Sargon
Baron
Baron

House Skills

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:10 pm

While this is definitely not a top priority over unit balance, jaques bronze, busted hero stats, lack of friendly dueling / friendly seiging, every event being cheesed, and whales losing zero units to massive rank 13 gold walls, house skills are better than nothing. Maybe? Nevermind, its actually bad for the game, and here is why...

We already know that the number of cities controlled is a failed mechanic, as show by migration. It is not a good measure of activity or power, and it is strictly limited by the number of cities on the map. Similar to migration, the intentions of the change look 'good', but the question that Lilith always fails to ask is 'how will this incentivize the players to act?' The answer to that question is that the change incentivizes players to merge into a very small number of very large houses that are able to obtain the maximum benefits. Why is this bad? Its bad because a huge part of this game is the political intrigue of having many small autonomous groups working together or against each other based on their own interests. People enjoy having their own houses with their own leadership etc. This change is another migration in disguise, pushing players to mash together into a big ball all under a few house names, all for a few mediocre buffs.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Re: House Skills

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:20 pm

We can still chat :lol:
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 pm

I agree with Sargon, many other areas need attention , i almost got excited when i saw the 10% injury reduction for attackers but with the tier 15 house and 15 cities req its just another 'feature' for the 1 colour farmville servers , the instant wall repair could also provide another avenue for abuse but only time will tell..
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:18 am

I mean, its a cool idea at least. They just needed to make it not based on number of cities, or just done any/all of the suggestions posted by OP.

suprateja
Squire
Squire

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:41 am

I accept there are far more important things than this. But instead of number of cities they can activate skills based in house tier level. Increasing tier level at higher levels is not easy. There should be many active people spending energy daily to do that.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:48 am

They try to make people fight with each other, lose resources, lose houses, lose garrisons, lose armies --->>> spend Linari.
94 Culwood
Castle 40, Void - 100 all perfect
House: Icarum, Gods of War

Quantum
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 pm

I am fine with these house skills being added as none of these seem to broken / are not really a reason to move to a single big house. What are the cooldown and the duration on the last two skills anyway (we have 9 cities ;))?

The idea of linking them to tier instead of the number of cities is very interesting. Not sure it is better, but definitely interesting.

Oh and if they want more fights, they should really fix the broken alliance system so people can't take king with alts and then keep alliances going on indefinitely.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:56 pm

+ 10% injury ratio... I am contemplating to move from t14 to t15 (cities*) house just for that...
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Quantum
Knight
Knight

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:11 pm

How long does it last / what is the cooldown on it?

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:36 am

Looks like its passive ...

Its strategical even to migrate in house which gets it first. Players without Elena or bishop spots can get ~86% max ratio and 76% is 6-7 or may be more casualties per stack if saving lives is not maxed.

Repair wall and heal are 48 hrs.