Proeliator
Squire
Squire

Soulless Scourge 5/4 bonus?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Anyone know what the bonus to this ability is if you have it maxed to 5/4? I know the other heroes have bonuses like gold troops for summons etc. anyone know what if any bonus there is on this ability?

Behindtheed
Squire
Squire

Re: Soulless Scourge 5/4 bonus?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:22 pm

I don't believe there are "bonuses". Summons clearly state that leveling them up increases the maximum power the squad can obtain, so at the maximum it simply crosses the threshold. There should be no surprise bonuses. I've never max'd an ultimate with an item, so I can't say for certain though.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:31 pm

More damage.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Proeliator
Squire
Squire

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Behindtheed wrote:
I don't believe there are "bonuses". Summons clearly state that leveling them up increases the maximum power the squad can obtain, so at the maximum it simply crosses the threshold. There should be no surprise bonuses. I've never max'd an ultimate with an item, so I can't say for certain though.

You're right. I misunderstood things I read in one of the hero guides and also the gold troops for summons are simply passing the threshold of total power as you say.

Shu
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:17 am

Soulless Scourge is considered as a magic spell more than a summoning spell. You will notice that summoning spells has the white bar which shows the duration above the units.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Shu wrote:
Soulless Scourge is considered as a magic spell more than a summoning spell. You will notice that summoning spells has the white bar which shows the duration above the units.

I think his question was more asking along the lines of is there a bonus besides more damage for over cap skills like there is for summon skills.

Summon skills become gold units at 8/7 but other skills only gain damage or duration as far as I'm aware. It's a lot of bonus due to how scaling works but there is no added effect to the skill.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Shu
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Zinek wrote:
Shu wrote:

I think his question was more asking along the lines of is there a bonus besides more damage for over cap skills like there is for summon skills.

Summon skills become gold units at 8/7 but other skills only gain damage or duration as far as I'm aware. It's a lot of bonus due to how scaling works but there is no added effect to the skill.

Yeah I noticed I had the answer mixed up after I posted, since you can't delete any post here I just kept it anyway.