dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Re: [GUIDE] Zinek's Declassified Survival Guide to the Art of Conquest. (updated for patch 1.14.3)

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Zinek wrote:
Updated guide will be delayed. Due to exams. Sort :)

no stress mate, good luck with your exams!
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

9nines
Knight
Knight

Re: [GUIDE] Zinek's Declassified Survival Guide to the Art of Conquest. (updated for patch 1.14.3)

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Zinek is a +1 to summon swordsmen better than the +8 command from avalon's set??

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:20 pm

9nines wrote:
Zinek is a +1 to summon swordsmen better than the +8 command from avalon's set??

Yea it is. By a lot.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Faeria
Squire
Squire

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 am

Hey,

Considering this info:

Might – Gain 0.5% physical damage to all units per point of might over the enemy (includes heroes)
Magic – Gain 0.5% magic damage to all units per point of magic over the enemy (includes heroes)
Stamina – Gain 0.5% max health to all units per point of stamina over the enemy.
Command – Gain 0.5% attack speed to all units per point of command over the enemy.

At what point wouldn't it be beneficial anymore to place an extra hero but place another unit? Suppose you have all heroes: Would it be beneficial to place 1-2 units less on the field and spam heroes in order to beat the almighty enemy? It's energy consuming ofcourse but would the extra stats outweight 1-2 units?

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Faeria wrote:
Hey,

Considering this info:

Might – Gain 0.5% physical damage to all units per point of might over the enemy (includes heroes)
Magic – Gain 0.5% magic damage to all units per point of magic over the enemy (includes heroes)
Stamina – Gain 0.5% max health to all units per point of stamina over the enemy.
Command – Gain 0.5% attack speed to all units per point of command over the enemy.

At what point wouldn't it be beneficial anymore to place an extra hero but place another unit? Suppose you have all heroes: Would it be beneficial to place 1-2 units less on the field and spam heroes in order to beat the almighty enemy? It's energy consuming ofcourse but would the extra stats outweight 1-2 units?

You are correct. Good luck, whales usually have a lot more stat cards up their sleeve than you will :)
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

Faeria
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:04 am

Well i might be such a whale (having all heroes). So your advice would be to dump for instance another set of archers and spam it with heroes? Makes it hard to select skills though.

I'm still having doubts though that it will outweight the benefits of another set or archers/templars. I would need a serious amount of might/command/stamina/magic above my opponent to make it worth it.

Anyone feels like crunching some numbers and calculate it? Feel free to take your own archer unit and calculate the damage output from it
Last edited by Faeria on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 am

Well, assuming you don't borrow stuff and field all golds, dropping a silver group for 3-4 heroes...is..... what's "a serious amount" in your opinion?
Conservatively, you will have 40-60 points (being a whale and all hehe) of each attribute added so that's easy an extra 20% buff....assuming you were equals with your opponent in the first place.
Myself, I wouldn't go for extra heroes due to the extra risk of them getting killed, giving the enemy morale boosts.
Last edited by Maebius on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faeria
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 am

Well if you place your heroes on the backline with tanks on the side (Bane/Viron) they'll last long enough

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Faeria wrote:
Well if you place your heroes on the backline with tanks on the side (Bane/Viron) they'll last long enough

Heroes can deal a lot of damage by them selves. Play lich or dwarf mech. Get a rakan turtle use tiadrin + gazul fear aura there you just handled all humanoid units and undead. Bane taunt plus tiadrin divine light will tank anything for days. Open firestorm on enemy jacques gg I don’t think you can lose. Use battle drums if needed that also buffs heroes damage.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:35 pm

I’m not going to update the guide sorry game is dead. For anyone who still cares here is your guide on how to win AoC.

1. Buy jacques.
2. Do not field him for quests level him via xp cards from void.
3. When dueling field only bronze field jacques behind them. Use firestorm to snipe enemy jacques after that the fight is over afk until you won or lost because your jacques was sniped. This is all you need to know to be good at AoC now everything else is moot. There is literally no counter to this.