Sargon
Baron
Baron

Duels - Hero stats are out of control

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:17 pm

I've made threads on this in the past, but I'll make another i guess... For those who duel a lot, or pay attention to duel replays, it should be pretty obvious that the player with more hero stats almost always wins the duel. This is because the 30% buffs are simply way too much, especially considering that attack damage and attack speed buffs scale exponentially, resulting in well over a 50% dps increase to the side winning on stats. This basically deskills duels to having more stats and pressing vega ult.

If we are going to leave the busted 30% buffs in the game, then something needs to be changed about how the buff is acquired. Right now, it takes stat difference of 60 or more in one category to achieve the full 30% buff. In the end game (castle 40) 60 stats are basically nothing. Most players have over 600 command, so we're talking a mere 10% difference in command to have a game breaking 30% attack speed buff on your side...

My solution: the buffs should be calculated by percent difference in stats and not just a set constant number of stats. I would suggest that you need to double an opponents stat to get the max buff. I think the the buffs should be removed or not very influential, but I'd take a 25% or 50% difference over the current setup as well.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Re: Duels - Hero stats are out of control

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm

+1 but I think this is lost cause. Duels will stay rigged. Even with 10 hrs a day x 5 months playtime + full divine sets you can't get more than 300-350 on each stat unless you buy hero chests often. Yes there is a cap but we will never catch up in time and this difference is obviously intended. Double instead of just 60 points sounds better but I prefer if bonus cap is 15-20% so loosing party can at least injure few troops.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
+1 but I think this is lost cause. Duels will stay rigged. Even with 10 hrs a day x 5 months playtime + full divine sets you can't get more than 300-350 on each stat unless you buy hero chests often. Yes there is a cap but we will never catch up in time and this difference is obviously intended.

depends on how many heros you field. Mine are 369 / 532 / 452 / 645 with my 13 heros that i field and i've never purchased extra stats. its a matter of having heros to put gear on. the crafted legendary sets have a crap load of stats and are easy to get on basically everything. Divines only add like 4 total stats above them. Anyway, as much as i despise this mechanic since its a zero skill feature, i don't mind if somebody with 900 command is getting 30% versus my 645. Its when some body with 705 gets the same buff, and has one more general deployed than I do or something along those lines. The 60 point differential is just too small in the late late game. needs to be like 200 or percentage based.

regardless, i play lich and can usually overcome the stat disparity when dueling humans. It basically has to be in their favor for them to win.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:21 pm

8 heroes lvl 40+ in main realm and working on Mako now and Nora next... I know that getting few more worthless heroes from void will raise with another 200 per stat. But just spamming heroes is boring. I will end up in the same situation like you vs players who simply get 2x or more from shop.
The so called "impact of high level heroes on the battlefield" don't seem to make much difference.
I will max out passives on heroes i got already and stick to sieging ... if I continue playing this.

xLiquidsnake
Knight
Knight

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:35 pm

This game is a joke as it is now. Way to unbalanced and core mechanics are broken. No point suggesting anything they won't read or listen to it. They only look at vip whale chat.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Yea we know but lately forum discussions are more interesting than the game itself :D

ChipHarold
Knight
Knight

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Good solve Sargon

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:05 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
8 heroes lvl 40+ in main realm and working on Mako now and Nora next... I know that getting few more worthless heroes from void will raise with another 200 per stat. But just spamming heroes is boring. I will end up in the same situation like you vs players who simply get 2x or more from shop.
The so called "impact of high level heroes on the battlefield" don't seem to make much difference.
I will max out passives on heroes i got already and stick to sieging ... if I continue playing this.

To that end, i just go down to 8 heros and up to 9 spiders if i know that I will lose the hero stats anyway. I'll really only use Cleo Vega and Rose as far as important abilities go, and the rest are passive + Jaques. Just depends who it is and if I have seen their hero stats before.

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:32 am

Heh, I was just saying in our house chat the other day that the stat buff based on pure points is bolix.
I can understand a huge difference but you could both have like 800 -830 points and the one with the high number gets this ridiculous buff.
Like you suggested, a buff based on stat % difference and not pure points is the way to go, if we plan on keeping this mechanic that is.

Retreat
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:36 am

this mechanic was idiotic from the start , it just took a while for the plebs to catch on that it's worse to the game then Jacques