Grey
Squire
Squire

Rakan Advice

Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 am

Hi,

I've recently switched races to Rakan this most recent patch, but I am quite bad at playing them and struggle to find a lot of details around their playstyle. So if you have some general advice on how to build and play, please leave it in the comments.

I am especially after formations for breaking, pillaging and dueling. thanks in advance.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Rakan Advice

Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:14 am

Rakan are not great at breaking. And they are not used as a main race as they gain 30% power when lended our to allies. At research 7 castle 22. Rakkan is a support race. It takes a few experienced players working together to make this race teach it’s full potential. If you are not playing as a group or whaling I suggest you play another race.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Niquette
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:13 am

Hello,

I play Rakan, im castel rank 32. I just had my first troops level XI. First, you have to know Rakan is the hardest army to take on hand. Still searching thé best combo.

I can give you some advice :
Army for fight :
There is à lot combinaison possible.
Gold i made 2x24 gold crossbowmen and 2x24 gold samouraï. Sometime i made à gold dragon but useless for fight except in void.
Monk are very good to kill big unit and stop charge of horses. Gold ninja sucks.
Silver i made à lot of Samouraï bc they cant lose moral. Crossbowmen are usefull always. Best Rakan unit. I made lot of silver dragon. In battlefield put 2 in thé front corner to secure thé middle.
Like human make à lot catapult they are same.
Never place crossbowmen in front they die fast. I put always Samouraï. In that way enemies have always to kill all 1st line one by one.

For wall : you have the best silver troops. Silver samouraï, never lose moral. All unit are usefull for wall. Remenber to put some dragon to buff them at started.

Big unit. For duke big unit suck. But for prince thé best. Bc you can summoned 3 Rakan troops until thé end of battle.

Enjoy Rakan !

Grey
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:43 am

thanks for the replies, can I ask why gold dragons aren't useful in fights in general? the battle lust at the start seems to help.

are monks or swordsman better at breaking?

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:02 am

^Because Gold Turtles consumes 35 Gold army cap. You can try investing on it late game when you have more army caps to play with.

YaBoiTim
Squire
Squire

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:24 pm

I have to say when I was playing as the rakan it was the worst mistake that I've ever done so I just wen't on another older server ans stayed as human