithrill for 1 gold mech and it takes 2 days.
So I lose 5 of them in a duel or siege and need 10 days to get enough res to replenish them. Or more.
1 duel.
10 days.
hahahahahah!

Ive never even seen you use silvers or bronze lol dont see why youre complaining

BoKnows
Squire
Squire

Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 am

It's a way to sell more recovery pots no? They gave us 100 for free but that will go pretty quick if you are fielding 15 heroes at a time. It does discourage pay players and makes it better to hold dungeon cities that give you a chance to get pots.

Great point about scaling resource drops as lvls go up. Rares required for gold troops go up way faster than income so at some point it becomes too costly to rebuild, players stop taking risk and quit servers rather than rebuild so no bases left to plunder which kills servers.