Wiluven
Squire
Squire

Zen Cauldron vs Hand of Wisdom

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 am

For pure casters (Avril, Cleo, Vallari), would Zen Cauldron or Hand of Wisdom be best? From first glance, you would say Zen Cauldron would be better as it has about 10 more magic vs the Hand of Wisdom. But I really question whether it's better than the Hand of Wisdom as in a typical fight, only one offensive spell is cast per fight. Avril's Blizzard damage is terrible and is really only useful to lock down troops. Cleo and Vallari could certainly benefit from the magic but would +20 magic really out value the stats that two Hand of Wisdoms provide for army bonuses? I can't imagine that +20 magic for one offensive spell out values 12 command (army attack speed) and 18 stamina (army health).

Hand of Wisdom
+4 Magic (Reduces magic damage taken by hero, who cares..?)
+11 Command (+Troop Attack Speed)
+9 Stamina (+Troop Health)

Zen Cauldron
+13 Magic
+5 Command

Thoughts?

Croft
Squire
Squire

Re: Zen Cauldron vs Hand of Wisdom

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:01 pm

I was under the assumption that caster damage increases with magic rather than attack. Look at their passive abilities that have the 25% proc chance. That damage is increased by magic so I would argue their base damage increases with magic.

That being said, you bring up 2 separate points in my opinion. If you had the resources to craft 2 of both trinkets, wouldn't you equip 2 hands of wisdom when you need the extra troop space, then switch to Zen Cauldron when you wanted more damage?

Wiluven
Squire
Squire

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Croft wrote:
I was under the assumption that caster damage increases with magic rather than attack. Look at their passive abilities that have the 25% proc chance. That damage is increased by magic so I would argue their base damage increases with magic.

That being said, you bring up 2 separate points in my opinion. If you had the resources to craft 2 of both trinkets, wouldn't you equip 2 hands of wisdom when you need the extra troop space, then switch to Zen Cauldron when you wanted more damage?

Yes caster damage increases with magic but the passive ability of magic when PVP'ing is 'Increases magic damage dealt by hero and troops. Reduces magic damage taken by hero'. So in your typical PVP fight, only one offensive spell (2x Blizzards if using Avril) is cast per fight. Avril's Blizzard does terrible damage and isn't meant to do anything besides lock troops down. Cleo and Vallari do decent damage but again, only one offensive cast may or may not be used as the fight is typically decided after you use Favor/Firestorm. The other two magic stat passives 'increase magic damage by troops' is useless (as human) and reduces magic damage taken by hero is useless.

So that begs the question here, is +20 magic (using 2x Cauldrons over 2x Hands) on one potentially offensive spell more useful than the 13+ command and 18+ stamina passives that your whole army benefits from by using 2x Hand's instead of 2x Cauldrons.

Command passive 'Increases troop attack speed during battle'
Stamina passive 'Increases troop health during battle'

There is no bigger deal than hero stats -- if your command is heavily favored over your opponent, your whole army has 30%+ attack speed.

xLiquidsnake
Squire
Squire

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Pvping is probably the smallest part of the game. Stats which help breaking a base are better imo which is why i would personally go for the zen cauldren.

Vriana
Knight
Knight

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:29 am

I would probably only use zen cauldron on vega the rest I would use wisdom

Destination
Knight
Knight

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Pick the heros which abilitys you want to use in a PvP fight and put zen cauldron on them if they need magic, and put HoW on everything else.