Server 28 Skyrend - Kingdom of Icarum.
760k Power, Lv 35 Engine - Dwarf, Prince of Cleopolis. + King in Rotation.
Hey guys I've been reading a lot of these kinds of posts about noobs getting bullied to capital and getting Bronze run by jacques (helplessly), so heres my perspective and suggestions for you guys...
POWER & GROWTH MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY
1. Firstly for the noobs (new players) who cannot join a City due to the constant attacks by big players, staying in the capital is the safest place you can be. You should gain enough resources because your building costs are low and quests rewards will always scale with your castle/engine/Lich/Rakan level along with no raids to plunder your resources.
Furthermore you are always running out of resources (Lumber) because you upgrade buildings which are considered useless e.g for humans the only buildings you should be upgrading are swordsman, archers, (horses or siege) (One of each rare resource), Recruitment Outpost and Academy, the rest is considered Fairly useless and should be upgraded once every 3-4 levels of castle to fill the required prosperity per castle level (castle 15 - barracks+ archery range+ (Workshop, hospital or walls till you hit the required prosperity and castle again), My preferences for these "useless buildings" are Workshop>Sawmill>Residence>Elixer>Hospital>Wall>Warehouse.
Also the Prioritise buildings you chose (Swords, Archers & Horses or Siege) are not offered on every level of the castle so the process should be (castle > swords > academy > castle > archers > horses > castle etc.) with a few others thrown in occasionally such as siege. The castle will always take days to upgrade, this will give you the time to save up for the next 2 buildings then repeat.
Same goes for your army, E.g. a mixed army would require Saving up large amounts of Diamonds (Templars) > Diamonds (Siege) > Crystals (Archers) > Crystals (Priests) > Mithril (Swords) > Mithril (Spears) which is incredibly hard to do if there isn't much Easy farm, While a Focused army would only require Diamonds > Mithril > Crystals & Repeat cycle (much more easy to manage as you know which rare resource to prioritise next).
Note: Warehouses and Hospital levels are not needed so high this early since you will be using the free shield every time you go out and moving back as soon as you're done.
PROTECTION & UNATTRACTIVENESS
2. Next you might be wondering "what about my wall level", to be honest you only need to upgrade your wall minimal.... there are people with 700k power with only 250k wall hp. The reason being, the castle is much more important than the wall in terms of defense, it doesn't matter how big your wall is, if it is full of bronze troops then it's just useless either way, the higher your castle is the harder it becomes for players to "bronze scout" which is all that matters once you reach 20+ castle. The higher the castle the higher the required deploy power. also it gives the impression that your troops are much higher in power E.g lv 26 castle 500k vs lv 28 castle 400k. The whales of the server will most likely choose the lower castle level regardless of the higher power because they can easily scout you with a bronze army (only costing gold) and they will know most of that power is in the army not the wall, they can also guarantee the troops at Castle 26 are lower level than the level 28 with 400k power.
JACQUES & BRONZE RAIDS PREVENTION
3. This in turn will also help out all those players facing jacques bronze raid, if you get your castle up , not your wall, it will deny them the ability to bronze with jacquez and will force them to bring silver with Jacques (Risking rare resources), if your first line of gold garrison manages to take his silver raid out (given that they even risk that) then they will most likely stop or kill you off and not retaliate in the future but instead go off to find targets who they can bronze run.
in summary only focus on the main 4-5ish buildings and keep rushing your castle, this will give you much more resources from quests scaled with your castle level and make all the "useless" buildings much easier to build in bulk when you are richer later.
SAFETLY UPGRADING RANK
4. If you do move out of the capital for rank upgrades or cathedral unlocking then make sure you have a free shield, shield up move out, complete the upgrade/build then move back. (The heroes such as virion will stay). And repeat this process if you unlock the next tier of priests/tanks/spiders?/turtle? I assume. I suggest you rush your castle and follow this till atleast castle 25-27 - 350-400k + (If there are huge whales) or unless if someone with very strong garrison (whale) can defend you only. Hope this helps..
