Dazed
Baron
Baron

Garrison Overhaul Needed ..

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:56 am

in light of the new legend rhonny video and the obvious garrison failures on lilith's part i question if its just sloppy coding or perhaps we can expect an update to this poorly working feature ? There was many waves of feathers infront of front line troops and this is so broken and basically punishes you for having a 'strong' garrison by feeding your main dps as front line fodder .. morale chaining off that alone + the waste of a perfectly good wall squad for nxt wave is competley absurd and this needs to be addressed ASAP.. the bronze 13's beating down gold 13's should also be addressed ...balance is needed...

Post any thoughts or comments and hopefully we can get some changes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok4BQsrvglI
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

xLiquidsnake
Knight
Knight

Re: Garrison Overhaul Needed ..

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:43 am

I saw this coming a long time ago. I even said this two weeks ago defenses are meaningless at the moment and its complete bullshit for how much time and resources you need to invest to make level 13 troops in your wall. Firstly field bonus's should only be a defensive trait. Currently they only work for a attacker hitting your base and in pvp (which is fair enough imo) which makes which no sense at all since that research tree is all about improving your garrision.

I hope the developers actually look at this issue now, I think the Guard tower coming next patch might add something to the game to help defenses but i honestly have no clue what it does and how much of a diffrence it will make.

As long as the attacker has level 40+ heroes your gonna have a bad time the current situation in this game. The issue with these specific attacks is the attackers have the best hero's and research in the game. Its not the bronze run that is op, its the hero's and research being used. Do this with weaker hero's and i guarantee the result isn't the same. Not every player can pull of an attack like this only a select few can. With that being said though this still should not be happening. Strategic retreat is part of the problem regarding that. It should only withdraw half a set of troops to balance it, so you can't abuse it with spiders and other single deployment troops for a huge power spike so you can do your bronze run safely.

This was the thread i posted two weeks ago for the sake of balance which got ignored by everyone. Everyone said garrisons are strong enough as they are and its clearly not the case and its actually pretty sad how fragile they are.

-

Currently defenses in this game are broken too easily. You should be able to leave a hero in your castle to give buffs to your troops, to make them more even with the attackers troops when he attacks your castle. I'd say keep it simple and just make it so you can leave one hero in your castle.

When he is in your castle you cannot use him at all until you take him out of the castle. Each time your castle is attacked it will take one stamina from the hero. It can be possible to injure the hero in the castle if you use any skills/spells that can kill the hero behind the castle, such as a rufio leap, ninja's etc. Giving a bit more diversity in gameplay and also giving some counter play to the addition of a hero to defenses. Also if two people attack your castle at the same time only one person will get the hero in their siege.

Examples of hero's

Yip - Will use cyclone when the enemy troops hit the castle wall for a certain amount of damage.
Avalon - Will fire volley when the enemy troops hit the castle / will give archers and humanoid troops more hp
Vega - Will cast favour of the sun god at the start of the battle.
Rufio - Will leap to the backline to commit suicide and give the enemy a morale boost once the enemy deals a certain amount of damage to the wall.
Virion - Gives troops a morale sheild / Legionaire troop buff / Will revive legionaires mid way through the battle.
Last edited by xLiquidsnake on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:10 am, edited 7 times in total.

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:51 am

interesting i like the hero idea , perhaps just a simple loadout formations will solve alot the AI problems and give the commander more control of how it loadout ? , any changes would be better than leaving it as is, thankyou for ur support on this issue..
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:17 am

Yeah, I saw Rhony's video. There should definitely be some improvements made in the troop loadout for the defending player's castle.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:44 am

The guard tower is a great idea. A lot will depend on how it is implimented. If they do it well it might actually fix high level pvp.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

LightStorm
Knight
Knight

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:51 am

I would really like to be able to set up my garrison for an initial attack. Let the AI take over after that initial attack is broken, but I'd like to be able to set up my own defense for that first wave. I play human. I've made 3 sets of Dead Eyes for my wall and I keep them updated. Anytime my defense gets used, I never see them. When I do see them, they are usually put down on the ground level. I would much prefer to see all 3 units on the wall it's self despite them having no racial bonus.

I also think it might be a good idea to have a instanced zone that attacks your wall instead of you attacking with troops. It would be fun to see your garrison fighting off a dragon attack.
LightStorm

Kennan
Baron
Baron

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:48 am

just letting us setup the first 3 waves or 30 waves will sort alot of this issue...
then power players will need to use alot more hits to take it down...
I'm just a professional.. so let's have a map refresh each 8 week!
Server 56
"lets NERF NERF NERF! Everything is OP OP OP !"

Fliptality
Knight
Knight

Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:08 am

xLiquidsnake wrote:
I saw this coming a long time ago. I even said this two weeks ago defenses are meaningless at the moment and its complete bullshit for how much time and resources you need to invest to make level 13 troops in your wall. Firstly field bonus's should only be a defensive trait. Currently they only work for a attacker hitting your base and in pvp (which is fair enough imo) which makes which no sense at all since that research tree is all about improving your garrision.

I hope the developers actually look at this issue now, I think the Guard tower coming next patch might add something to the game to help defenses but i honestly have no clue what it does and how much of a diffrence it will make.

As long as the attacker has level 40+ heroes your gonna have a bad time the current situation in this game. The issue with these specific attacks is the attackers have the best hero's and research in the game. Its not the bronze run that is op, its the hero's and research being used. Do this with weaker hero's and i guarantee the result isn't the same. Not every player can pull of an attack like this only a select few can. With that being said though this still should not be happening. Strategic retreat is part of the problem regarding that. It should only withdraw half a set of troops to balance it, so you can't abuse it with spiders and other single deployment troops for a huge power spike so you can do your bronze run safely.

This was the thread i posted two weeks ago for the sake of balance which got ignored by everyone. Everyone said garrisons are strong enough as they are and its clearly not the case and its actually pretty sad how fragile they are.

-

Currently defenses in this game are broken too easily. You should be able to leave a hero in your castle to give buffs to your troops, to make them more even with the attackers troops when he attacks your castle. I'd say keep it simple and just make it so you can leave one hero in your castle.

When he is in your castle you cannot use him at all until you take him out of the castle. Each time your castle is attacked it will take one stamina from the hero. It can be possible to injure the hero in the castle if you use any skills/spells that can kill the hero behind the castle, such as a rufio leap, ninja's etc. Giving a bit more diversity in gameplay and also giving some counter play to the addition of a hero to defenses. Also if two people attack your castle at the same time only one person will get the hero in their siege.

Examples of hero's

Yip - Will use cyclone when the enemy troops hit the castle wall for a certain amount of damage.
Avalon - Will fire volley when the enemy troops hit the castle / will give archers and humanoid troops more hp
Vega - Will cast favour of the sun god at the start of the battle.
Rufio - Will leap to the backline to commit suicide and give the enemy a morale boost once the enemy deals a certain amount of damage to the wall.
Virion - Gives troops a morale sheild / Legionaire troop buff / Will revive legionaires mid way through the battle.

Absolutely true!

Destination

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:25 am

Let us decide how our garrison deploys our troops yes, but putting a hero in the garrison is not a good idea and should not happen.

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:39 pm

thankyou all for the support , perhaps with enough voices heard we may get some change ... all the ideas are valid and welcome so keep em coming ..
the solution for me is gives us loadouts that it matches with garrison unit stock .. once the golds run out it uses silver etc ... maybe a couple of templates but nothing too over the top ..
simple and easy and gives the commander total control setting the loadout and supplying the units...
even giving a 1+ for support can help them see the community wants change, more ideas welcome..