Aleex157
Squire
Squire

Switch back to human?

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:45 am

Hello, I‘m actually dwarf but I heard they were a Bad Late game. What do you think about switching back to human (I Heard they were the best Late Game) when I reach lvl 30? Im Not expecting an other full disband Event but dwarves usually have more ressources. My paid heroes are bane gafgar rose and cleo but i can affirme buying elena too. Why dont I have Jacques? Simply because je didnt appear in my Shop yet, already 2 Weeks waiting...

Could also someone explain me why dwarves are Bad Late Game and why humans are Good?

Croft
Knight
Knight

Re: Switch back to human?

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:55 am

Why I consider Dwarf Garrisons to be a disadvantage (not bad) is because at max level, your wall is the most costly yet easily beat over time and you gain no resources from loses. I personally believe dwarf best wall troops are Mechs because they are very tanky which allows your rifleman enough time to crit hit your enemies. People will argue to just put humanoid units in your wall or have somebody else defend you but what's the point if you can't hold it yourself? I find Engineers trash. Sure they have good hp, great damage and don't perma die but they are stupid slow and, most importantly, they morale break.

Humans/Rakaan have the non-morale breaking troops, Lich undead troops come back 70% (up to 90%) of the time after a fight making you have to attack them almost twice as many times as other races, and Dwarfs...well once they catch up to your level and research, your Mechs perma-die.

Aleex157
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:41 am

I find snipers bullets very strong but they are weak against humans. I want to have one of the strongest garison of the server, when I sit nobody take me off. I don't like the undead thing because they still die, and that's a lot of ressources lost. I'll probably go to human then, because they all go to hospital too.

Destination

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am

Find yourself a good friend that is playing lich/human and defend eachother 24/7 moving everywhere together, then you are good to go going on with playing dwarf.

Croft
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Aleex157 wrote:
I find snipers bullets very strong but they are weak against humans. I want to have one of the strongest garison of the server, when I sit nobody take me off. I don't like the undead thing because they still die, and that's a lot of ressources lost. I'll probably go to human then, because they all go to hospital too.

I agree sniper bullets aren't as effective versus the many number of human troops, which is why people also add rockeeters to their wall.

Try to understand my point about undead troops versus mech troops - correct they both die, HOWEVER, undead troops can be made for FREE whereas mechs troops cannot. So it doesn't cost them anything and if you attack undead troops, you are doing it twice as often. At max level, the game is an attrition war.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Aleex157 wrote:

I play Dwarf at Castle Level 40. I have a few thoughts, but first I want to address your comment on Undead. Undead units can get a 90% (someone confirm this, they switched it around a bit, it may be 80% now) resurrection rate with research, and it is an instant revive. That means it will take five separate attacks to fully kill one stack, as they will revive immediately and be placed back onto the wall. If you spend all your mithril building gold scorpions, all your crystal building gold spiders, and all your diamonds on mummies or stalkers, you will have a very difficult wall to beat with instantly reviving units. Plus add in the desert bonus, and the fact that Lich hard counter Humans, who seem to be the best end game siege class, and you are even stronger. The gold scorpions will also melt the Dwarf silver mech frontline, so you are relatively safe from dwarves too.

On to Dwarves. Dwarf has a strong garrison, the biggest issue being that our most viable tanking unit, mechs, permanently die. But, what else are you going to spend mithril on? At max level, all your mithril should be dumped into gold mechs for your wall anyways. You have to look at it as an overall investment in securing your RSS to continue building units that don't die. But, if you get hit hard and lose all your mechs, it will take a very long time to rebuild them, probably weeks. You can add engineers, but they are subpar in every respect. The other issue with Dwarf garrisons is what you pointed out, sharpshooters don't do well against troops that have more units per stack when they have high evade chance. They fire relatively slow and will hit one troop at a time, so they will never shine against a full stack of gold swords, especially when they have a 30% evade chance. But, a well researched stack of blasters can clear out swords relatively well, assuming the swords are not god tier in research with a backline of gold healers that are also god tier in research. That combo is pretty much unbeatable.

Also, keep in mind that no wall is safe anymore. We have seen high level research players use Rank 13 Bronze units to clear out Rank 13 gold walls (Lich v Human). We have seen well researched human players field four gold swords with two gold healers and silver archers to clear out full gold garrisons with minimal losses (90% injury rate with King).

The end game balance is completely out of whack, so you should not assume you will be safe long term with any race. Dwarf is as viable as any of the other races, they just have the biggest penalty if they get a full clear.

Farris
Squire
Squire

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:53 pm

The good point in ur decision, which i find is that humans form a complete cycle its op to put centurions instead of templars the safest frontline as any large unit will be melt furtjer down healer to prevent a jaques from killing the centurions and still further behimd archers so that the opposition dies penetrating the centurion layer as seen lich and dwarf are not complete on their own but two intersecting circles and when they are in mixed form they can be deadly as seen lich garrision has 90 percent tenacity a difficult wall to break dunelords are very oppresively strong and cannot be completely killed before those necrolyte layer ressurect ur own troops against u and even if u get past the thing the last layer is spider and warlocls on wall spiders are too much op at backline providing continous spiderling reinforcements on which dwarven rangers are forced to loose ammo on and the warlock layers r the offenders to those heroes coming to dwarvens yes sharpshooter is must on wall bombraiders can be put behind mech gold and if u think engineer there is no way u can kill the mechs before those bombraiders get their hands clean i think mech engineer and bombs r all to be in battlefield and sharpshooter on walls they will headshot the jaques probably however a lich dwarf protected garrision is difficult to break at all