Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:00 pm

PrinceCharming wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:
PrinceCharming wrote:

Yesterday I had a fight where I lost 5 gold mechs and 15 silver, in total of 7000 mithrill.
I said to this guy, that it was a good fight.
But it was not, because I don't really have any more desire to do pvp and either switch to another race, or will just never fight again.

With so much loot in guard towers right now you should be able to replenish those in few days. With so many paid heroes it shouldnt be a problem for you to break open few towers. Dwarf is obviously not a pvp race yet you still won. 10% return on garrison casualties seems ok . But to see bunch of spenders with paid heroes whining about not beign invincible after they win pvp is too much.

Your comment doesn't even make 1% of sense, so I won't bother commenting.
lol

But you still commented lol...This whole thread doesnt make sense if you can switch race anytime.

Behindtheed wrote:
Merged servers have 20% plunder..

Its only for a several days and it goes back to regular plunder... If you have more than 4 gold mech 4 gold tanks in garrison thats your problem. We already discussed all this in another thread.

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Be reasonable guys, the closer you get to castle 40, the more mechs hurt when they die...
They are good but they are no THAT good to be completely destructible late game.

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
PrinceCharming wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:

With so much loot in guard towers right now you should be able to replenish those in few days. With so many paid heroes it shouldnt be a problem for you to break open few towers. Dwarf is obviously not a pvp race yet you still won. 10% return on garrison casualties seems ok . But to see bunch of spenders with paid heroes whining about not beign invincible after they win pvp is too much.

lol

But you still commented lol...This whole thread doesnt make sense if you can switch race anytime.

Behindtheed wrote:

Its only for a several days and it goes back to regular plunder... If you have more than 4 gold mech 4 gold tanks in garrison thats your problem. We already discussed all this in another thread.

Day 15 on my merged server, 20% plunder. I'm not even convinced you've played past castle lvl 20. Why make so much stuff up?

Mechs are the only viable front-line unit. If you don't have lots of mechs in your garrison, you are toast. If you honestly think you can win garrison fights with miners and deadeyes, you have no idea what you're talking about. Deadeyes cheese like 4/96 swordsmen with crits, then run out of ammo and do nothing.

You think because you can spend 15k honor and switch races, that it doesn't matter if races are viable or not in AoC? Why are you even posting on the forums?
Last edited by Behindtheed on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Duplicate

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Behindtheed wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:
PrinceCharming wrote:
lol

Behindtheed wrote:

Day 15 on my merged server, 20% plunder. I'm not even convinced you've played past castle lvl 20. Why make so much stuff up?

Mechs are the only viable front-line unit. If you don't have lots of mechs in your garrison, you are toast. If you honestly think you can win garrison fights with miners and deadeyes, you have no idea what you're talking about. Deadeyes cheese like 4/96 swordsmen with crits, then run out of ammo and do nothing.

You think because you can spend 15k honor and switch races, that it doesn't matter if races are viable or not in AoC? Why are you even posting on the forums?

Thats what I was told and I obviously said "several days" as its not confirmed.
It doesn't really mather to me as I have plenty of resources...Furthermore you can always raid towers and they have more loot than players.

Last time I checked this forum is hosted on amazon and also targets EU so basicly all us/eu freedom of speech rights apply. I can post any opinion even if I never played the game. You are in no position whatsoever to judge who can post or not.

Whine all you want about mech in garrison but like somebody said in previous thread "thats your problem". If mech get "injury ratio" or better repair then they will also get hp or shield nerf and you going to be complaining all over again.
Dwarf race is balanced well and doesn't need anything else. ;)

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
Behindtheed wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:

It doesn't really mather to me as I have plenty of resources...Furthermore you can always raid towers and they have more loot than players.

Last time I checked this forum is hosted on amazon and also targets EU so basicly all us/eu freedom of speech rights apply. I can post any opinion even if I never played the game. You are in no position whatsoever to judge who can post or not.

Whine all you want about mech in garrison but like somebody said in previous thread "thats your problem". If mech get "injury ratio" or better repair then they will also get hp or shield nerf and you going to be complaining all over again.

