• 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
User avatar
Chillblaze
Baron
Baron
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Like the russian guy said. Thats your problem ;)
I won't teach you how to manage your resources...
You can quote the competent powerful spenders next time.
 
Behindtheed
Knight
Knight
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
Like the russian guy said. Thats your problem ;)
I won't teach you how to manage your resources...
You can quote the competent powerful spenders next time.


The only way you can play dwarf, is by switching to another race to convert resources, while being defended by another race on their terrain, while borrowing another races units to attack.

I guess dwarf is supposed to be like rakkan too - just a support race for humans?
 
User avatar
Chillblaze
Baron
Baron
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 pm

You are supposed to attack with those those resources. Late game is all about offense. Once research/hero passive buffs are maxed no race can defend itself...
Recent examples: maxed Dwarf take out maxed human with 0 casualties, then that human take out the dwarf with only few casualties(both defended). Its only few but compared to what dwarf loose is nothing.
See i understand your point very well...
I am no dev and they do not read this forum... I can only offer you possible solution so you don't loose extreme ammount of resources and quit.
 
Revistabr
Squire
Squire
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 am

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 am

I agree with the Author...

Its bad for dwarves.

Human Troops can heal, ress and still get injuried.

Most Dwarf troops just perish. There should a compensation mechanism.. like.. reduced building time... or a chance to get the repair ... or something like that..

It's stupid to take months to build a few mech sets... and lose EVERYTHING in a single day.
 
BoKnows
Squire
Squire
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:00 am

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:36 am

Behindtheed wrote:
Chillblaze wrote:
Behindtheed wrote:


This is dwarf on tundra, with all tundra research. North of 500k research power.

Image

Image

Human forgot to use virion res, probably went AFK after vega heal. Let's assume this is what all humans do when attacking dwarf with silver units. And we won't include plunder, since that varies.

For those without a calculator.. Human losses (no res): 3k~ rares, Dwarf losses: 68k rares ~.

Obviously it would be a flawless garrison breach without the use of mechs. Possibly a loss-less breach with a competent human player who uses virion res anyways. This seems "balanced?"


Let's just point out that the attacking human has max research on basically everything, 27 group size... guessing that's closer to 1mm research vs the 500k of dwarf player and that heroes are all 40+

Just because the castle lvl is the same doeant mean they are in the same league...

I've solved the dwarf conundrum! Stock garrison with engineers, sure they suck but really all defenses are easy to break so you shouldnt try to make an invinsible one by using permadeath units. With all that extra mithril, attack targets strong enough to cause some losses so you can spend your mithril.

The point about all defenses sucking is what i was trying to make in my earlier response to this thread that you posted a pretty rude response to. Btw, I'm top 10 player in server 1107, top English speaking player there and prince of blackmore.. doubt you are really relevant on your server
 
Behindtheed
Knight
Knight
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:02 pm

BoKnows wrote:

I've solved the dwarf conundrum! Stock garrison with engineers, sure they suck but really all defenses are easy to break so you shouldnt try to make an invinsible one by using permadeath units. With all that extra mithril, attack targets strong enough to cause some losses so you can spend your mithril.

The point about all defenses sucking is what i was trying to make in my earlier response to this thread that you posted a pretty rude response to. Btw, I'm top 10 player in server 1107, top English speaking player there and prince of blackmore.. doubt you are really relevant on your server


1M research? That is just a silly thing to say. The relevant research fields in almost every single category don't require 1m research power. Most "relevant" people have all the +troop research finished on this server group. It simply doesn't apply to garrisons.

Server 1107: Image

A server that has experienced a bit of late game: Image


Having an immortal garrison is not useless. Something can always go wrong in an attack (unlucky hero snipes, catapults forced to retreat), so putting up a resistance helps. Of course, you don't need or want catapults vs most dwarf garrisons, so there is less risk anyways.

Top 10 English speaker on an un-merged chinese server :lol: . Well excuse me, good job solving dwarf - lose more units and resources so you don't have to worry about your worthless defenses and lack of access to an unkillable unlootable bank (garrison) like everyone else.
 
