Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Any idea ?

FlyingScorpion
Squire
Squire

Re: How to beat Lich Skorpions and Spiders

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 am

Mechs for scorpions and archers for spiders

Just kidding, that's the exact opposite of what you want.

AOE damage works pretty good on the scorpions so I'd say spiders/cavalry are actually pretty decent at killing scorpions. Scorpions can be poisoned.

Spiders are strong against AOE damage and they dish out AOE damage. So you don't want to bring a stack of 24 archers because they'll get murdered by the AOE, and you don't want to bring something that does AOE damage because against spiders, you need single-target damage... Maybe cavalry again? If you can protect your archers with a strong frontline, they can kill spiders pretty quick, the problem is that if they go toe-to-toe, the spiders often annihilate the large groups of archers before the spiders die.

FleurDeMur
Squire
Squire

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:15 am

Cavalry & archers is the best counter I've found, though it's not great. Scorp/Spider isn't counterable at the moment, their worst matchup is about 50/50 at even troops and heroes, from what I've seen.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Elena with her max ranked cavalry summon is a start, as you can summon them directly on the backline where the spiders are, hopefully giving you a little time to clear the frontline. If you place Cavalry on the sides, hoping they bypass the scorpions in the middle and hit the spiders on the far right and left, then summon Elena's cavalry in the middle, it causes them to at least have to focus on the cavalry before decimating your entire frontline. Spec her with improved cavalry and they'll do heavy damage. Pair that with a crusader build Virion who can rezz your swords and boost their damage, as well as an Archer spec'd Avalon who will keep your archers doing insane damage and that's about the best counter I've found.

The problem I end up having is my humans still have to traverse the rest of the field to get to them, and they are spitting at you the entire time if your cavalry didn't manage to kill any. And I didn't even go into if they field Cleo/Rose together. Cleo's black hole can wreck the strategy by stunlocking your heals and potentially pulling the cavalry off the spiders. Then her eclipse will trigger for 8-10 seconds, making your damage very low, all the while Rose and the spiders will be spawning spiderlings confusing your human AI.

Bax
Squire
Squire

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:16 am

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Make sure you have cavalry at all lanes as they deal important starting damage on the scorpions, if you rely only on infantry your frontline will die before it can get through the scorpions and then your archers will get completely destroyed by the spiders. Use your summon skills on top of the spiders and heal up with Vega's last skill.

QntaQinta
Knight
Knight

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Focus on one wing of battlefield to make your cavalry get to spiders asap. Some units will have to die while your strong wing starts winning from one side and pushes to the other side of the battlefield.
And watch battle reports so u know your enemy lineup and you can answer to enemy setup.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:13 am

To counter scorpion spiders play rakan and have gold monks frontline they one shot scorpions and are immune to poison damage get a 50% damage reduction after flying dragon kick and can use an active to heal. With a dragon turtle backing them up for support it's gg put in some xbows for splash damage to kill spiderlings and it's over.

Now for humans. You want 6 legions of cavalry. Space them out so you have frontline some ranged troop then another line of cavalry this way you stun the scorpions twice. Use sword or archer summon onto the spiders and it's gg. Use avril to counter enemy summons with frost Nova or blizzard.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293