Esquire
Knight
Knight

Silver Skeleton Siege Needs a Tune Down

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:20 pm

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but sieging with silver skeletons at end game while paired with Gazul's instant resurrection is absolutely out of line right now. Silver skeletons can be made very cheap and without using speedup, and since they rezz at what appears to be a rate higher than the 27% in the tooltip, they are able to plunder massive amounts of resources even if they get full cleared. They also continue to rezz even if Gazul is dead.

One example from today is we have Player 1 (P1) Attack Player 2 (P2), both with high power temples:
P2 is a Dwarf on Tundra with 730k HP mechs.
P1 is fielding 5x silver skeletons (40k hp) and 7x silver warlocks (41k atk).
P1 kills on average 10 gold mechs per attack. They are able to build silver skeletons at will with no downtime, and due to their efficiency sieging, they can restock RSS faster than they spend them.
P1 then goes human and runs 4x swords (74k HP) and 4x archers (89k atk) plus siege.
P1 gets a full wipe as human and kills only 3 mechs.

And that is just one example. We have seen Human, Lich and Rakan all successfully defend against strong gold armies, only to be farmed by silver skeleton spam and often by players with weaker stats. As a lich player myself, I welcome the boost to making skeletons viable as a unit. However, their ability to essentially bypass gold garrisons while plundering at a rate that eliminates any cost seems out of line. Watching skeletons unit bar literally go from 10% to full multiple times in a battle seems to be out of line with the Gazul tooltip. Devs made the right choice to eliminate going drastically overcap with Lich units, but the reality still exists that silver skeletons are borderline exploitative. Much more so than the controversial Virion rezz ever was, since they continue to rezz even if Gazul is dead.

Xcaliboor
Knight
Knight

Re: Silver Skeleton Siege Needs a Tune Down

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:29 pm

I agree. Yesterday i converted to Lich for 30 minutes just to plunder some resources and earn some honor. It is insane how easy it is to plunder with them. I plundered around 60k rare resources and spent only 8k of blood diamonds to retrain skeletons i lost. All insta trained. I hope new race can compete with this. All other races are meaningless right now. Especially humans. Why do some players keep playing with them in a mystery for me. I can siege better with my level 35 Gazul then with all human heroes level 50! Not to mention dueling.

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Xcaliboor wrote:
I agree. Yesterday i converted to Lich for 30 minutes just to plunder some resources and earn some honor. It is insane how easy it is to plunder with them. I plundered around 60k rare resources and spent only 8k of blood diamonds to retrain skeletons i lost. All insta trained. I hope new race can compete with this. All other races are meaningless right now. Especially humans. Why do some players keep playing with them in a mystery for me. I can siege better with my level 35 Gazul then with all human heroes level 50! Not to mention dueling.

So you mean every time game balance is broken, players change race to solve it ? then one day all players play same boring race.

Xcaliboor
Knight
Knight

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 am

Basically yes. But good thing is that some players just do not like changes and they keep playing with human race. This makes it even more fun for all other players that did switch to Lich. At this stage of game, Lich is so overpowered that all you need is hero energy and you can take down any player. If you have team of Lich players (10 or more) then no whale can defend against them.
I just do not understand players that are still playing human race and complaining about how strong Lich are. If they know it then they should do it.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Xcaliboor wrote:
At this stage of game, Lich is so overpowered that all you need is hero energy and you can take down any player. If you have team of Lich players (10 or more) then no whale can defend against them.

Pretty much this. We have a person with a 900k temple getting cleared, consistently, by a person with a 300k temple. Hero research just makes it even more ridiculous. Granted our player can destroy any garrison on the map, but it is silly when massive wall stats are basically worth nothing. It is a similar state to how defenses were prior to the Temple being released.

Anyways, they really should have balanced skeletons prior to releasing the hero academy, but I am not shocked that Lilith forgoes balancing for a new feature.

Eight
Squire
Squire

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:10 am

Lich overpowered, Yes.
Skeletons overpowered, Yes

And heroes, now after we can research them. Very much overpowered. The buffs they get from research are insane, temple buffs are small in comparesing with them. On our server a player with only heroes and a dragon killed a lvl 13 garisson like it wasnt even there.

They need to up garisson , by a lot..

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Eight wrote:

They need to up garisson , by a lot..

I agree, let's just hope they don't go the route they went last time by making garrisons relevant again with Temples. It is the most P2W element of the game and I am concerned they will manage the swing towards offense by introducing a new monetization model to counteract it.

Alexaoc
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:11 pm

I agree. Lich are definitely overpowered. In end game they can even resurrect some lvl 15 golds during events, they really need to be nerfed.