Going to ignore all your obvious lack of knowledge about how the game works and instead focus on your hilarius lack of knowledge about freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech varies from country to country but even when it is at its most protected it only applies to a government acting against its own citizens. You are speaking on a private forum hosted by a company. If the moderators wanted to delete your comments and ban you then they could do it for any reason and your freedom of speech would mean absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately nothing you have posted so far seems to have warranted their attention.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:
Behindtheed wrote:

Going to ignore all your obvious lack of knowledge about how the game works and instead focus on your hilarius lack of knowledge about freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech varies from country to country but even when it is at its most protected it only applies to a government acting against its own citizens. You are speaking on a private forum hosted by a company. If the moderators wanted to delete your comments and ban you then they could do it for any reason and your freedom of speech would mean absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately nothing you have posted so far seems to have warranted their attention.

They aren't because I am trying to stick to the topic unlike others. Otherwise I do use any made up arguements for fun since we already went offtopic with personal attacks...
Dude wouldn't even notice if it wasn't for your big mouth and I appreciate your hillarious attempts to correct my legal knowledge :lol:

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
Behindtheed wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:

This is dwarf on tundra, with all tundra research. North of 500k research power.

Human forgot to use virion res, probably went AFK after vega heal. Let's assume this is what all humans do when attacking dwarf with silver units. And we won't include plunder, since that varies.

For those without a calculator.. Human losses (no res): 3k~ rares, Dwarf losses: 68k rares ~.

Obviously it would be a flawless garrison breach without the use of mechs. Possibly a loss-less breach with a competent human player who uses virion res anyways. This seems "balanced?"

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Where is your defense partner?
Wise russian told us not to use mechanical units and I am merely following his advice.
Where is your dps? Do you expect mech and tanks to have high dps? This first wave looks like shit.
4 mech , 2 gold tanks max is what i have and I wont add more ... rest engineers, rockets and deadyes ;) If someone can beat your first wave therefore he will beat the rest of it. Once i tried to take out dwarf garrison full of engineers, rockets, deadeyes and not a single mechanical unit... I could finish it but didn't because i wasnt killing anything to justify my casualties.
Try to imagine your garrison in advance... just pumping gold in it doesn't guarantee anything. We all know garrisons are like this...
Human is even easier and you can bronze it to death.
So far you only proove that dwarfs can't be taken out for free ;)

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
Where is your defense partner?
Wise russian told us not to use mechanical units and I am merely following his advice.
Where is your dps? Do you expect mech and tanks to have high dps? This first wave looks like shit.
4 mech , 2 gold tanks max is what i have and I wont add more ... rest engineers, rockets and deadyes ;) If someone can beat your first wave therefore he will beat the rest of it. Once i tried to take out dwarf garrison full of engineers, rockets, deadeyes and not a single mechanical unit... I could finish it but didn't because i wasnt killing anything to justify my casualties.
Try to imagine your garrison in advance... just pumping gold in it doesn't guarantee anything. We all know garrisons are like this...
Human is even easier and you can bronze it to death.
So far you only proove that dwarfs can't be taken out for free ;)

Humans cost nothing to lose garrison. No human would die from a race of entire native units off of their research terrain, and on humans grassland so easily. You can not choose what your garrison deploys. There is no way to spend mithril except Mech and Cannons. There is no way to spend blood diamonds except deadeyes and tanks. If he clicked virion res like everyone else, the losses would have possibly been zero. That is not a good fight.

Your advice would mean sitting on 100k's of blood diamonds and mithril, and losing everything if two attacks happen at the same time. That is nonsensical and I think you know it. :).
And, when the garrison is breached, you would still lose 30k+ in rares (not to mention the plunderable rares you can never spend with your made-up strategy), when it is impossible for the non-dwarf attacker to lose anything similar.

I strongly suspect you are not a particularly powerful or competent player, so your context-less anecdote doesn't really serve a purpose when I am presenting you evidence of a nearly maxed researched dwarf garrison dying on tundra in it's best case scenario.

This is a garrison being defended. Further, your suggestion to be defended would only serve to have "too many tanks and deadeyes and mechs" in the garrison like you stated. I don't understand the contradiction of ideas you are presenting. Unless you suggest I delete my garrison and move onto grassland or desert to be defended by other races - which is probably the only reasonable course for dwarf. Hence the problem.