Vladepsyker
Squire
Squire

Tiadrins cleanse the land has no place in this game.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:12 am

On a regular server this might not be such a big issue, but on a high population high level merged server this ability is completely inappropriate.

1 mana do do an instant 7% dmg to a wall every 10hours with no possible way to counter it and only against Lich players ? Are you kidding ?

How in any universe is this ability reasonable on a competitive server ?

Let just run some quick numbers , say 10 people with Tiadrin at level 35, on a merged server decide to coordinate their efforts. Hardly outside the realm of possible.

10 *7% hits at the same time that reduces the wall down to 48% of maximum HP , more than half its HP in one go ! For 1 mana ! No retribution ! No Risk ! And you can do it again in 10hours ? Are You Kidding ?!

10 hours rolls around the wall has maybe healed 2-4% depending on level

So wall starting at 52% gets hit again
Boom were now down to 25%

Bit of healing 29%
Another 10 hours
Boom 14%

In less than 2 days this mechanic has put 2-4 weeks or more recovery time on someone's wall and they can't do anything about it. The wall is now so low that a single dwarf seige attack can send them back to the capital.

It's not like Lich have significantly better wall defence options to warrant a way to take them out without risking ANY troops.

At the very least using this ability should flag the user for revenge the same as if they'd tried to raid the city, there has to be some counter to an ability that has the ability to all but remove players from a city.

Ideally this ability should either be removed (best option) or changed so that it does a flat dmg amount not a % and Tiadrin can only use it during a wall attack(providing no loot like a Siege weapon) not in adventure mode, allowing for troop risk and revenge.

Or honestly ANYTHING that gives a Lich player some way to either counter, defend or mitigate against it.
Being forced to leave a city for a month or change races is not a solution when you've invested in a Lich wall defence.

Please make Cleanse the Land a more reasonable and fair ability.

Vladepsyker
Squire
Squire

Re: Tiadrins cleanse the land has no place in this game.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:14 am

Yes I Know it's actually Called purge the land , so sue me. ;)

My salt levels are clearly too high to type correctly as a result.

mellen
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:40 am

+1

Bobby
Baron
Baron

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:21 am

Yes this skill is bullshit

mas1742
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Hello!

I made an account on the forum to share experiences with Tiadrin's Purge the Land.

Have been playing the game since June of this year, now playing on one of the merged servers.

Agree that Purge the Lands is an unfair and an unfun game mechanic.

The only counters to the ability is either choosing not to play the Lich race or to have guards be stationed outside Lich cities at all times of the day and stopping the opponent from using the ability.

It allows a $10 hero to always win against a Lich player no matter how much the Lich player has invested in their garrison army or their wall defence.

Suffering multiple days of recovery time for each time a Tiadrin uses the spell is not a fun gaming experience.

Nor is it a fair gaming experience, not knowing which player is using the tactic nor having a revenge attack opportunity on them.

Hoping the developers of the game are open to the idea of looking at reworking the skill.

Thank you :-)

Bisera
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:34 pm

+1

Kennan
Baron
Baron

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:32 pm

heheh.. finally we dont have all the whine about jacq been so OP! becouse everyone saw that hes not that op after tier10.
but this! lets find something to whine about!
I'm just a professional.. so let's have a map refresh each 8 week!
Server 56
"lets NERF NERF NERF! Everything is OP OP OP !"

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:35 pm

this is just like the jacqs threads .. lmao its a pay to win game so ofcourse the premium hero are OP ... who would buy if not OP ... if they burn ur walls down then u cant be raided properly so if anything they doing u a favour, less walls means less attacks it can sustain so less loot to raid ... u go to capital instead of sitting in city sustaining multiple attacks and losing all your loot ... its like auto bubble without needing to lose the resources ... wats a non fun mechanic is the spider constantly spawning gold stat troops for free, how many waves of free units with huge stats is fun against a defined squad # ?
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Vladepsyker
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Dazed wrote:
this is just like the jacqs threads .. lmao its a pay to win game so ofcourse the premium hero are OP ... who would buy if not OP ... if they burn ur walls down then u cant be raided properly so if anything they doing u a favour, less walls means less attacks it can sustain so less loot to raid ... u go to capital instead of sitting in city sustaining multiple attacks and losing all your loot ... its like auto bubble without needing to lose the resources ... wats a non fun mechanic is the spider constantly spawning gold stat troops for free, how many waves of free units with huge stats is fun against a defined squad # ?

Nice theory mate pity this is a merged competitive server where holding cities matters, and protecting resources doesn't.
Gold spiders can be countered, Jacques can be countered, purge the land has NO counter and that's the problem.

Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:05 am

Ya know, while I can completely understand where you are coming from I think complaining about it on an open forum was a bad idea. This strat isn’t widely used and most don’t think about it. I remember it from 61 and I know it’s a problem on older, more experienced servers but really all you accomplished here is remind me and probably tons of others about it. My server is already prepping for a merge and I am now creating a Tiadrin hit crew ;)