Tarnlak
Squire
Squire

Spearman and abyss 466

Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:05 am

I am honestly not sure if this is a game discussion issue or if it should be a bug report/suggestion. I wonder if other people have noticed an issue in relation to enemy gold spearmen since the new patch. Specifically fights where you face them with just heroes.

I tried abyss 466 for the first time this morning, after the patch dropped, so I have no comparison to how it was before. It is just..... Insanely hard and I wonder if it was always like this. I know a few people on my server are "stuck" here so maybe nothing changed.

The problem is that the new boosts to spearmen (impenetrable shield every 3 seconds, 10 seconds of +30% damage taken now instead of 3 seconds previously) mean that I am wiped out in, literally, a few seconds. My dragon dies in between 4-6 seconds. 3 heroes are dead before I can cast my first skill (cleos black hole with justice rod).

Obviously I have experience with beating hard levels in the abyss. Some have taken me days but none felt completely, overwhelmingly impossible like this. I have tried a crowd control approach, A high dps approach, splitting the heroes. All positions.

Nothing has made the slightest difference. I have a few questions.

Was this fight always so hard or did the spearmen buffs break it? Should I report this as a broken mechanic? How are spearmen generally now?

Destination

Re: Spearman and abyss 466

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:49 am

It was always hard, and it got even harder now.
But after ~472 you wont get further without being a whale anyways so you dont really miss out on anything.

Tarnlak
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks for the input. Usually I'll spend days on a fight but I can see immediately that this one is different. I think, based on what you told me, I'll take a break from the abyss for a while and spec my heroes for void progress instead.
The levels you mentioned do seem significant. We have 4 of us stuck here on our server, one guy at 472 and the number 1 player is at 475.

Thanks for the help

Onibaku
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Put your heroes at the bottom corner and get Fenris. He will disrupt the archers most of the time. Just be sure to space out the heroes good enough so you get a chance for the wolves to run during the gravity. Also send one hero to the opposite side to pull away that side as bait so you have time to do things. Make sure that your Fenris has skills that improve the wolves' area attack abilities. The key is to disrupt the back line as much as possible.

Quantum
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:57 pm

I am pretty sure I did it after the patch and don't remember having too much trouble with it. I have way more trouble with 468 (not enough damage output for it). I haven't tried with Fenris yet though.

Generally my setup has Virion in front to tank up 20-30 seconds of damage, Bane to the side and all other heroes near the corner so they survive as long as possible.

Onibaku
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:24 am

475 is my stop block at the moment. I can't kill things quick enough because mummies keep resurrecting the humanoid deaths. Trying to strengthen my Valari in hopes that she can make them explode.

Tarnlak
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:21 pm

Thank you very much for the replies. There is some very useful information there, especially about Fenris. I appreciate you taking the time to help.
I do have Fenris but he is still fairly low level (35) but I am sure I can raise him quite quickly.

In the days after originally posting I gave up and went dwarf to work on the void. After reading this I'm motivated to return to the abyss so I intend to go back to human soon.

Good luck with your progress, I hope you get a breakthrough with the annoying lich.

Onibaku
Knight
Knight

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:17 am

Currently got to 484, which is Lich again and difficult for me because of the several XIX scorpions. I think there are 6. I'd say that the Rakan stage on 481 is very difficult as well. Good luck with where you are.

Foreigner
Squire
Squire

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:14 am

What would be the best solution for Abyss 470 - I have been stuck there for a while - any feedback greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tarnlak
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 am

I just wanted to update and thank you again for the help. After I changed back to human and levelled fenris to 45 I went back to 466 and beat it on the second attempt. It wasn't even a little bit difficult in the end. I then progress to 472 and am now stuck again lol.

I don't remember 470 particularly. I know it had to try it for a day or so but I didn't have any new ideas, I just kept plugging away at it. If you can remind me what the enemies are I'll see if I can recall anything specific.

Thanks again for the help with this, much appreciated.