BoKnows
Squire
Squire
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:00 am

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:51 pm

Its just friendly advice. Front line troops are supposed to be disposable to a certain degree so use them the right way and attack stronger targets, get more loot/exp/honor. If you did you would be more relevant on your server instead of languishing in obscurity. I agree, defenses should be a deterrent and make you less appealing as a target relative to others but any defense, including those of dominant whales, can be broken if 2-3 players team up regardless of what stage the server is so gold mechs are never safe and you need to accept that. Dwarf defense is always a pain in the @$s because of headshot risk, not the strength of front line so engineers are perfectly serviceable but guessing you haven't invested in any research for them, which is also why you think 1mm research is not realistic. At 720k power my research is at 300k and I haven't rushed any research so extrapolating that, players on merged servers that are pushing 2mm power should be closer to 1mm research now. It's pretty clear you're way further back than you think...

There's no way to catch up in this game so do yourself a favor and start over. It's more fun when you are closer to the top of the server and contrary to others whining about Chinese whales, you don't have to spend a ton of money to do so if you know what you are doing. Represent us 'foreigners' and show the Chinese players we know what we are doing! #USA
 
neuro
Squire
Squire
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:06 pm

Power is relative and dissuasive for duels. Having as a reference the power to determine if a player is strong or weak, is ridiculous. It is more important the level of the player and also see what type of troop is the most researched. If a level 38 dwarf has a 180 investigation, you know that the rest of his wall troops are weaker than his attack troops.

There are players who have a lot of power and shit in their garrison.
 
Behindtheed
Knight
Knight
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:11 pm

BoKnows wrote:
Its just friendly advice. Front line troops are supposed to be disposable to a certain degree so use them the right way and attack stronger targets, get more loot/exp/honor. If you did you would be more relevant on your server instead of languishing in obscurity. I agree, defenses should be a deterrent and make you less appealing as a target relative to others but any defense, including those of dominant whales, can be broken if 2-3 players team up regardless of what stage the server is so gold mechs are never safe and you need to accept that. Dwarf defense is always a pain in the @$s because of headshot risk, not the strength of front line so engineers are perfectly serviceable but guessing you haven't invested in any research for them, which is also why you think 1mm research is not realistic. At 720k power my research is at 300k and I haven't rushed any research so extrapolating that, players on merged servers that are pushing 2mm power should be closer to 1mm research now. It's pretty clear you're way further back than you think...

There's no way to catch up in this game so do yourself a favor and start over. It's more fun when you are closer to the top of the server and contrary to others whining about Chinese whales, you don't have to spend a ton of money to do so if you know what you are doing. Represent us 'foreigners' and show the Chinese players we know what we are doing! #USA



You are obviously fairly new, demonstrated by your server. And you obviously learned nothing from the research contests about how power is front loaded. Your "extrapolations" are further blind flailing towards an endgame you've never experienced and which you know nothing about. Playing theory-crafting with someone who isn't even playing the same game as late-game merged servers is the most futile of activities.

edit: the popular streamer-whale Kripp on first merge server group has less than 600k research power (2m total power), playing since june, having spent 90 days of rush (his approximation) on it. Just incase you want some more data for your theory-crafting "extrapolations". lol
I honestly couldn't invent a better demonstration of someones ignorance and intellectual-dishonesty than the "top english player on server 1107" telling people to quit a server if they only have 550k research.
 
BoKnows
Squire
Squire
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:00 am

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Dude, I am trying to give you some advice. You're sub 1mm power after playing more than twice as long as me and that's pretty sad... no hope of being gov of even a small city and just glad you don't have to live in capital... research power goes up more as time required goes up so you could either rush them to win research challenges or just collect lvls and not advance them unless an event is going on, pretty clear you don't understand how research works or why other players are sitting with power numbers so much higher than you. I also have a f2p account on merged server 86-97 where I too was irrelevant and that's why I suggest you try starting over and playing amongst the leaders, battling for cities and helping new players. It's a different game and more entertaining, but one where a mech based defense is not maintainable.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mag1C and 10 guests