Kato42
Squire
Squire

Dwarf army setup - with siege?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:33 am

Hello high level dwarves!

What would an optimal setup be for dwarves if one has 2 gold cannons already and doesn't want to get rid of them?

I have been having fun with a gold tank as well, and used to supplement with a gold spider. Would love to take advantage of research and have pure dwarf.

Thanks in advance for your help!

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Re: Dwarf army setup - with siege?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 am

What army are you trying to make? those two gold cannons will tear apart walls and things on them if you protect them well. If you use them in pvp you are risking some insane resources for no reason. For PVP dwarves can use miners/shooters/tanks or mechs/tanks/rockets normally, depending how much risk you like as mechs and tanks die permanently when lost.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Kato42
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:05 am

I am more focused on siege. I have been reluctant to invest in mechs, but I have heard they are the best frontline in a siege. I would love to be able to be the first person to break a gold garrison :)

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:13 am

the mechs make a great frontline with the reduced damage from ranged and aoe attacks, but losing them is just so insanely expensive past level 8 its hardly worth it. considering the miners heal and their stuns+high health, they to me make more sense backed by shooters to snipe larger, healthier units.

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince

Nomablade
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Gold cannons are essential for breaking gold garrisons. I'm afraid gold cannons alone won't do you much good, because without gold troops to actually kill the units on the ground, you put your cannons at risk of being destroyed. If you can borrow some gold rockets and have research for them and mechs, you can use my setup. It's 13 units so you need Avalon or you can just place an extra hero.

Mech tank mech tank mech (all silver)
4 rockets (preferably gold)
Cannon rocket cannon cannon (middle cannon silver)

You can fit 2 heroes behind the rocket and up to 6 between the other 2 cannons, but 4 is enough as you dont want to waste energy

I put the gold cannons on the side because they have the least troops damaging the walls, and the silver cannon needs a bit of help still to clear golds.

With this setup I've taken down two 8 gold garrisons only losing 1 mech. I have jaq and gaf so my mechs have 24% bonus hp go as well so take that into consideration.

Kato42
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Thanks Nima and Dorian! Very helpful!

I have heard that dwarf rockets are very powerful with the active skill. I will give that a try. No other high level dwarves in my house, but I can probably due 2 gold dwarf rockets on my own.

I don't have Jacques, gaf, or avalon. Without the 24%, would it make sense to just have a full tank front line? I have Elena, so i could just do a strategic retreat as a tan gets low on health. Thoughts?

Also, do you guys find dwarf rockets strong on garrison? Or do archers (even with no research buff) still outclass them?

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:05 am

you need a mix of rockets and gold shooters for dwarf to snipe out strong frontlines like mechs/tanks/scorps. You strategic retreat sounds like a decent move but really for any player jaques is a must with how broken he is in the current meta. his ability to snipe heroes and level units of troops without deploying and army is just stupidly overpowered.

I've seen full tank frontlines and they are strong if you win, but not unbreakable and expensive too replace as its 6-7 tanks across the frontline.

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:56 am

Moved to player advice. :)

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 am

hengli wrote:

Hmm, I think this is for a different game :P

Arclight
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
hengli wrote:

Hmm, I think this is for a different game :P

Moved to the correct player advice :D
"Comments reflect the opinion of their authors and in particular are not suitable to justify a legal decision."

「A」rclight
Level 100, 98k rating, 642 stars

Guild leader of

「A」llstars
Server 11-24, 87 wins - 7 loss