Mattman
Squire
Squire

New English House on 1122 (Neferak), need advice on recruiting

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:17 am

I've started a new house, Valiant Conquest, on one of the new servers (1122). I want to try a rotating governorship system that I will manage as I think people will really like it. Often governorships are given to a select few and appointments are semi-permanent (until they are routed back to the capital, if that happens). I want to create a house where everyone gets a shot to be governor.

I need some people to get off the ground, however. Any advice on how I can recruit?

I'm in Neferak and there seem to be a lot of people from Asian countries, but there are still a good number of English speakers as well.

Thanks
Mattman
House: Valiant Conquest

FFBEFred
Squire
Squire

Re: New English House on 1122 (Neferak), need advice on recruiting

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 pm

Just a comment on the governorship rotation: in my experience, the governor should be the most active player, the one who will be online the most time, ready to act if something happens - to kick back a member in order to save him from pillaging, ask for help in the case of a coordinated attack, organize the defense chains, give support to other players, etc. A good governor is a strong asset for the house and let's be honest - not everyone is inclined to play a nanny for the others. In conclusion, in this case, a benevolent autocracy is better here than an extensive democracy.

Mattman
Squire
Squire

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:46 am

Hey, thanks for the advice. What you're describing is probably a very good set-up for a house. You expect something back for the governorship.

The challenge I think that creates is the limitations of opportunity for other members. The "most active" player is hard to measure, and some of the other members may feel as though they will never get a shot at being governor. I'd rather focus on strength in numbers and use the random opportunity to become governor to encourage people to settle in cities. If there are 15+ castles in a city then a potential invader may redirect to an easier target. The best defense may be in appearing not worth the effort.

Anyway, thanks for your comments!

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Mattman wrote:
Hey, thanks for the advice. What you're describing is probably a very good set-up for a house. You expect something back for the governorship.

The challenge I think that creates is the limitations of opportunity for other members. The "most active" player is hard to measure, and some of the other members may feel as though they will never get a shot at being governor. I'd rather focus on strength in numbers and use the random opportunity to become governor to encourage people to settle in cities. If there are 15+ castles in a city then a potential invader may redirect to an easier target. The best defense may be in appearing not worth the effort.

Anyway, thanks for your comments!

Let me say this, the whole idea of rotating governorship and "everyone gets a shot" is the most inefficient possible, behind no governor at all. First off, not all players play or contribute the same to the house. Some players will be very good at duels and sieging and others in PvE and developing... Not to mention that different players will spend different amount of time in the game. Ministers and governor not only have to be active but of sufficient strength and knowledge to protect, guide and supervise the other members. Ministers and governors have the unique abilities to kick people out of the house or city when or before those players get plundered to death.

When It comes to recruiting your best bet would be to first: Get one of the first 3 cities on the server which would automatically cause your first 45 player slots to fill, Second: find or become a whale, because people will fallow strength more than anything else, Three: stay active, strong and dominating... I have seen plenty of houses that start very strong but end up crumbling within a week or 2... This leads me to my last point, you need a solid base of active and experienced players preferably ready to spend a few bucks to stay competitive... This is especially true in the new Chinese servers!
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Oissie
Squire
Squire

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:16 pm

I’m English, will be joining 1132 when it’s live with 3 other uk players.