User avatar
Mithica
Baron
Baron
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:59 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:24 am

Nox wrote:
Although the complete destruction of Mech units is painful I don’t think they should be repairable like humanoid units. I would make Mech units repairable but at 10 - 20% of their manufactured cost after all a destroyed Mech unit doesn’t disappear at the end of a battle it just needs to be recycled.
For example a tank that cost 2500 gold and 600 rubies to build is destroyed in battle it would cost 250 gold and 60 rubies to repair.

Thoughts?


You literally wrote the same thing that I wrote right above you....
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
 
User avatar
Chillblaze
Baron
Baron
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:16 am

PrinceCharming wrote:

Yesterday I had a fight where I lost 5 gold mechs and 15 silver, in total of 7000 mithrill.
I said to this guy, that it was a good fight.
But it was not, because I don't really have any more desire to do pvp and either switch to another race, or will just never fight again.


With so much loot in guard towers right now you should be able to replenish those in few days. With so many paid heroes it shouldnt be a problem for you to break open few towers. Dwarf is obviously not a pvp race yet you still won. 10% return on garrison casualties seems ok . But to see bunch of spenders with paid heroes whining about not beign invincible after they win pvp is too much.
 
User avatar
Mithica
Baron
Baron
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:59 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Might I also say, since I don’t think anyone brought it up, Virions resurrection now goes to lvl 5 plus one from item level 6(40 resurrected swordsmen) this thing is getting ridiculous. :mrgreen:
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
 
User avatar
FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Mithica wrote:
Might I also say, since I don’t think anyone brought it up, Virions resurrection now goes to lvl 5 plus one from item level 6(40 resurrected swordsmen) this thing is getting ridiculous. :mrgreen:


No, I feel like ridiculous is Elena unlocks lvl 9 Ready and Willing when she's lvl 50.
 
Behindtheed
Knight
Knight
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
PrinceCharming wrote:

Yesterday I had a fight where I lost 5 gold mechs and 15 silver, in total of 7000 mithrill.
I said to this guy, that it was a good fight.
But it was not, because I don't really have any more desire to do pvp and either switch to another race, or will just never fight again.


With so much loot in guard towers right now you should be able to replenish those in few days. With so many paid heroes it shouldnt be a problem for you to break open few towers. Dwarf is obviously not a pvp race yet you still won. 10% return on garrison casualties seems ok . But to see bunch of spenders with paid heroes whining about not beign invincible after they win pvp is too much.


This is such a fallacy of logic. If you lose a lot more resources than everyone else, without returns that make up for it, it doesn't matter how many resources there are floating around. It's a disadvantage. If he lost 5 gold and 15 silver at lvl 40, that is over 10k mithril. If his garrison is attacked, and he loses mechs it's probably 50k+ rares depending how good it is.

Silver and gold mechs do not break human garrisons effectively at equal level and research, it's not a loss vs reward thing, you simply need to borrow units of a different race to have a chance. Merged servers have 20% plunder..the opponent would need to have several 100k's of rares to make waving with mech armies wiping worth it.

So how does he replenish 60k rares from the capital in a couple days because his army and garrison is dead? Answer that people do: quit the game
 
User avatar
PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
PrinceCharming wrote:

Yesterday I had a fight where I lost 5 gold mechs and 15 silver, in total of 7000 mithrill.
I said to this guy, that it was a good fight.
But it was not, because I don't really have any more desire to do pvp and either switch to another race, or will just never fight again.


With so much loot in guard towers right now you should be able to replenish those in few days. With so many paid heroes it shouldnt be a problem for you to break open few towers. Dwarf is obviously not a pvp race yet you still won. 10% return on garrison casualties seems ok . But to see bunch of spenders with paid heroes whining about not beign invincible after they win pvp is too much.

Your comment doesn't even make 1% of sense, so I won't bother commenting.
lol
94 Culwood
Castle 39, Void - 88 finished
All heroes except Wraxius.
 
Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:29 pm

As a dwarf main from the launch of the game I gotta disagree with most of this. While permanent death sucks I personally would much rather keep the mechs the way they are now because if perma death is removed they will undoubtedly nerf them. Sure before the addition of the void and every other rss event I would have agreed 100%, a loss back then would cripple you. Now however I have so many silver mechs banked that in the event that I actually lose a pvp fight (very rare, dwarf are OP and most people are afraid to commit anything but bronze+jacques) I have a fresh set ready to go and I start building my bank back up.

I think the two biggest problems most dwarf players run into are,

1-Focusing their golds 100% bombadier's. I see this way to often and it's just stupid. You NEED deadeyes in the late game.

2-Bad resource management and risk vs reward pillaging. I see so many people pillaging garrisons and net less rss than farming a random map camp would give them.

So with all that being said they do need to take a look at tanks. They are garbage, useless after ammo runs out, cost a lot and perma death. I'd also like to see miners made somewhat useful.
 
Jikinoari
Knight
Knight
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:18 pm

Hoffman72510 wrote:
So with all that being said they do need to take a look at tanks. They are garbage, useless after ammo runs out, cost a lot and perma death. I'd also like to see miners made somewhat useful.


True, not to mention that miners are only unit that when go from silver to gold dont get any bonnus. Event dont lose morale would be great but they dont get anything.

Or maybe we can make something crazy, maybe if you have got technicans / engineer in your army they will repair some of destroyed mechs/tanks ? I think it would be nice skill for them.
 
User avatar
Kryton13
Baron
Baron
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:09 am

Jikinoari wrote:
Hoffman72510 wrote:
So with all that being said they do need to take a look at tanks. They are garbage, useless after ammo runs out, cost a lot and perma death. I'd also like to see miners made somewhat useful.


True, not to mention that miners are only unit that when go from silver to gold dont get any bonnus. Event dont lose morale would be great but they dont get anything.

Or maybe we can make something crazy, maybe if you have got technicans / engineer in your army they will repair some of destroyed mechs/tanks ? I think it would be nice skill for them.



Having gold miners 'fix' tanks by healing them like prestesses but they have to be next to them? and have Gafgars temporary repair skill somehow buff this.

That would actually be awesome as you would have to tradeoff between more ranged dps and a more tanky front line - i would love this.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf
 
User avatar
PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:22 am

All tanks front line is awesome hehe
They actually perfectly fit the whole line.
I would go with this repair ability of engineers right behind them for sure ;D
94 Culwood
Castle 39, Void - 88 finished
All heroes except Wraxius.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests