Gor
Squire
Squire

Underpop Realms Need Something More

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:22 am

More and more the game is becoming tilted towards whichever realm is winning. Being able to migrate and getting advisorships in lower-populated realms doesn't do enough to alleviate the utter destruction that higher pop realms can reign on attackers from low-pop realms. Compound that with higher-pop realms having more access to dungeons and mines and not only is the low-pop realm struggling to attack anyone, their very progression is castrated.

It's getting to the point that the game is becoming laughable to play on a low-pop realm.

Major issues with current features:

1) Revenge feature is shite. It needs to either go entirely or be reworked to only allow the person attacked to revenge - NO sharing. As it stands now it allows high pop realms to zerg down low pop attackers who dare risk to advance themselves.
2) Either experience gain for heroes in low-pop realms needs a MAJOR boost or it needs to be changed so that ALL dungeons are always available to ALL realms. Just make resource nodes limited by territory controlled. Whichever the solution, let low-pop realms at least level up their heroes at the same rate as high-pop realms that own 80%+ of most servers' territories.
3) Now that players have to be in a city to rob carts, remove the 15 cart limitation.
4) It's almost impossible to get enough recovery potions and energy potions against high-pop realms on low-pop realms. Witch potion shops being one of the only reliable ways to get enough potions just lets the high population realm win more easily by controlling these. Need to figure out a better/new mechanic here entirely. The Void/Store isn't the answer either. Letting everyone have access to all dungeons might help with recovery potion supply at least.

New ideas that could also help:

1) Add DISincentives for high pop realm players to stay on the winning side. If a realm owns X% of a server's territories, they get reduced honor/resource gain from plunders. You've tried giving low-pop realms incentives so people migrate to them with advisorsships and the like but a) the incentives aren't strong enough and b) the people that stay and play farmville on the high-pop realm still come out way ahead.
2) Major bonuses to underpop realms to help rebalance things: faster build/research times, faster troop healing, or lower rare resource costs on units. Something. Not saying double the rates or anything, but make it so that low pop realm players who are taking much more risks can get back into the fights faster or progress (slightly) faster.

If you guys want the game to be more dynamic, the easiest thing to do would be just make it less painful to lose. Right now the game is so punishing (part of what makes it fun, don't get me wrong) but it also makes the game super static. There should probably be a general reduction in hospital times again and probably some additional research added for it. Other than that and the issues mentioned above, it can still be a fun game :)
Last edited by Gor on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gor
Squire
Squire

Re: Underpop Realms Need Something More

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:29 am

double post, sorry.

Renkuudan
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 am

Definitely agree to an extent, maybe not on lairs being a worldwide thing, mainly because that ruins the point of a lot of cities, but weaker kingdoms should def be given something, like faster build times or more honor. Makes more sense honor wise for the smaller kingdom to celebrate more over a big victory than the alrdy dominating kingdom.
Server 41

Dwarf

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 am

with all the new changes and towers etc taking and holding a city is no longer a trivial feat especially in the early to mid game .. this on new servers will help 'balance' things for alot longer taking alot more investment of resources to take down long term cities with many towers...
the migration also got a tweak with power being used instead of city count. all the long term servers will merge eventually and basically restart with these same new conditions.
So basically give it a chance .. once we get the merge and or starting a new server, now should play out differently than previous experiences with so many changes in such a short period of time ..
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:13 am

Game is designd to grab your money first 3-5 days. Nobody in lilith studio cares what will happen afterwards. They have also added enough mechanics for players to control the realm future. If cashcows on your server are dumb enough to shorten its life then just join them in farming simulator or move on to another servers.

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
Game is designd to grab your money first 3-5 days. Nobody in lilith studio cares what will happen afterwards. They have also added enough mechanics for players to control the realm future. If cashcows on your server are dumb enough to shorten its life then just join them in farming simulator or move on to another servers.

Someone sounds upset because they are bad at the game.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Dude stop stalking me...
There are plenty of videos showing current state of your realm plus i come to check from time to time.
I would love to hear more oppinions from Skarn players here and how are updates helpful for them :D
I play games since karateka on ms dos btw.

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
Dude stop stalking me...
There are plenty of videos showing current state of your realm plus i come to check from time to time.
I would love to hear more oppinions from Skarn players here and how are updates helpful for them :D
I play games since karateka on ms dos btw.

Cool - i am a skarn player - these updates have been great for me.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Renkuudan
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:

+1
Server 41

Dwarf

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Renkuudan wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:

+1