sponkss
Knight
Knight

My thoughts on the siege event

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 pm

This event is killing this game.

For me we play on a server where the average castle level is around 18-19, giant cities are soon to be taken. I play on a western server, which means very little population but also less racist gameplay. The consequences of this event are already getting nasty: Everyone is sieging for the ranking, sending players to capital non stop. This will cause many starting and newer players to quit the game. Events should be fun things, not encouraging to send people to capital when we all know a garrison will never stop a player that really wants to get through it.

My total feedback on these back to back events: this is really stressful. It was cool on the first couple of events, but this is too much. It would be better to have 1 event in the weekend, and downtime during the week for example. Me and alot of players in my house share the opinion that the rate of events beforehand (double rss, void cd etc) were much more relax and we enjoyed the game alot more.

Gor
Squire
Squire

Re: My thoughts on the siege event

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:25 pm

+1

Also the rate at which a wall heals is at asinine levels. 20 days for a level 19 wall to heal from 0 to full? What the... ______ are the devs thinking with some of these things?

Mac
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 am

This is a war game. I love encouragement to battle. You also don’t have to engage in every event.

The events are for those of us that play regularly. I don’t win every event but the extra bonuses are great.
Main Server 113: Chromius
Faction: Athaly

Gor
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:57 am

Mac wrote:
This is a war game. I love encouragement to battle. You also don’t have to engage in every event.

The events are for those of us that play regularly. I don’t win every event but the extra bonuses are great.

I play all of the time too.

The problem is if you do lose you're just out of commission for way too long. And there is a burn out that will happen if these events keep up at this pace.

Renkuudan
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 am

The walls being out for a while does suck. Its always 21 days no matter what lvl you are
Server 41

Dwarf

sponkss
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:52 am

I dont mind a wargame either I'm probably in the top5 strongest of our server right now in terms of duelling, and first in honor gained. But people made 3-4 gold cannons for this event, with the meaning of sending every player to capital. This cannot be what a event should cause. Because on a newer server like mine, 25% of players would quit when sent to capital. and the server already is underpopulated.

Zer0C001
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:06 pm

I agree this event is dumb. Only benefits those with lots of alts for gold siege. But its stupid because it kills off so many potential loot targets for nothing. And all it really amounts to is in older realms people with the most alts attacking them and in newer realms uses up the little stam you have. But i guess it helps the players who have not been super active so have lots of stam lying around so thats a +. What I don't understand is why it has so many more chests then the previous events?