Bozarius
Squire
Squire

Build Prosperity Event? Castle Upgrade no reward?

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:09 pm

So we are starting these events now. Which is good.
Not all are done good (like wood, cannot loot from players, but can buy in store? lol p2w contest now)

But now build / prosperity contest.

It was announced, so i think. Lets time my Castle build. Most wood needed, longest build time. For sure gives most prosperity.
But people tell me, Castle does not give prosperity ?!?!

So i am screwed, and many many others with same idea.

But main problem is: This game is lacking sooo much info.
It does not show how much prosperity something gives.
It did not say no wood from siege doesnt count.

And now, those who did all they can to prepare.. loose out.

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Re: Build Prosperity Event? Castle Upgrade no reward?

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Well, for starters, the wood event surely said plundering doesn't count.
If someone bought wood for linari to win this....well....ok

I too didn't realize castle didn't give prosperity.... never payed attention to prosperity anyway :)

I am actually curious if there is a list/table for prosperity given per building.... is prosperity based on time to build? On lumber? Building level? A mix of all?

Destination

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Maebius wrote:
Well, for starters, the wood event surely said plundering doesn't count.
If someone bought wood for linari to win this....well....ok

I too didn't realize castle didn't give prosperity.... never payed attention to prosperity anyway :)

I am actually curious if there is a list/table for prosperity given per building.... is prosperity based on time to build? On lumber? Building level? A mix of all?

Time to build and lumber is already connected.
But if you have more of these you get more points yes.

OneWorld
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:22 pm

The wood event u could get wood from void i got 600k in void and 300k opening chest . I am not a p2w player havent even got patron . Well the properties event im done for 0 reward since the castles are 8-10 day long and u still get nothing.

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 pm

[quote="Destination]Time to build and lumber is already connected.
But if you have more of these you get more points yes.[/quote]
Yes but there are buildings that (I think) have relatively low lumber cost (like walls) compared to their build time so I was wondering if there is table to min/max it :)

Bozarius
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:28 pm

OneWorld wrote:
The wood event u could get wood from void i got 600k in void and 300k opening chest . I am not a p2w player havent even got patron . Well the properties event im done for 0 reward since the castles are 8-10 day long and u still get nothing.

Shop buy wood for gold, is random.
Void stores give wood, is random.
Siege wood does not count.

So basically event is part luck, part buy.

What is the use of an event, if there really is no skill / effort involved from players? And it all comes down to spending money or pure luck.
Might as well just put chests for sale in shop then no?

Spawn
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Bozarius wrote:
OneWorld wrote:

What is the use of an event, if there really is no skill / effort involved from players? And it all comes down to spending money or pure luck.

I don't really get what you are complaining about... some of the other events were really competitive and fun (Christmas timing event / honor event) while others are more luck based, but the devs weren't really under any obligation to do events in the first place. I finished top 3 Nore in the timing and honor ones, but am not even top 20 in the lumber or prosperity ones - I feel that is ok though, since we got a free 30% bonus lumber and 10% building boost for a few days. Even if you don't finish at the top for the events, some of the boosts that you get are really really good. Overall we did not have the same player winning Rank 1 in all of the events because it was a combination of skill / power / luck / money which sounds like a fair distribution to me.

Zatarot
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Plundered did count btw

Bozarius
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Spawn wrote:
Bozarius wrote:
OneWorld wrote:

I don't really get what you are complaining about... some of the other events were really competitive and fun (Christmas timing event / honor event) while others are more luck based, but the devs weren't really under any obligation to do events in the first place. I finished top 3 Nore in the timing and honor ones, but am not even top 20 in the lumber or prosperity ones - I feel that is ok though, since we got a free 30% bonus lumber and 10% building boost for a few days. Even if you don't finish at the top for the events, some of the boosts that you get are really really good. Overall we did not have the same player winning Rank 1 in all of the events because it was a combination of skill / power / luck / money which sounds like a fair distribution to me.

Stating i can not say something because they are not obligated to do something to start with?

I really appreciate the events. i am happy they implement new stuff. But if its flawed i mention.
The wood gathering, and all the gathering ones.

If sieging people does not count. and scores are purely based on luck from shops, and spend money in store. How is that an event?
It is like training for 100m dash, and allow people with money to buy a headstart. No more skill involved, no more effort involed. Its money and luck.

Spawn
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Yes totally agree, the resource collection ones are mostly about who can spend more. But to expand on the example you gave above, think of it like they organised 10 races... some of which can only be won by skill, others only by advance planning and some allows people to buy a headstart. There are a lot of different people who play the game, some invest a lot of time and some like to spend a lot of money to get ahead - the devs are trying to make events to cater to different profiles. So each to his own and that is ultimately the use of this event (your original question). Of course you have a right to share your views, I'm just sharing mine - i feel its good that i got to compete in about half of the events. The ones I missed out basically gave rewards which we wouldnt have had anyway so nothing lost, maybe its just a glass half full vs glass half empty kind of thing. :)