Sopoke
Squire
Squire

The features that this game needs

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:34 am

Every change for a long time now has focused on making the strong stronger, it's the same with the competitions and the new chests.
Exception: Opening the void for people in capitol, that is a GOOD change.

Dear Lilith, as someone who has spent more than I can afford on this game, I encourage you to consider the following:

[list=]
Currently the non-dominant kingdoms have no chance at all. First you limited robbing to 16 carts, now you removed any chance of robbing they have at all. No enemy city lasts more than a few minutes on our server. This removes any chance at come back entirely for the weak kingdoms.
Migration is harmful to the game, people's accounts should be reset to lvl 1 if migrating, or you should lock major kingdoms for 1 whole week after having been the biggest and losing this status.
The new revenge feature is harmful to the game as it only hurts the weak. Revenging must be rolled back to staying within your house only.
You need to add features to give weak kingdoms a chance to grow their cities. Open up all mines and ruins to all players and let the advantage of owning land be limited to movement speed and 100% healing, this should give weaker kingdom a comeback opportunity.
You need to stop giving everyone millions of resources through events, make resources a scarcity worth fighting for.
You need to balance the fighting mechanisms so that in-pvp-fight tactics and strategy have a meaning.
Heroes ability points need to count less, along with troop levels.
You need to fix garrison layout/formation so that archers do not appear in front. And deadeyes should be reserved for wall spots if enough tank troops exist.
[/list]

The point of making these changes is:
- you have to make changes that do not force the players in non-dominant kingdoms to quit. You are actively killing your player base. Why?

SantosXen
Squire
Squire

Re: The features that this game needs

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 am

Bump

I havent spent any money into that game after yellow took our whole map. I don't really see any reason to invest money. No war, no fun. Stronger players became more stronger? Why should i even spend money for patron and wait 6 months for a merge which - in best cause - gives me 2 weeks of fun? No reason lol.
"SantosXen l REDF" | REDF FACTION | Dwarf Level 24 | 1072 Brakken

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 am

Sopoke wrote:
Every change for a long time now has focused on making the strong stronger, it's the same with the competitions and the new chests.

Dear Lilith, as someone who has spent more than I can afford on this game, I encourage you to consider the following:

[list=]
Currently the non-dominant kingdoms have no chance at all. First you limited robbing to 16 carts, now you removed any chance of robbing they have at all. No enemy city lasts more than a few minutes on our server. This removes any chance at come back entirely for the weak kingdoms.
Migration is harmful to the game, people's accounts should be reset to lvl 1 if migrating, or you should lock major kingdoms for 1 whole week after having been the biggest and losing this status.
The new revenge feature is harmful to the game as it only hurts the weak. Revenging must be rolled back to staying within your house only.
You need to add features to give weak kingdoms a chance to grow their cities. Open up all mines and ruins to all players and let the advantage of owning land be limited to movement speed and 100% healing, this should give weaker kingdom a comeback opportunity.
You need to stop giving everyone millions of resources through events, make resources a scarcity worth fighting for.
You need to balance the fighting mechanisms so that in-pvp-fight tactics and strategy have a meaning.
You need to fix garrison layout/formation so that archers do not appear in front. And deadeyes should be reserved for wall spots if enough tank troops exist.
[/list]

- you have to make changes that do not force the players in non-dominant kingdoms to quit. You are actively killing your player base. Why?

I very much agree with what you have written in general but disagree on some points. Not all of the events just made the strong players stronger - the Christmas present event was actually a good way for lots of players to gather resources and required time more then anything - the next event sounds like it is more like this as well.

The rob limit and now this revenge problem are symptoms of a much bigger problem that Lilith currently have with regards to changing how the game works. It is also related to the problem with Jacques right now. This problem is that they MASSIVELY listen to players who have spent lots of money on the game more then they listen to the general population - even if they have spent some. The gold vip chat rooms that these players get is where Lilith got this feedback - a lot of these whales have won their servers and don't want to have to fight anymore until merge. The problem is that if Lilith listen to hard to these players everyone else will leave the game and then these whales will sit alone with their big castles and no one to play with.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Niquette
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:02 pm

+1000
Server 38
Rakan

Sopoke
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
Sopoke wrote:

[list=]
[/list]

I very much agree with what you have written in general but disagree on some points. Not all of the events just made the strong players stronger - the Christmas present event was actually a good way for lots of players to gather resources and required time more then anything - the next event sounds like it is more like this as well.

The rob limit and now this revenge problem are symptoms of a much bigger problem that Lilith currently have with regards to changing how the game works. It is also related to the problem with Jacques right now. This problem is that they MASSIVELY listen to players who have spent lots of money on the game more then they listen to the general population - even if they have spent some. The gold vip chat rooms that these players get is where Lilith got this feedback - a lot of these whales have won their servers and don't want to have to fight anymore until merge. The problem is that if Lilith listen to hard to these players everyone else will leave the game and then these whales will sit alone with their big castles and no one to play with.

You're right that the Christmas XP event was balanced as such more than the others, except that other kingdoms couldnt safely farm because they have no land to do it safely on.

Excision
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 pm

+1 Sopoke. Well said, good suggestions

Parker612
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:24 pm

very good suggestions, Sopoke. Agree with you

Phoreus
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
Sopoke wrote:

[list=]
[/list]

Yes you are right, those recent changes are implying this game is going downhill instead of improving for the better. I wondered what they're thinking when they approved of these changes.

DeLoungville
Knight
Knight

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Not agreeing on everything, but well +1 ;)

Fliptality
Knight
Knight

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm

SantosXen wrote:
Bump

I havent spent any money into that game after yellow took our whole map. I don't really see any reason to invest money. No war, no fun. Stronger players became more stronger? Why should i even spend money for patron and wait 6 months for a merge which - in best cause - gives me 2 weeks of fun? No reason lol.

same here. I only bought the first month of Patron and quickly realised that there is no point in spending more money, when the server dies after 3-5 weeks anyway.