tmb954
Squire
Squire

Re: Rakan topic.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:27 pm

DeLoungville wrote:
I know a few rakans from different servers. As far as I've seen they can't siege at all (their swordsmen equivalent is morale breaking and they don't have a virion resurrect lol), but are very strong at pvp. Those rakans I know kick ass at pvp, gotta say.

I'd have to agree with Deloungville, being a lvl 40 Rakan, I don't bother with seige anymore because the size of troops, you either have no siege, no turtle, no xbows. Then on top of that, they always take losses during a seige. As far as pvp, they are very good, you just need to fight people with similar research and hero stats. I'll win most of those fights, but if I fight someone that has me in either of those, it's out of the question.

Sparkles
Knight
Knight

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 am

tmb954 wrote:
DeLoungville wrote:
I know a few rakans from different servers. As far as I've seen they can't siege at all (their swordsmen equivalent is morale breaking and they don't have a virion resurrect lol), but are very strong at pvp. Those rakans I know kick ass at pvp, gotta say.

I'd have to agree with Deloungville, being a lvl 40 Rakan, I don't bother with seige anymore because the size of troops, you either have no siege, no turtle, no xbows. Then on top of that, they always take losses during a seige. As far as pvp, they are very good, you just need to fight people with similar research and hero stats. I'll win most of those fights, but if I fight someone that has me in either of those, it's out of the question.

Out of interest, what is the rakan standard for late game PvP? Monks + xbows? Gold/silver turtles?

Niquette
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 am

For pvp :
Against Dwarf, Lich and Human (using horse) full gold Monk in front, and Silver turtle mix with crossbowmen. Make sure to finish académie 12 for dragon (lose moral 30% Less faster)
Against Human (using swordmen) , full gold Samouraï with mix turtle and crossbowmen. Make sure to finish académie 11 for dragon (30% increase heal).
This is what i will do. But i think pvp is useless. Prefer siege. :P
Server 38
Rakan

Fliptality
Knight
Knight

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Niquette wrote:
Okay ! It seems i m alone.

im playing rakan on my second account and am enjoying them so far. they seem to be quite good in Void (in timed stages) and they suck in "no casualties" stages.
I think monks die way too fast compared to human swordsmen.
Overall im very happy with Rakan race but im sure they need some further tweaking.

Fliptality
Knight
Knight

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Fawksito wrote:
When a troop have a +30% power when loaned tag.... it is a support race.

you mean an alt account only race? wow yeah that was surely what the devs were thinking when creating rakan. NOT.
I know, all players think they are support race only, but i dont think they are meant to be.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Every troop has 30% bonus when on loan. Its obviously meant to be support race and decent for pvp only their own land. For anything else you will need to borrow and make serious investments(this rule applies to any race). I can show you successful Rakan king right now ;)

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
Every troop has 30% bonus when on loan. Its obviously meant to be support race and decent for pvp only their own land. For anything else you will need to borrow and make serious investments(this rule applies to any race). I can show you successful Rakan king right now ;)

Youre loosing one spot of '+ any bonus of dmg or health' for a +30% on loan, if they change that i would consider them.
BOOM