LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Re: Watching the Server Merger From 64

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:18 am

Kennan wrote:
Sorry folks.. did non of you read the merger rules ? we all know how this worked! becouse 90% of the servers is the same kingdom.. they CANT MERGE ALL TO THE SAME KINGDOM!

Oh I read the rules... And then right away started asking questions about ‘mums the word’ on what “default kingdom” means. I wasn’t getting clear answers. The explanation was so incredibly vague, it was less clear than mud.

People needed warning signs on this rule change with giant flashing lights. Not spelling it out in crayon for people was a ball drop on the dev part, not players.

Our merger hasn’t happened yet. Our players are already bracing for this none sense. We fully intend to give leaderships to alts, all choose our kingdom we came from, and start over the house if we need to.

Why devs thought players who felt at ‘home’ in one color, would suddenly be okay being sent to a different color makes me face palm.
LightStorm

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 am

I didn't read it much and happend to be house leader at the time of merge. It did not ask about default color ... game just started in another color. I agree with Light that description was vague.
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:53 am

It's fun listening to everyone bitch and complain... At the end of the day, if you didn't understand the patch notes, all you had to do is ask and you would have received an answer! Maybe post a topic on the forum and I can guarantee someone will explain it to you within a day... I was not even part of the merge process and I had the understanding of how it works exactly as the Devs intended by reading notes, funny how that works ha? I ACTUALLY READ THE NOTES, Magic :D
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:40 pm

I am not sure why you have an opinion on something you never tested. Read patch notes all you want but it was just randomized a bit and not everybody knew what the forced color will be or even allowed to choose one .(So most houses without intel or outside chat app were separated) . As someone not affected at all i would say its a good change... well unless you had stacked lvl 40s team ready to blow things up. It will slow down fights a bit untill groups get organized...
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
I am not sure why you have an opinion on something you never tested. Read patch notes all you want but it was just randomized a bit and not everybody knew what the forced color will be or even allowed to choose one .(So most houses without intel or outside chat app were separated) . As someone not affected at all i would say its a good change... well unless you had stacked lvl 40s team ready to blow things up. It will slow down fights a bit untill groups get organized...

I do have a 200k account that I keep up with... I may not be one of the top players on that server but I made damn sure I was with my house after it merged. Regardless if I play on the server or not, I knew how the mechanics will work and you didn't... Whos fault is that again? You guys are hilarious. :)
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:21 pm

I also have casual 200k account and know how it works. But not everyone is glued to this game 24/7 like you deciphering vague patch notes. You seem quite proud of insulting people over it.

Kennan
Baron
Baron

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:20 pm

again.. if the leader of a house didnt understand how it works... well done! if some of the members didnt understand, might be the leader didnt make sure they do understand how it works. well done!
when a house lord enter the merge. he had only one choice, thats it.
and then all house member joined. they clearly had the map in front of them. and a kingdom selected as "RECOMMENDED" and on the right side over the ENTER button it says "something about your house member should be here"
I'm just a professional.. so let's have a map refresh each 8 week!
Server 56
"lets NERF NERF NERF! Everything is OP OP OP !"

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 pm

People complain about the game turning into farmville. Devs impliment a change making all kingdoms start equal and change the migration rules to encourage combat. People complain that they cant be safe and make a farmville server. Facepalm.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Retreat
Knight
Knight

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 pm

reducing migrations to just the last three kingdoms based off of the TOTAL POWER of players who logged in the past week , not this idiotic power ranking we have right now , would have solved these "issues" and allowed for more normalized migrations

likewise limiting alliances to houses only and having a hardcap on the number of alliances a house could keep would solve the pvp issues , third , these superior alliances should prevent all forms of hostility , including the silly cart robberies and lastly , the top power houses should not be allowed to ally themselves

regarding the dev's efforts to migrate players out of strong realms , the most elegant solution would be to force migrate entire nations , with their king being allowed to veto the migration at a cost ( slower clear of fog for the players in his nation once migrated is an example off the top of my head)
Last edited by Retreat on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix64
Squire
Squire

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
People complain about the game turning into farmville. Devs impliment a change making all kingdoms start equal and change the migration rules to encourage combat. People complain that they cant be safe and make a farmville server. Facepalm.

We're not complaining that we can't be safe and make a farmville server, we're complaining that the devs were so extremely vague about large changes right before a merge and we're complaining that we could not coordinate as a result and now are in separate kingdoms of our choosing, with many houses and alliances scattered across the map. You know what we're complaining about. I know you know what we're complaining about. You know that too.

And so unless you just want to insult us to make yourself feel better about yourself, why are you using such a blatant straw man argument that everyone here who has any awareness of the situation already knows is false? Surely you're aware of this. Are you just not experiencing this and you want us to feel bad to puff yourself up, or am I hugely mistaken in my beliefs and you just genuinely don't know what's going on with the servers and why so many people are so unhappy about it?

I thought the original thread post was clear enough describing the problem, but if you think it'd help I could try to explain it to you as well.