GARRISON BUILDING SUGGESTION
1. The above guide will also help you build your gold Garrison in the future, E.g by only focusing swords , archers and horses, (Not all Army types) this leave the priests and spears at a lower level than your main army you carry, this is a huge advantage because spears are important for garrisons against Templars, Mechs and Scorpions (Large Units) and by keeping them low they are affordable to mass build on your garrison. Along with your occasional main strong troop additions to the wall.
2. Keep in mind Since spears are kept fairly low, it's much easier to place 10 - lv 6 Gold spears on the wall and upgrade them slowly (weeks) rather than 10 level IX spears on the wall one after another (months). Along with your occasional addition of focused gold swords, archers and horses which will defend your wall first.
Once you have built a lot (10-15 groups of lv6 spears) onto the garrison then you will look into upgrading the spears one more level and repeat this process (Add 10 upgrade 1 tier, much cheaper and efficient as your castle and resource wagons go up) by the time you are strong enough to hold a city at 400k power for example, you will have say (5 - level X Horses, swords or archers mixed (Maybe more maybe less depending on server action) & 10-15 level VI spears) this is when you will upgrade the spears at under 30 mithril a piece easily rather building them for 200 a piece) and end up with 15-20+- groups of IX - X gold garrison, strong enough to prevent becoming "free food for whales".
E.g As a dwarf, I chose to focus on Mechs, Tanks and Bombardiers simply due to counter the players on my server, I found that engineers (Crystals) would get trampled by Templars and killed by poison along with the double crystal necessity with bombardiers (too expensive to manage) and Snipers (Dianonds) will get blocked by swords due to their block ability and high numbered groups countering headshots (Same with spiders and their summons + Double Blood Diamond Neccesity with Tanks, so I kept my snipers at VI even while my main troops are XI.
My high castle rush allowed me to stay protected and unattractive, and gave my battle XI troops for the impression that i am deadly (without strong gold snipers, unknown to the enemy) this allowed me to build up 20+ groups of snipers at VI while my front lines garrison consisted of XI Mechs, bombardiers, tanks (which took extremely long to build and occasionally add) I managed to get the 20+ Groups of VI snipers built in under 2 weeks (Patron helps speed up under 10 mins if needed).
when I reached Engine 27, 30 , 33 or so (not the ones which unlocked Tank upgrades (Blood diamonds), I was able to take a break on the main upgrades, and upped the snipers one tier at a time costing only 7,12,24 Blood diamonds each tier etc, by now I have 20+ groups of IX Snipers on top of my XI Focused troops which only took 3 weeks total rather than 2 months+, and will continue this way (snipers 2-3 levels behind at all times till garrison is full, keep in mind that even above average researched VIII Gold snipers can kill XI Gold Mechs if they pull off multiple Headshots, with 20-30 groups of these it's very possible even at VIII, whales will think twice and go for easier targets.
Note: Same goes for Human Templars and Gold Spiders, these troops will still be somewhat effective at a lower level (E.g. IX Vs XI Swords) because Templar's charge > swords, engineers skeletons & Spider's Poison > all Humanoid units. Supported by your focused upgraded X & XI troops. Some Humans will prioritise Swords + Archers and Siege rather than templars, this is fine aswell since the SuperUnit Angel & Seraph will compensate for the low level Priests, and will enable siege to break walls for plunder, if you are deciding which 3 units to prioritise remember it's best to choose 1 of each rare resource.
Bonus Information: By following this guide you will gain power at an extraordinary rate over general mixed Army/Non castle rushed players due to the minimal resource requirements (One per rare resource) , rush in building and troop level, and Focused Research bonus (E.g If you prioritise Swords ,archers & Horses, you will only need to heavily research them, and since a larger proportion of your army is filled with these three (25% Swords, 25% Archers, 25% Horses & 25% (The remaining Priest Spears & Siege), Rather then 15% of each type), each research upgraded for the 3 prioritised troops will gain you a bonus power boost.
In the end you must ask yourself, Would you rather have 3-4 army compositions operating at Above average effectiveness/efficiency each or 1-2 army compositions operating at maximum effectiveness/efficiency each?
Feel free to ask questions, Hope this helps.