Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:06 am

BoKnows wrote:
Umm, guard towers make rare resources way easier to get so permadeath isn't quite as big an issue anymore for anyone but it helps dwarf the most. Some kind of salvage mechanism is probably fair but garrison defenses are all breakable and that's really the main issue. At equal level, an attacker with decent heroes can break all gold defense with bronze so no point in stocking gold mechs on wall and engineers are not as good as spiders but no worse than human front line units for wall if fully researched. Everyone has bad matchups and dwarf lines up well against just about everyone till very late game anyway, at which point you should have built up a huge lead thanks to huge advantage in void and punishing deadeyes that deter attackers. It looks like the next patch is going to let you swap units when you change races so feel free to see what it's like with other races if you really think dwarf is at a disadvantage late game

If you think Dwarves can break equal level/research human garrisons on grassland in a reasonable capacity, you are mistaken. I can provide many videos that show the contrary.

Breaking equally researched typical gold defenses with bronze units for anyone requires an almost unrealistic amount of healthpots and boost or people. Silver armies with high injury rating are a good way to whittle down a defense, but only if you are human of course - dwarf's silver frontline is inadequate or mech.

Regarding race switch, I don't suspect them to include garrison units. And if they do, people who exploited resurrections during the events will have garrisons full of lvl 15 golds of their races choosing, which would be a shocking oversight from Lilith.

In regards to your opinion about miners, what I said at the start of OP is all that needs to be said. What you suggest is ignorant beyond warranting additional response.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:19 am

Behindtheed wrote:

Regarding race switch, I don't suspect them to include garrison units. And if they do, people who exploited resurrections during the events will have garrisons full of lvl 15 golds of their races choosing, which would be a shocking oversight from Lilith.

They are allowing garrison conversions, but skeletons cannot convert, only non-resurrectable units, so scorpions, spiders and mummies.

Jikinoari
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 pm

I spoke yesturday with admins and they are planing some changes with Gaffar. For me his ulti compare to Virion 1st skill is some kind of joke. Specialy when gaffar ulti need stamina, and Virion just need 1 abbility points (and its passive) and its making him now best front line tank and 100% chance to be able to ressurect swords. I think now humans are dooing so good vs dwarfs defence because head shot cant kill virion. Hope they will switch that skill so Gaffar ulti will work like Virion.

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Jikinoari wrote:
I spoke yesturday with admins and they are planing some changes with Gaffar. For me his ulti compare to Virion 1st skill is some kind of joke. Specialy when gaffar ulti need stamina, and Virion just need 1 abbility points (and its passive) and its making him now best front line tank and 100% chance to be able to ressurect swords. I think now humans are dooing so good vs dwarfs defence because head shot cant kill virion. Hope they will switch that skill so Gaffar ulti will work like Virion.

They would need to change the scaling with stamina, and potency of his heal for it to make a difference. Or give him a res or something.

Gafgar's passive is good, but his heal is simply not good enough.

Jikinoari
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Behindtheed wrote:
They would need to change the scaling with stamina, and potency of his heal for it to make a difference. Or give him a res or something.

Passive is similar to other champions, im saying his ultimate is usles.

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:42 pm

Jikinoari wrote:
Behindtheed wrote:

Passive is similar to other champions, im saying his ultimate is usles.

The reason virion's shield is so relevant to humans, is because it allows him to stay alive to use important abilities.

Making gafgar more tanky just increases his appeal to every race. Doesn't really fix the problem of dwarves.

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Jikinoari wrote:

This is exactly the type of buff Dwarf needs that dosnt make them broke.

Buff temporary repair so that the amount healed per second increases per level and make Gafgars ult act as a support skill for mechs as well.

This way Dwarfs are strong in attack and duels but still have the weakness of a garrison that can die.

+1 to you dude.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:17 am

Don’t have time to post a long message right now but: what about making mechs 100% repairable(with say 30-50% slower repair) on garrison for free and 80-90-100% repairable in your army for say 10% of their cost in rare resources. Spending 20-30 mithril to heal a mech is not game breaking in any way in my opinion, make that 100-150 for entire pack of silver t12-13 units.

Haven’t had a chance to read the whole tread and this is just an idea. But if you think about it, say you lose 20 siilver mechs in a duel and it would take about 400-500 mithril to repair instead on 4-5k to rebuild
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Nox
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:54 am

Although the complete destruction of Mech units is painful I don’t think they should be repairable like humanoid units. I would make Mech units repairable but at 10 - 20% of their manufactured cost after all a destroyed Mech unit doesn’t disappear at the end of a battle it just needs to be recycled.
For example a tank that cost 2500 gold and 600 rubies to build is destroyed in battle it would cost 250 gold and 60 rubies to repair.

Thoughts?

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 am

Repair with less cost is actually a good idea and would be the best resolution.
What we will get is:
Humans, Rakkans with high injury rate;
Lich with resurrection ability;
And dwarf with repair ability.

Which would be perfectly balanced, just need to think about the price of it.

Yesterday I had a fight where I lost 5 gold mechs and 15 silver, in total of 7000 mithrill.
I said to this guy, that it was a good fight.
But it was not, because I don't really have any more desire to do pvp and either switch to another race, or will just never fight again.
That DOES not cost 7000 mithrill. Not with the rare res income that is currently introduced.
94 Culwood
Castle 40, Void - 100 all perfect
House: Icarum, Gods of War