Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Player to Player donations!

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Please add an option to give a (limited) amount of resources to players in your house. Make a "request resource" tool like loaned units, maybe with a cooldown and a set amount for each day.

Currently, resources on most servers are concentrated in the hands of the powerful few, and who they are able to defend. These people horde more resources than they can use, and then when and if they finally lose it all to an attack, they may quit the game and the resources go to another powerful player.

Anyone else lives moment to moment with tower rations (when there are towers left that aren't pillaged by strong enemies), or is forced to hide in the capital.

This feature would allow budget-players to keep playing without quitting, it would encourage nurturing your kingdom so that other people become stronger to empower it in the long term. It would not negatively affect sales -it may even increase them for benevolent whales- and it would help with maintaining populations of lower tier players on the server and transitioning them into mid-tier players (who spend more money).

Seems like a win/win for everyone.

Bobby
Baron
Baron

Re: Player to Player donations!

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 pm

It would also encourage setting up more alts to give resources to your main

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Bobby wrote:
It would also encourage setting up more alts to give resources to your main

People already do that via attacking their alt. I would classify people who are questing on several accounts as budget-players, to commit that much time just to get resources.

If you cap the daily request amount to one resource type, 200 rares or 10k resources currency a day~ then I doubt it would be anything but positive. Does anybody care if someone plays 3 non-spy alt accounts and are able to funnel a couple thousand rares to their main each week for their efforts - for the trade off of not being able to attack them.

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:14 pm

It is a nice idea in theory, could be a fun social interaction too. There might need to be a lot of safeguards put in place with it, it does seem like something that would be abused otherwise. Also would increase the amount of people selling rss for money in-game which is not great. Maybe if it was something like only people on Royal council can give resources or people who have the most resources on server can give, that way it is more likey to be used as intended. Otherwise, I think it would be fun!

BoKnows
Squire
Squire

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm

If your house is working correctly, strong players should be cracking guard towers and leaving weak garrisons behind for weaker players to clean up. Keep an eye on activity log and start hitting once garrisons are down to a level you can handle. Once about half the resources are gone, it's not worth the energy potions to continue attacking. Recently, I've seen top players farming gold dwarf and undead guard towers just for honor to roll at black market and craft items, 50k honor from one hit while taking no losses thanks to human revive skills. #HonorIsTheNewRare

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:42 am

BoKnows wrote:
If your house is working correctly, strong players should be cracking guard towers and leaving weak garrisons behind for weaker players to clean up. Keep an eye on activity log and start hitting once garrisons are down to a level you can handle. Once about half the resources are gone, it's not worth the energy potions to continue attacking. Recently, I've seen top players farming gold dwarf and undead guard towers just for honor to roll at black market and craft items, 50k honor from one hit while taking no losses thanks to human revive skills. #HonorIsTheNewRare

That is somewhat effective. You can stay in capital to not get rss, but you are at risk for ninja revenges during attacking (my capital isn't on my races research terrain). I also Elena retreat units after I kill walls, to lower damage/plunder output. On my server at least, most of the low levels following end up getting dueled out a bunch, and having the garrison deleted or kicked from house before enough silver and golds are cleared.

There are a surprising amount of regular players who toil along 10 levels behind the rest of the server and can't even meet power requirement. Even a small limit of donations can make the difference for players like them, and voluntarily distribute some wealth.