Manuel
Squire
Squire

How to clear daily quests as Rakan?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:01 pm

I've been Rakan for a long time now, 300k power and dumping all resources I can into research. The thing is, without requesting my mates' troops my army feels VERY underwhelming vs daily quests. I feel it's not fair that I need to use 4 heroes for a chance to win without injured troops while my mates can send 2 rockets and be done with it and generally I feel like a burden since I pretty much need to borrow their units while mine aren't even that helpful to them.
If I use arbalesters, they end up merging into the frontline more often than not and get wrecked, especially if it's a lich quest. Using ninjas instead fixes that as they don't get as close but they do take longer to deal with enemies. Frontline... if monks or samurais, some become injured pretty much all the time. Problem is if I do 10 quests a day that ends up being quite a lot of troops injured (and again, it's mostly annoying because other races do that with 0 injured troops). I've tried turtles as frontline which so far seems to be the best option in quests but my arbalesters don't kill enemy tanks+snipers fast enough to save the turtle(s) from critical shots. Ninjas' shadow strike helps a ton except when sniper groups are far from each other.
1 turtle and 2 borrowed rockets can wreck havoc and clear nearly every quest, no injured troops. 2 turtles+22 arbalesters+2 ninjas. Or monks, or samurais or whatever I have, can't.
I know Rakan is a support race and my troops are stronger when loaned to someone else but are they really so bad I can't clear daily quests myself? lol

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Re: How to clear daily quests as Rakan?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:38 pm

It's not different from human lol, lots of units per troop sucks in quests compared to a few strong ones~ also theres no way your friends clear quests with 2 rockets alone, spiders would destroy their morale before they even walk there, more realistically is 1 stack of mechs and 1 rocket. That's kinda how it is for those races you either field priests and more heroes as human/rakan or you borrow gold spiders or gold mechs~

Manuel
Squire
Squire

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Wyrdii wrote:
It's not different from human lol, lots of units per troop sucks in quests compared to a few strong ones~ also theres no way your friends clear quests with 2 rockets alone, spiders would destroy their morale before they even walk there, more realistically is 1 stack of mechs and 1 rocket. That's kinda how it is for those races you either field priests and more heroes as human/rakan or you borrow gold spiders or gold mechs~

Aren't humans fairly safe if they send a bit of cavalry too?

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Cavalry only has about half the hp of gold mechs and they dont get a 60% dmg reduction from ranged attacks plus they aren't poison immune plus they get wrecked by occultists because they are the only large unit that gets snared... ya horses are straight up useless compared to spiders/scorpions/mechs.

FFBEFred
Squire
Squire

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Well, Lich is for example great for the dailies but annoyingly slow in the Void and horrible at siege - it seems that you simply can't have everything in this game :)

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm

FFBEFred wrote:
Well, Lich is for example great for the dailies but annoyingly slow in the Void and horrible at siege - it seems that you simply can't have everything in this game :)

Dwarf is the best for dailies, sieges, easy void... yeah you can have everything~ well mechs on the garrison perma die i guess thats their only downside lol

lucassanm
Squire
Squire

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 pm

I use 5 dragons turtle in front. 3 Bronze and 2 Silver. Behind i use 2 Crossbrowmans (1 gold and 1 silver). 3 Heroes (Avalon + somebody). 0 Dies! :D

Lokipiece
Squire
Squire

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 pm

I've personally found that this is a rare niche for Rufio to shine in. He provides two troop slots and can act as a decent tank vs enemies. Depending on what I am facing, Rufio in front with Gold Ninjas and Gold Monks behind him can clear many things. Sometimes I trade out the monks for a silver turtle depending on the dungeon and other times I need a second hero for the added dps of two or three additional troops.

I've found I can't sit back and watch on these fights though I need to be using the mobility of Rufio with his jump and the teleport of the ninja to clear out back line dps units before they can really do much. It takes some fine tuning to learn when to jump whom where but aside from that I actually rarely lose much or retry and when I do it is only one silver ninja or two and I have plenty of those to pull from so a couple healing here and there isn't that big a deal with my army setup.

I'm roughly 400k, Stronghold Rushed to lvl 30 and Monk/Ninja focused and currently see 7 and 7.5 star dungeons.

PS: You can also use Jacques, if you have him, with two turtles as he can clear most dungeon creeps faster than they can kill your turtles but this consumes 3 energy and you can generally get a much more flexible and workable layout for 2 energy so Jacques is kind of a toss up to use or not.