Re: Garrison Overhaul Needed ..

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:30 pm

+1 on the main topic, defenses are too weak right now

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:36 am

I think that both placing a hero, or even 2 and being able to set up your formation can fix many if not all issues. It would be very effective in balancing the late game and clear up some bugs without being overpowering.

As a dwarf, biggest problem late game is not only that many units do not injure, but also that when you have a large amount of say gold mechs. because of their power, they would get deployed over other troops.... I've seen dwarf defense deploy 10-12 sets of gold mechs and close to no range/DPS aside from the 3 wall units which are insanely easy to break specifically for lich...

Lastly, I wish that developers would have a forum page or even Q&A videos on youtube where they can keep us updated on what is being worked on and give players a chance to ask questions. I know this is just a mobile game, but for the amount of money, it pulls there should be some clarity. +1 for the topic because it hits the spot with AoC.
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Croft
Knight
Knight

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 am

suprateja wrote:
Croft wrote:
suprateja wrote:
They definitely need to do a full overhaul. I wrote to support about making my custom defence formations in garrison. They said they will look into it and thanks for the suggestion. Recently my gold troops have been crushed by an attacker who was using the same level of gold troops as me. I lost my full garrison and not even a scratch on him. I have 2 days plus worth of troops to heal. I had 4 units of lvl7 gold cavalry and 4 Units of a gold swordsman to counter his front line(Gold swordsman). But I got crushed like a bug.

I know attacker have hero advantage and will have more health but
what will it take to defend an attack like this? Do I need level 10 troops to defend against lvl7 and lvl8 troops? But it should be the other way around right?
His highest research was 69 and mine 66. My cavalry and Swordsman both have bloodlust research unlocked.
I am not saying this because I lost. My concern is why hasn't the attacker have considerable losses for attacking a good defence. My army was very good as his.

Please see my first battle in video

Your army got crushed because your castle is Dwarf. No research bonus is applied to your Human troops which makes them basically bronze/silver troops.

My race is human and castle is human. I am defending an ally who is dwarf. So it should have all my researches right. When I defend an ally my resereaches will apply to garrision army or not??

Ah, sorry. You are correct it should keep all your research when you defend an ally. I did notice the attacker cast Viron rez at the very end, maybe that's why he lost so few troops.

suprateja
Squire
Squire

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:12 am

Croft wrote:
suprateja wrote:
Croft wrote:

Your army got crushed because your castle is Dwarf. No research bonus is applied to your Human troops which makes them basically bronze/silverress.

My race is human and castle is human. I am defending an ally who is dwarf. So it should have all my researches right. When I defend an ally my resereaches will apply to garrision army or not??

Ah, sorry. You are correct it should keep all your research when you defend an ally. I did notice the attacker cast Viron rez at the very end, maybe that's why he lost so few troops.

Yes he casted resurrection at end. His skill is 3/4. That means he can revive only 25 swordsman. But what I was wondering is I have 4 units if gold cavalry of same level which is a counter for swordsman. So with that much gold army I was able kill only 25 swordsman and he got them? What is the use of gold cavalry charge then if they cannot atleast wipe atleast 25% of gold swordsman in each unit. What are the use if gold archers. Troops in the wall should attack ranged units of the attackers then it will be more balanced.

DeLoungville
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:27 pm

Is there anything new on this subject? My garrison keeps deploying moronic formations, only deploying swords and archers, when there also are golden priestesses and and horses. It's getting frustrating.

Also, I've defended someone and my research got cancelled on defense. I deployed raw troops without research :(

Destination

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:48 pm

The research bug is already reported to the devs. But there is nothing new on custom formations or anything like that.

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:25 pm

+1

Love the idea of being able to make your own formations for defense.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 am

is lilith even aware of the problem (garrisons being too weak, close to useless) - I mean is it intended to be like this or is this being worked on in any way ... I mean where is the fooking communication with players?

why is there a mod here, if he/she isnt supported by lilith with good information to be able to deliver to the players ... I mean yeah I see it often enough, companies have customer "support" but dont empower those people so that they can deliver good customer service - they are merely scape goats and bumpers for the players rage ...

... just stupid ... that kind of customer service is useless and only adds to the rage of the customers - its counter productive.

its not that we want to tell lilith how to design their game, but it would be cool to know what is intended, what will be fixed and what is in the pipeline, then it would be good to be able to test the stuff BEFORE it goes live and have influence in the design process in the form of feedback that is actually read and commented by lilith staff ...

in the end its OUR money that keeps lilith going - no payments from players = no lilith company anymore ...

Destination

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:27 am

I think it is a good thing overall that garrisons are broken as easy as know. Though maybe it is a little bit TOO easy..
But overall that leads to a more active gameplay. It is boring not being able to attack anything because you dont have a chance to kill stuff. And with the new rule that you can only plunder 20% it does not hurt that much if you get burned down(obviously not the case for your server...). Additionally the guard tower help you recover really fast.

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:57 am

There are 2 separate discussions to be had here. There is a general issue with how easy garrisons are to break and a more specific issue with how humans with virion and seraph can suffer no losses whatsoever no matter what garrison they go up against.

The first issue can be frustrating for some but can make the game more fun depending on how you play.

The second issue is a complete game imbalance that should have been fixed months ago.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf