Sargon
Baron
Baron

Re: Duels - Hero stats are out of control

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 pm

DeLoungville wrote:
I'm surprised this is coming to people's attention so late. This mechanic could definitely use a rework as OP said. Right now you want to field as many gladiators as you can. They give the most might and stamina, and their set also has a lot of command on them, so basically all you need (yeah magic is useless). Denji's class buffs are useless for you, because you don't play rakan? Who cares, he's a stats stacked gladiator who also has a might increasing skill, get that 30% baby oh yeah!

This is one of those threads that I remake like once every month and a half TBH. It was obvious that these buffs were ridiculous the day that they were view able in ptr patch notes. Anybody that has ever played a dps based game (all of us?) should know that attack speed scales exponentially with all other damage increasing stats such as raw damage, crit, crit damage %. Anybody but Lilith that is. Same goes for defense with total HP, evade, and % damage reduction (hence why scorps and swords are insanely good tanks).

I fully agree at what you're getting at with the heros. This mechanic is meant to drive sales. Like you said, Denji stacking might is really good for any race since might heros are less common than command / magic stacks. There is a player on 17-33 that just owns and deploys every hero with 7 or 8 gold squads and nothing else.

Flame
Squire
Squire

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:42 pm

The mechanic might drive sales in the short term, but will cause its demise in the long term.
I played clash of clans for a long time, and the reason it stays a top game for so long is that there is nothing a f2p player can't get. A whale can get to the big league faster, but there are no p2w only heroes or bonuses.

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:54 pm

Until they fix duel stats, I think setting up for dueling is utterly pointless if you aren't willing to spend many, many hundreds of dollars. You can be nearly as competent as a garrison breaker spender or not - if you want to contribute.

tonzkie04
Knight
Knight

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:22 am

I pretty much stopped doing pvp since this was implemented, i just loot and siege.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Flame wrote:
The mechanic might drive sales in the short term, but will cause its demise in the long term.
I played clash of clans for a long time, and the reason it stays a top game for so long is that there is nothing a f2p player can't get. A whale can get to the big league faster, but there are no p2w only heroes or bonuses.

Its the same concept here since whales just get the stats faster. The actual problem is that the mechanic is just broken entirely. It is too easy to have 60 more stats than somebody else at max level. It needs to be percentage based.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm

If anyone says "percentage" one more devs will probably quit game :geek:
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
If anyone says "percentage" one more devs will probably quit game :geek:

the devs never played the game to begin with ;)

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Afcourse they are busy spending money 8-)
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:14 am

LMAO Chillblaze .. even though true u gotta rmber the constant spam they recieve from the VIP chat that they want more power / advantage from their purchases .. this is y jacqs etc has nvr been fixed ...
the 30% is probally too much bonus and i agree with the % idea but the whales need bang for their buck or they wouldnt be spending right ? they keeping the game free to play , but if f2p cant be competitive then there is a huge problem sustaining a long term community ... so is this a short term cash grab?? or do they care about the concerns raised and want to actually provide balance moving forward ??
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:13 am

All you have to do is check soul hunters community. Unlike some people here they aren't scared to talk openly ;) Even forum admin is getting accused of beign super weak community manager. I bet that they do not listen to our representative or vip chats. Torn between paying server costs and spending the left overs I doubt anyone in this studio has time to look at our "little" problems.