Zer0C001
Knight
Knight

Re: Garrison Overhaul Needed ..

Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Personally I think garrisons should have a distinct advantage. And this can be done through research. First there needs to be a research branch that greatly reduces hero effectiveness and high lvl should reach upwards of 50% hero buff and ability effectiveness reduction. In addition there should be research to improve defenders moral or in lich case low moral and slow moral gain for enemies. Also other buffs such as enemies reduced movement speed. But I think hero abilities should be greatly nerfed when attacking garrisons.

Retreat
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Agreed, I think the prime offenders in garrisons sieges are Elena retreat and Cleo tome of creation, those two abilities severely harm the whole garrison strategy aspect of the game.

Svartalfheim
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:39 pm

This game s broken real bad.

Jikinoari
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:51 pm

There need to be done something. Bronze troops shouldnt be able to take defence of gold troops. Healing gold and building bronze (dont event saying about cost diferenc gold vs bronze) it hours vs minutes.
On my server strongest human player with bronze trops +1 lvl than ours gold defence was able to kill 12 strongest cities of my guild and lost like 10 units. I will not mention that using silvet troops vs full gold defence he lost 1 silver swordsman!!
That shouldnt be possible. I know its war game, but now its unbalance so much.
PVP
If you dont have got jacque, you always lose a fight. On my server top players now are 28 lvl castles. From the start game every pvp fight look the same : firestorm enemy jacque, he firestorm yours, whose jacque dies first that person lost a fight. Thats all pvp fight from start of server. And ofc all use bronze army, because jacque can kill alone all gold army and they are healed to long, so why waste them. I never used gold unit at pvp since start of server.
SIEDGE
I think the problem might be in auras and skills of champions during siedge. If you have got good heroes for your race (and its easy to do specialy for humans).
For exaple Avalon "Adent Aura" + Virion "Sword Mastery" = 64% more hp for your units. I will not mention that 10 command = +1% to aura buff (Rhony told that he was testin it and he is sure about that calculation) when i ask admins about it they told me that they cant say but having it a lots its powerfull. So going back to count divine champion with full card its about 75 command. So for 2 champions its +15% more hp for your swords = 79% hp more than oponent units. So your bronze troops are like silver one for free. And silver will be gold.
And there is cherry on the cake, you can use skills of heroes :) Vega heal ? I think its one of most op skill for siedge, the worst thing ist that its heal over time. I would like to know how much heal she is able to heal. 1x bronze troop hp ? 2x, 3x ? In that way i think bronze troops can be even more powerfull than gold one.
For me you need to change aura power on siedge and give Vega maybe not HoT but insta heal of some amount.
Sorry for my english i hope give some good ideas and you all will understand what im saying about :)

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:01 am

yes thankyou for the ideas, i believe the garrison bonus is ment to cancel out the aura bonus and the terrain bonus can cancel each other out aswell , leaving the only power spike from the use of the hero abilities itself... short of hero's being used in garrison defence is there any way to truely balance the numbers ? .. would buffing the garrison bonus really help .. what about a 50% boost ? would this make castles unraidable ?

Any thoughts and ideas welcome , with enough support and good ideas perhaps we can get some changes made...
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:53 am

Heroes in garrisons sounds like a bad idea. Anyone would snipe them for morale boost. You can buy hero + xp in day 1 so even if applied it will cause huge disbalance.
Main issue is with bad compositions during siege caused by cheesing defense by 2 or more players . Allowing players to choose order in which troops are placed on wall (every 42 hrs) may solve this and add new aspect.( or at least select default wall troops). But then garrisons needs to be nerfed even more and it sounds like a lot of coding too.
In this case we dont know the numbers of each troop type or upgardes Rhony had... but thats way too many archers and way too many templars. Strongest troops supposedly go in front ( and if you rushing castle thats what happens...
Possible solutions
1) Decrease hero buffs for bronze troops when sieging (all races).
2) Allow players to select waves or choose default troops on wall (every 42 hrs)
3) Nerf Jacquies, Elena , Cleo siege capabilities and boost usage of catapults...(which is not going to happen so no need to go into details).
4) Re-work those retarded land bonuses as it doesnt make sense for all dwarfs to go skarn or all lich to neferak

Any of this will be just temporary solutions (with unpredictable results) because most troops are not doing what they supposed to do in a strategy game.
Ex: Templars do not counter swordsmen ( or even priests) so it doesn't mather much if you attack with strong pikes or swords...I guess is due to coding limitations.
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

suprateja
Squire
Squire

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 am

They definitely need to do a full overhaul. I wrote to support about making my custom defence formations in garrison. They said they will look into it and thanks for the suggestion. Recently my gold troops have been crushed by an attacker who was using the same level of gold troops as me. I lost my full garrison and not even a scratch on him. I have 2 days plus worth of troops to heal. I had 4 units of lvl7 gold cavalry and 4 Units of a gold swordsman to counter his front line(Gold swordsman). But I got crushed like a bug.

I know attacker have hero advantage and will have more health but
what will it take to defend an attack like this? Do I need level 10 troops to defend against lvl7 and lvl8 troops? But it should be the other way around right?
His highest research was 69 and mine 66. My cavalry and Swordsman both have bloodlust research unlocked.
I am not saying this because I lost. My concern is why hasn't the attacker have considerable losses for attacking a good defence. My army was very good as his.

Please see my first battle in video

Croft
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:49 pm

suprateja wrote:
They definitely need to do a full overhaul. I wrote to support about making my custom defence formations in garrison. They said they will look into it and thanks for the suggestion. Recently my gold troops have been crushed by an attacker who was using the same level of gold troops as me. I lost my full garrison and not even a scratch on him. I have 2 days plus worth of troops to heal. I had 4 units of lvl7 gold cavalry and 4 Units of a gold swordsman to counter his front line(Gold swordsman). But I got crushed like a bug.

what will it take to defend an attack like this? Do I need level 10 troops to defend against lvl7 and lvl8 troops? But it should be the other way around right?
His highest research was 69 and mine 66. My cavalry and Swordsman both have bloodlust research unlocked.
I am not saying this because I lost. My concern is why hasn't the attacker have considerable losses for attacking a good defence. My army was very good as his.

Your army got crushed because your castle is Dwarf. No research bonus is applied to your Human troops which makes them basically bronze/silver troops.

Destination

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:04 pm

no research and hero bonus together is a huge advantage you normally would not have.

suprateja
Squire
Squire

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Croft wrote:
suprateja wrote:

Your army got crushed because your castle is Dwarf. No research bonus is applied to your Human troops which makes them basically bronze/silver troops.

My race is human and castle is human. I am defending an ally who is dwarf. So it should have all my researches right. When I defend an ally my resereaches will apply to garrision army or not??