More and more the game is becoming tilted towards whichever realm is winning. Being able to migrate and getting advisorships in lower-populated realms doesn't do enough to alleviate the utter destruction that higher pop realms can reign on attackers from low-pop realms. Compound that with higher-pop realms having more access to dungeons and mines and not only is the low-pop realm struggling to attack anyone, their very progression is castrated.
It's getting to the point that the game is becoming laughable to play on a low-pop realm.
Major issues with current features:
1) Revenge feature is shite. It needs to either go entirely or be reworked to only allow the person attacked to revenge - NO sharing. As it stands now it allows high pop realms to zerg down low pop attackers who dare risk to advance themselves.
2) Either experience gain for heroes in low-pop realms needs a MAJOR boost or it needs to be changed so that ALL dungeons are always available to ALL realms. Just make resource nodes limited by territory controlled. Whichever the solution, let low-pop realms at least level up their heroes at the same rate as high-pop realms that own 80%+ of most servers' territories.
3) Now that players have to be in a city to rob carts, remove the 15 cart limitation.
4) It's almost impossible to get enough recovery potions and energy potions against high-pop realms on low-pop realms. Witch potion shops being one of the only reliable ways to get enough potions just lets the high population realm win more easily by controlling these. Need to figure out a better/new mechanic here entirely. The Void/Store isn't the answer either. Letting everyone have access to all dungeons might help with recovery potion supply at least.
New ideas that could also help:
1) Add DISincentives for high pop realm players to stay on the winning side. If a realm owns X% of a server's territories, they get reduced honor/resource gain from plunders. You've tried giving low-pop realms incentives so people migrate to them with advisorsships and the like but a) the incentives aren't strong enough and b) the people that stay and play farmville on the high-pop realm still come out way ahead.
2) Major bonuses to underpop realms to help rebalance things: faster build/research times, faster troop healing, or lower rare resource costs on units. Something. Not saying double the rates or anything, but make it so that low pop realm players who are taking much more risks can get back into the fights faster or progress (slightly) faster.
If you guys want the game to be more dynamic, the easiest thing to do would be just make it less painful to lose. Right now the game is so punishing (part of what makes it fun, don't get me wrong) but it also makes the game super static. There should probably be a general reduction in hospital times again and probably some additional research added for it. Other than that and the issues mentioned above, it can still be a fun game