Pluisje8888
Squire
Squire

Old or new server for new player?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:54 pm

I am a new player that has been testing out if the game is fun. Now i want to settle on a server for the permanent game experience :-)
I have read that people have some issues with 1xxx servers but as far as i have seen over several days is that 192 is the last non 1xxx server and the only new servers opening are the 1xxx ones.
So my question is as a new player (non whale, little spending here and there) would joining a server as 192 which is older with high players or a brand new 1xxx server be better?
Or the the pro and cons i should consider.
Thnx :-)

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Old or new server for new player?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Should always start on a fresh server for the best experience. Ask around the fourms and offical discord to find a group to play with.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:51 am

That depends on your definition of "fun". If you want to just grow and farm on an old conquered server and wait for merge, then you should find a conquered server using your alt before using your main to see which kingdom dominates it.

You can also try to join servers who have 2 big kingdoms fighting each other, I'm not sure if you will be able to do much though unless you're playing consistently then maybe you can help and kill some players of the opposition.

Or you can join on a new server where the unexpected begins. I also recommend that you don't play alone, if you could join a group of active people then that would be a plus.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:09 am

Shu wrote:
That depends on your definition of "fun". If you want to just grow and farm on an old conquered server and wait for merge, then you should find a conquered server using your alt before using your main to see which kingdom dominates it.

You can also try to join servers who have 2 big kingdoms fighting each other, I'm not sure if you will be able to do much though unless you're playing consistently then maybe you can help and kill some players of the opposition.

Or you can join on a new server where the unexpected begins. I also recommend that you don't play alone, if you could join a group of active people then that would be a plus.

Older servers that are all one kingdom are likely to be matched with other servers of it's like so starting fresh there will likely be a waste of time in my opinion. But to each their own.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 am

Zinek wrote:
Older servers that are all one kingdom are likely to be matched with other servers of it's like so starting fresh there will likely be a waste of time in my opinion. But to each their own.

Well I gave him choices since I don't know what his definition of "fun" is. It's not a waste of time even if you join a conquered server as a newbie if you enjoy PvE-only and getting strong peacefully for late game. The only question is for how long?

I just don't want him ending up spending some sweet cash on a wrong kingdom and a wrong server, like common mistakes new people has for the game. I hope I made myself clear?